Colin Kaepernick

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Colin Kaepernick

Postby burrrton » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Nobody's saying you don't have a "right", obi (I wish people would quit throwing that word around)- the point is nearly half the country is/was saying roughly the same stuff about Hillary (see: "deplorables", "Rs are my enemies", etc), and she had a whole 'nother set of issues.

The point isn't that she has the same negatives as Trump, but rather that she's just as undesirable on balance. As such, claiming some moral high-ground based based on having voted for her over him isn't going to impress many observers who saw both of them for what they were- two *extremely* flawed candidates.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:55 pm

Interesting parsing of words there"don't have any room to" and "don't have the right to" ... read pretty much interchangeable to me in both contexts.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:45 am

The former implies he shouldn't, the latter implies he can't, but I'm not going to argue about a meaningless distinction.

My only point is if you thought Hillary fcking Clinton was an acceptable alternative to Donald fcking Trump, I think you've ceded the moral high ground and lost the "right" to laugh at others for supporting the other candidate.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:28 am

burrrton wrote:My only point is if you thought Hillary fcking Clinton was an acceptable alternative to Donald fcking Trump, I think you've ceded the moral high ground and lost the "right" to laugh at others for supporting the other candidate.

Yup.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:36 am

My only point is if you thought Hillary fcking Clinton was an acceptable alternative to Donald fcking Trump, I think you've ceded the moral high ground and lost the "right" to laugh at others for supporting the other candidate.

I wasn't saying that, what I was saying is that I was not going to vote for Hillary until he couldn't even go to the Al Smith dinner without acting like a total infant. His dad used to take him there as a kid, its supposed to be a truce period in the campaign where you come together, trade a few jokes, and go back at it the next day. That jackazz couldn't even do that, that was it for me. Trust me, and I know that's an ugly word, I left the Democratic party over the Clinton's. He forced me to vote for her. Trump is just an obscenity to me. His job is just to destroy our Republic, period.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:58 am

Is this .net where a thread about Kap turn into a presidential political fiasco?....why yes.

People are still arguing about Hillary Clinton and Rump, while already seeing the devastation Rump is doing in a mere matter of months?

If a thread is to be ruined with this rhetoric I will chime in and say if somehow we escape the next 4 years, every single idiot that voted for the worlds biggest narcissist will have even seen what idiots they were for thinking he could actually properly lead this once great nation.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:09 am

Largent80 wrote:Is this .net where a thread about Kap turn into a presidential political fiasco?....why yes.

People are still arguing about Hillary Clinton and Rump, while already seeing the devastation Rump is doing in a mere matter of months?

If a thread is to be ruined with this rhetoric I will chime in and say if somehow we escape the next 4 years, every single idiot that voted for the worlds biggest narcissist will have even seen what idiots they were for thinking he could actually properly lead this once great nation.

I agree, I did not bring Trump into this. Moreover, I am surprised that Yoder hasn't jumped on it.

As to your post I would say, that IF I was a good looking female, instead of a 61 year old, middle aged, ugly fat man, I would ask: can I have your babies? Fortunately for the both of us, as Churchill said, the terrible IF's compound! Its not for me to question why people voted for Trump, its that do not EVER try to defend his behavior, or say that he has a remote chance of being even an average POTUS, he does not.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:02 am

Oh my GOD.. that people still equate the short comings of Hillary w/ this thin-skinned, idiotic-tweeting, man-baby narcissistic baffoon is scarier to me than the division its caused. The world is laughing at us, we are losing global credibility by the minute & I am petrified. I was no Bush Jr. fan (like at all), but I'd kiss him squarely on the lips if he could return to the Oval instead of the guy there now. Hell, I disagree w/ almost everything about Pence and would MUCH rather he be the highest office for n the land. 45 neither knows nor cares a thing about governance. This is bananas and rather than laugh at Trump, I'm quaking in my boots - both for what he's up to and that people still support him.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:47 am

Preach Sista !!!!!!!!!!!
Largent80
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:30 am

I wasn't saying that, what I was saying is that I was not going to vote for Hillary until he couldn't even go to the Al Smith dinner without acting like a total infant.

Which translates to: "I voted for Hillary."
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:36 am

Oh my GOD.. that people still equate the short comings of Hillary w/ this thin-skinned, idiotic-tweeting, man-baby narcissistic baffoon is scarier to me than the division its caused.

From the outside, as a person who would not vote for either, it looks like the hyperbole surrounding anything the idiot does is causing more division than anything he's actually done.

I don't disagree with any of your slams there, but where are the armageddon-level-world-ending steps the buffoon has taken? Not what you think he's capable of, but what he's actually done.

You find Hillary's "shortcomings" much more acceptable, which is your prerogative- I just find them *different*. I'm not sure what is so "scary" about that.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:07 pm

Pulling out of the Paris Accord and joining only two other nations in the world (Syria and Nicaragua) is scary. Not only is he ignoring science and the global ecomics of said science, he's said FU to the globe and our allies. Heads of state for those allies are holding back on intelligence sharing because he's such an infant he cannot quit tweeting and saying things a leader shouldn't say, like sharing shttt with the Russians. There are too many instances to enumerate and you seem smart enough to read it all for yourself. But saying things like Putin is great, we have a lot in common & Kim Jong Un is a smart cookie... they are mass murderers and dictators for FCKK sake. That is insanity. You can use the word hyperbole All you want, but the USA is making more enemies than friends these days and that is not a liberal media ruse. Putin is playing puppeteer... all of which is weakening our standing in the world.& I don't have the time to list the myriad of reasons we should be concerned, if not for the planet and peace upon it, than for American democracy. He is upsetting and scary to my most conservative friends, too. He does NOT UNDERTAND GOVERNMENT AND GOVERNING.

If what he's done doesn't scare you at all, not much will. Trust me, I'd love to eat crow on this or even just some humble pie.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:16 pm

Pulling out of the Paris Accord and joining only two other nations in the world (Syria and Nicaragua) is scary.

The Paris *Agreement* is 100% meaningless- even if every participating nation accomplished *everything* they "agreed" to (and many of them agreed to nothing, which is why they were willing to sign), it wouldn't make a rounding error's worth of difference in global temps *according to their own claims* (it's 0.17C or something). It's a complete farce and everyone knew it the day Obama signed on.

Add to that the money that we'd spend trying to implement all the goals in it, and our pullout from it was a foregone conclusion.

You could argue that it lowers our leadership role or something, but we're not leaders of the world because we sign on to costly virtue-signaling agreements. We didn't lose our standing refusing Kyoto, we won't lose it now (at least not over this).

As for the rest, I don't really disagree with any of what you say- but you're not really describing any world-ending and/or otherwise evil things he's done.

(and FTR, I *have* done my reading and I stay moderately up-to-date on what's going on- I just haven't seen anything worth the apocalyptic freak-out I'm seeing from so many- so far, he's been kind of what I expected- a narcissist boob learning on the job)

If what he's done doesn't scare you at all, not much will.

This is probably true- I don't scare easily. ;)

[edit]

I'll also add as an aside before the DENIER! accusations come out, I believe the climate is changing, I believe it's getting warmer, and I believe humans contribute to it.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:34 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Oh my GOD.. that people still equate the short comings of Hillary w/ this thin-skinned, idiotic-tweeting, man-baby narcissistic baffoon is scarier to me than the division its caused. The world is laughing at us, we are losing global credibility by the minute & I am petrified. I was no Bush Jr. fan (like at all), but I'd kiss him squarely on the lips if he could return to the Oval instead of the guy there now. Hell, I disagree w/ almost everything about Pence and would MUCH rather he be the highest office for n the land. 45 neither knows nor cares a thing about governance. This is bananas and rather than laugh at Trump, I'm quaking in my boots - both for what he's up to and that people still support him.

Not a lot of people support Trump. His popularity has gone steadily downhill, from 45% when he took office to 36% this week. But they don't like the Democrats, either. 67% feel that the Democrats are out of touch compared to a 58% rating for DJT. That's a pretty lame opposition party.

The fact that Trump was able to get elected despite historic unfavorable ratings is due to one reason and one reason only: The Democrats were unable to present the country with a viable alternative. Heck, I remember Chawkbob commenting when Trump first started running that his candidacy was the best thing to happen to the Democrats since Watergate, a sentiment I agreed with wholeheartedly.

Now Hillary is throwing her own party under the bus, blaming them for her election woes. First it was the Comey letter, then the Russians, and now it's the Democratic party's fault. If Dems/libs want to become relevant and get this "thin-skinned, idiotic-tweeting, baby narcissistic buffoon" out of office, they need to quit making excuses and come up with an acceptable candidate and a palatable message. Right now they have neither.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:52 pm

Which translates to: "I voted for Hillary."
Only because HE made me do it!
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:54 pm

Not a lot of people support Trump. His popularity has gone steadily downhill, from 45% when he took office to 36% this week. But they don't like the Democrats, either. 67% feel that the Democrats are out of touch compared to a 58% rating for DJT. That's a pretty lame opposition party.

The fact that Trump was able to get elected despite historic unfavorable ratings is due to one reason and one reason only: The Democrats were unable to present the country with a viable alternative. Heck, I remember Chawkbob commenting when Trump first started running that his candidacy was the best thing to happen to the Democrats since Watergate, a sentiment I agreed with wholeheartedly.

Now Hillary is throwing her own party under the bus, blaming them for her election woes. First it was the Comey letter, then the Russians, and now it's the Democratic party's fault. If Dems/libs want to become relevant and get this "thin-skinned, idiotic-tweeting, baby narcissistic buffoon" out of office, they need to quit making excuses and come up with an acceptable candidate and a palatable message. Right now they have neither.

Great point, a friend mine said IF you do not like Trump, blame the DNC!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:38 am

I used the Paris *Agreement as one of many examples where he's pissed off the rest of the planet. That he is a denier is one of the things that scares me, that the very people in his cabinet who are in positions to protect the environment are deniers scares me. What's scarier still - I'll bet they aren't even deniers, they are just greedy bastards.

Parse it how you want, but my original point was, through many means, the president is systematically weakening the USA. By Irritating our allies one by one to the point that they share less Intel with us (which makes us less safe); by his half-brained budget proposal (that beefs up the muscle, but cuts off the head of our defense - just one of a very large # of stupid budget cuts) & on n on. The level of lunacy we've seen from this man-baby president is nowhere near the short comings of HC, even if you believe all the claims against her, which I don't. He's not just embarrassing, he's doing some damage. If he lasts 4 years, I'd be willing to bet we will be less safe, more divided, in much worse financial shape as we speed toward a continued lack of concern for climate change - and these are only some of my concerns. Call em apocalyptic if you want; would you care to bet?
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:33 am

That he is a denier is one of the things that scares me, that the very people in his cabinet who are in positions to protect the environment are deniers scares me.

Stop with the "denier" slander- it makes you sound like a cultist.

I'm not going to defend Trump (I think he's all over the place), but Pruitt takes a stand similar to what I described earlier:

* the climate's changing (why would anyone expect that it's *not*?)
* it's getting warmer (it's gotta be one or the other)
* humans have a non-zero impact on that (how could we not?)

The questions he and many others hold beyond that:

* how big is our impact on the warming
* are the proposed steps for mitigating it going to have an impact, and if so, how BIG an impact
* are those steps worth the price
* etc and so on

are, I'm sorry, reasonable ones to ask even if you disagree with their conclusions. They all have a level of uncertainty to them (some more than others).

How you can find that "scary" is beyond my ability to grasp, I guess.

Call em apocalyptic if you want; would you care to bet?

Not sure why you think I'd bet on Trump as we share a lot of the same concerns, but:

Less safe? Agreed. We'll probably have a terror state with a nuke somewhere around the time he leaves office (not sure you can put that on him, though).

More divided? Agreed. I have no doubt about that with the absolute bed-wetting going on over everything the clown tweets. Our politics are moving in the wrong direction in this regard.

Worse financial shape? I might take that bet. The country has been in essentially a stall since 2009- if he can manage to avoid WW3 (something that you find less likely than I do, I'm sure), we'll almost certainly be in better financial shape.

The level of lunacy we've seen from this man-baby president is nowhere near the short comings of HC, even if you believe all the claims against her, which I don't.

Agree to disagree. Let me know if you'd like a detailed discussion with someone who held a security clearance for well over a decade. We can go to OT if so.
Last edited by burrrton on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:10 am

Hawk Sista wrote:..but my original point was, through many means, the president is systematically weakening the USA. By Irritating our allies one by one to the point that they share less Intel with us (which makes us less safe); by his half-brained budget proposal (that beefs up the muscle, but cuts off the head of our defense - just one of a very large # of stupid budget cuts) & on n on. The level of lunacy we've seen from this man-baby president is nowhere near the short comings of HC, even if you believe all the claims against her, which I don't. He's not just embarrassing, he's doing some damage. If he lasts 4 years, I'd be willing to bet we will be less safe, more divided, in much worse financial shape as we speed toward a continued lack of concern for climate change - and these are only some of my concerns. Call em apocalyptic if you want; would you care to bet?

You know, I heard almost exactly the same concerns out of the left about Ronald Reagan 30 years ago. Do you remember how much angst he created with our western Europe allies minus the UK with his missile deployments? Remember the "nuclear freeze" movement? And guess what happened: The Soviet Union collapsed, the Berlin Wall came down, and libs started dancing in the streets thinking of all the ways they were going to spend the "peace dividend."

Trump's behavior is unsettling, even to a conservative like me. But I do think that you are over stating your concerns. Our allies need us a heck of a lot more than we need them. They're just going to have to learn to live with him like the rest of us here in America.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:57 am

That he is a denier is one of the things that scares me, that the very people in his cabinet who are in positions to protect the environment are deniers scares me.

burrrton wrote:Stop with the "denier" slander- it makes you sound like a cultist.

Oh it does not. He is a denier, he has not taken Pruitt's stand (as far as I know) he said flatly that "climate change is a hoax", which by definition denying climate change as any level of reasonable concern.

You're making yourself sound more like a cultist going around scolding everyone that doesn't agree with you. Stop it yourself.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:23 am

Oh it does not.

Yes, it does, Bob. It's the language of religion, not science.

Stop or don't- I don't really care all that much, I guess- just telling you it makes you sound like the nut to everyone not firmly in your camp already.

[edit- and FTR, I said I'm not defending Trump, but that dopey, politically-charged term is overused to the point of absurdity. Perhaps Trump does deserve to be called something along those lines- I'm just letting you know you'd be better off picking a better term- that one reflects as badly on you as it does on him]
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:21 pm

A cultist? Ok then, I choose to disagree with you on that. As I already said, POTUS either believes climate change is a hoax (he has said so quite DIRECTLY on multiple occasions), or he doesn't. If he believes it is a hoax, he is denying what scientists around the world believe - that would make him a denier. If he truly doesn't believe it is a hoax and speaks and behaves as though he does, that just represents another reason to be concerned. Like his idiotic tweets last night, they are ill-informed and damaging all at once. And this behavior, whether in the form of factually incorrect midnight tweets that set the world's teeth on edge, his climate change stance, or the firing of Jim Comey...the dude is all over the place. One minute the answer is this, the next it is that. The stakes are high, and I'm not going to be cajoled into feeling like a tin-foil wearing lunatic because his ADHD/erratic behavior makes me nervous.

AND QUIT comparing him to other leaders or presidents and quit lumping me in with everyone on the left. He is not Ronald Reagan, not even close. TRUMP is #NOTNORMAL!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:27 pm

In OTHER news Kap wasn't​ signed but Austin Davis was.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:36 pm

Yah, it looks like they don't want much competition for Russ.
If things go bad, the rift might get bigger if they signed CK.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:51 pm

Davis is a good signing if you ask me. Former starter that knows he's a backup.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:18 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Pulling out of the Paris Accord and joining only two other nations in the world (Syria and Nicaragua) is scary. Not only is he ignoring science and the global ecomics of said science, he's said FU to the globe and our allies. Heads of state for those allies are holding back on intelligence sharing because he's such an infant he cannot quit tweeting and saying things a leader shouldn't say, like sharing shttt with the Russians. There are too many instances to enumerate and you seem smart enough to read it all for yourself. But saying things like Putin is great, we have a lot in common & Kim Jong Un is a smart cookie... they are mass murderers and dictators for FCKK sake. That is insanity. You can use the word hyperbole All you want, but the USA is making more enemies than friends these days and that is not a liberal media ruse. Putin is playing puppeteer... all of which is weakening our standing in the world.& I don't have the time to list the myriad of reasons we should be concerned, if not for the planet and peace upon it, than for American democracy. He is upsetting and scary to my most conservative friends, too. He does NOT UNDERTAND GOVERNMENT AND GOVERNING.

If what he's done doesn't scare you at all, not much will. Trust me, I'd love to eat crow on this or even just some humble pie.

'
Yet your fine with Obama, Clinton, and the like being friend with Saudi Arabia. Every election more than half of what you posted happens.

I'm watching old episodes of SNL right now where they're making fun of the Clintons' associations with Russia and China. Their Whitewater scandal. And all the affairs Billy was having. A more scandal ridden White House has not happened than the Clintons since Nixon. At least all this Trump crap is not proven yet, yet you're assuming the news reports are right before the intelligence agencies have even proven half of it.

Doesn't it register at all on your BS scale how the left wing media is going after every little thing Trump does? His wife doesn't accept his hand, some negative news story comes out. It's a constant attack on him. You assume it is all true without proof. Total horscrap.

And I didn't vote for him either. I'm not falling for the constant news stories saying this and that with no legally actionable proof. I guarantee...ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE...if the Democrats or Republicans had an real actionable proof, they wouldn't be having investigations, they'd have him on trial. Neither side of the traditional parties like this guy. Many powerful Republicans and Democrats would love to have him on trial and impeached.

Yet no real actionable proof of wrong doing and they're trying as hard as they can to find any. Looks far more like a witch hunt you're participating in to me.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:27 am

You know, I heard almost exactly the same concerns out of the left about Ronald Reagan 30 years ago. Do you remember how much angst he created with our western Europe allies minus the UK with his missile deployments? Remember the "nuclear freeze" movement? And guess what happened: The Soviet Union collapsed, the Berlin Wall came down, and libs started dancing in the streets thinking of all the ways they were going to spend the "peace dividend."

Trump's behavior is unsettling, even to a conservative like me. But I do think that you are over stating your concerns. Our allies need us a heck of a lot more than we need them. They're just going to have to learn to live with him like the rest of us here in America.

Comparing RR to DT is like comparing Eichmann to Mother Theresa, its not even close to being valid. I hated Reagan as a President. However, I always knew that he was a great man, great American, great Patriot. Everyone always knew that Reagan was always America First, the only thing Trump puts first is Trump.
obiken
Legacy

Postby monkey » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Oh my GOD.. that people still equate the short comings of Hillary w/ this thin-skinned, idiotic-tweeting, man-baby narcissistic baffoon is scarier to me than the division its caused. The world is laughing at us, we are losing global credibility by the minute & I am petrified. I was no Bush Jr. fan (like at all), but I'd kiss him squarely on the lips if he could return to the Oval instead of the guy there now. Hell, I disagree w/ almost everything about Pence and would MUCH rather he be the highest office for n the land. 45 neither knows nor cares a thing about governance. This is bananas and rather than laugh at Trump, I'm quaking in my boots - both for what he's up to and that people still support him.

Short comings??? That's what we're calling an entire career of putrescence? Wow.
Even if Trump is every thing you guys have just regurgitated from the lame stream media, (and he isn't) at LEAST he's still nowhere near as bad as Hillary the single most corrupt politician in American history.
(Not surprisingly she's under investigation again...again...)
Trump may be there worlds biggest degenerate (your opinion) but Hillary has broken federal law, REPEATEDLY! Her money laundering scheme, errr...,Clinton foundation, which has made her and her sicko husband family wealthy is nothing more than a pay for play scam.
I truly hope that she finally gets indicted for her many crimes against this nation. No candidates in recent history has been more reprehensible than nurse ratchet, Hillary Clinton.
I hope her and her verminous ex husband go to prison where they belong.
monkey
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:46 pm

"lame stream media"

You mean everyone but Faux News ... talk about brainwashed.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:26 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:AND QUIT comparing him to other leaders or presidents and quit lumping me in with everyone on the left. He is not Ronald Reagan, not even close. TRUMP is #NOTNORMAL!

I wasn't comparing Trump to Reagan. I was comparing the reactions many of those on the left had to Reagan's going against the grain of our European allies to the reactions that Trump is getting from our European allies. The concerns are almost identical. You're exactly right, Trump is not Reagan, and I would argue that he's pretty close to a 180 degree polar opposite (Reagan had such a high degree of respect for the office that he would not even take off his suit coat when he was in the Oval Office. Contrast that with Trump's tweeting.)

There's a lot of things that concern me about Trump, one of them, as you noted, being his very objectionable personality and unprofessional habits, but getting some of our allies upset at us isn't at the top of that list, not even close.

And I'm sorry if you feel like I'm lumping you into everyone on the left. It was not my intent. I was responding to the points you were making and contrasting them with the leftist thought back in the '80's.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:19 pm

I wasn't comparing Trump to Reagan.

Honest question, Sis- why did he have to point this out? He was clearly talking about the worldwide reactions to the election of the two men- can you rethink where you are on this psychologically?

You want "scary"? Your hysterics are what's "scary".
burrrton
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:29 am

Yeah.. I'm the one brainwashed, Bob, when I get my news from literally ALL sources.
I, unlike most, don't disclude any possible news source, I COMPARE the news sources, from CNN, to Fox and everything in between. I like watching all the fake news sites, they make me laugh with their propaganda.

(Speaking of, CNN hilariously just a couple days ago got busted yet again for setting up a fake Muslim protest after the suicide loser blew himself up at the concert. Talk about FAKE!!!)

The fact that there is literally only one place where you can ever get even slightly right leaning news on the regular channels, really ought to tell you who is being brainwashed! Are you aware that in a recent, credible poll, only 7% of those working in the media identified as Republican? Does that sounds fair and balanced? Or are we to really believe the 93% of journalist who are leftists, really leave their biases at home? Turn on any news Network other than Fox and all you will see is 24/7 hatred of Trump.
I'm not the one who has been brainwashed. Sounds like you might have been though...
monkey
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:56 am

Burrrton - I had a response written and deleted it in favor of letting this topic go and forgetting who said what in here. I was headed back to football complete with a short memory about what political stances people have taken.

This is what I meant. . . . Trump is not presidential in any way. He cannot sit still, cannot listen, cannot quit tweeting, cannot avoid getting in his own way, etc. In my lifetime (granted, I am not 228 years old so I cannot personally speak to them all) I have not witnessed any president with less of a clue about what being president means and how much of a personal sacrifice and commitment it is. Not Clinton, Bush, Reagan or Nixon; not even remotely close. Those guys, love 'em or hate 'em, were presidents. Trump has absolutely no interest in governance. My point was not so much about whether or not Reagan was criticized in similar fashion as it is this - it is, IMHO, pointless to compare this point in time to the Reagan era or any other because Trump's first 140 days in office are simply incomparable.

I really appreciate your concern for my psychological health, it's nice to know you care. :roll:
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:01 pm

monkey wrote:Yeah.. I'm the one brainwashed, Bob, when I get my news from literally ALL sources.
I, unlike most, don't disclude any possible news source, I COMPARE the news sources, from CNN, to Fox and everything in between. I like watching all the fake news sites, they make me laugh with their propaganda.

(Speaking of, CNN hilariously just a couple days ago got busted yet again for setting up a fake Muslim protest after the suicide loser blew himself up at the concert. Talk about FAKE!!!)

The fact that there is literally only one place where you can ever get even slightly right leaning news on the regular channels, really ought to tell you who is being brainwashed! Are you aware that in a recent, credible poll, only 7% of those working in the media identified as Republican? Does that sounds fair and balanced? Or are we to really believe the 93% of journalist who are leftists, really leave their biases at home? Turn on any news Network other than Fox and all you will see is 24/7 hatred of Trump.
I'm not the one who has been brainwashed. Sounds like you might have been though...

I exercise regularly on an elliptical and have access to Fox, CNN, and MSNBC and will alternate watching each channel depending on the topic being discussed, and IMO MSNBC is just as liberally biased as Fox is conservatively biased.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:46 pm

Yep, Chris 'Obama gives me tingles' Matthews and his ilk over at that leftist propaganda channel are almost as bad as CNN... Almost.
monkey
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:06 pm

This is what I meant. . . . Trump is not presidential in any way.

I pretty much agree, but that doesn't change that you seem to be in a mindset where you missed that RD *didn't say he was*. Trump doesn't have to be "Presidential" for the hysteria surrounding his election to remind someone of other instances of it.

Those guys, love 'em or hate 'em, were presidents.

That's emphatically *not* what people said about Reagan when elected. You just made RD's point for him.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:43 pm

I feel like I'm shouting at the wind. Perhaps were we chatting over coffee, I could make my point more effectively. There is a wide delta between the disdain for Reagan in the early days and Trumps first 140. In my view, the comp was as much of an exaggeration as I was being called for. But for now, football is supposed to be my peace and this hardly feels like that to me. As such, I respectfully exit this discussion.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:08 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:I used the Paris *Agreement as one of many examples where he's pissed off the rest of the planet. That he is a denier is one of the things that scares me, that the very people in his cabinet who are in positions to protect the environment are deniers scares me. What's scarier still - I'll bet they aren't even deniers, they are just greedy bastards.

Parse it how you want, but my original point was, through many means, the president is systematically weakening the USA. By Irritating our allies one by one to the point that they share less Intel with us (which makes us less safe); by his half-brained budget proposal (that beefs up the muscle, but cuts off the head of our defense - just one of a very large # of stupid budget cuts) & on n on. The level of lunacy we've seen from this man-baby president is nowhere near the short comings of HC, even if you believe all the claims against her, which I don't. He's not just embarrassing, he's doing some damage. If he lasts 4 years, I'd be willing to bet we will be less safe, more divided, in much worse financial shape as we speed toward a continued lack of concern for climate change - and these are only some of my concerns. Call em apocalyptic if you want; would you care to bet?

Allies? What do they give us, hawksista? What do these allies give us? Do you even know who we count as an ally?

Saudi Arabia? You talking about them where 15 of the hijackers of 9/11 came from and Osama Bin Laden. ? Eqypt? You talking about them? Israel? How about them? Pakistan? Our ally that hid Osama Bin Laden in their nation. France? They give us nothing. Germany? Do you read up on what they're doing in the EU with economics? Why they support bailing out nations like Greece, so they can have other nations indebted to them in perpetuity? The Scandinavian nations? Do you think they would do anything for us if we were invaded?

We have a handful of nations that are true allies. Great Britain and Canada. No one else can be counted on to assist us. They expect us to assist them, but do very little for us.

Who else are you worried about? China? Mexico? Russia? All the tiny Baltic States? Weaking the USA? There are not challengers to us because our population is too large. Trump does not run the nation alone. Why you think he does, I do not know. People will not stop sharing intelligence with us because of Trump. Intelligence agencies operate independently of the presidency as they always have.

And climate change is something that is going to happen. Get with it. We're not stopping India and China from industrializing. They have four times the population we have and they don't give a rip about Paris Agreements.

The world is so much bigger than the United States. Our role in it only occurs when our "allies" have a problem they want us to take care of. Otherwise, they don't care.

And the Clintons as well as G.W. Bush Jr and Donald Trump are all in bed with our "allies." So don't worry, our world standing will be just fine because all you have to do to see how much people love America is follow the money. You think any of these "allies" give a damn about Paris Agreements and the like when it comes down to money. I wish you would spend more time studying the economics of American power versus liberal drivel spoonfed to the masses by a media focused elsewhere while men and women with power negotiate real money deals with very little regard for the environment or many other factors. We have no real "allies", only business partners. They won't change as long as business is good.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:I feel like I'm shouting at the wind. Perhaps were we chatting over coffee, I could make my point more effectively. There is a wide delta between the disdain for Reagan in the early days and Trumps first 140. In my view, the comp was as much of an exaggeration as I was being called for. But for now, football is supposed to be my peace and this hardly feels like that to me. As such, I respectfully exit this discussion.

If what you were saying were true, I would listen. You have to read the non-mainstream economic and business material to see how the world really runs. The stories that don't make headlines. The small deals you don't hear about and how they benefit particular groups and people. Not the "These CEOs twittered angrily about leaving the Paris Agreement."

Instead, you want to read all the people making money off climate change, even though they are having no positive impact on emissions because production of the materials for alternative energy often affect the environment in a similar fashion. They are paying immense sums of money to push climate change policy and making huge money off the technologies meant to reduce the carbon footprint and supposedly slow global warming. Take some time to read up on the money being made off climate change. It's quite illuminating to see why so many are invested.

Even GE is one of the biggest sellers of wind power. Men like T. Boone Pickens the former oil man has been pushing natural gas and wind power and making piles of money.

Let's just say when you have two sides fighting and both sides are looking to make as much as money as possible, you have to take some time to figure out what's really going on rather than assuming one side is right. Climate change is no longer this liberal philosophy meant to change the world and help us. It's big money with big money players pushing their philosophies hard regardless of what the science says. You have to be real careful buying hook, line, and sinker into such dogma.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:28 pm

Sorry Asea, but it was NEVER about helping the world, it was ALWAYS about making money. Always.

I lived through the seventies when these same"scientists", (leftists) tried convincing the world that because of air pollution, we were heading towards an ice age.
The solution to the so called global freezing problem? Same as the leftists suggest now, massive transfer of wealth through socialism.

Al Gore got most of his brainless ideas from a professor who is considered the father of the global warming theory, who HIMSELF had since completely dismissed his own theory! The man who came up with the theory has renounced it.
BTW, does anyone know what Al Gore said when he learned that the professor who came up with the theory renounced it?
He said that (paraphrasing) he was old and senile, and what does he know?
The whole thing is a scam, nothing more. Virtually every single prediction made over the last thirty years by these nut jobs have failed epically and yet they persist.

There is in fact climate change of course, there has always been! There have been many times in Earth's history which have been MUCH warmer, with a lot more CO2 in the atmosphere; it was due to that great big ball of fire in the sky known as the sun!
There may be some amount of human influence in it, (I strongly doubt it personally), but there is exactly ZERO scientific proof to show there is, and or, how much affect we are actually having.
The correlation between CO2 emissions and warmer temperature has never been proven, not even close.
There is much better science to show that increased​ levels of CO2 is not the cause of warming, but the result of warming.

It's pure politics. Not science.
monkey
Legacy

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks Forum