Article about Wilson

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Article about Wilson

Postby Largent80 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:01 am

I'm tired of Kaepernick talk and the politics that somehow got mixed into it.

THIS however is about RW and is a decent read.

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahaw ... -2015-form
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Article about Wilson

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:17 am

Yea, a lot better than all the gossipy stuff that's been written here lately. But it's going to be a long 3 months before we can get this party started, and until then, we're going to have to tolerate the Kaepernick for backup QB, Sherman trade, Wilson favored crapola.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:45 am

Its easy to forget the monumental accomplishments of RW last year playing hurt. High ankle sprains and strained MCL's generally mean lost games for any QB. Russ didn't even miss a practice. Graham had no training camp and still blew away Seahawks records for tight ends catching balls from a gimpy RW. Baldwin also set career marks for yards and catches. If Russ stays healthy it might be quite a passing offense.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:27 am

He has to stay healthy so again it depends on the OL improving for him to excel.
The following article about ET was interesting as well as he seems more motivated than ever.

If the team stays relatively healthy we might have a chance, but OL improvement is still the key this year.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:24 pm

I think the O-Line is going to be much improved this year. And the chances of RW getting hurt in the very first game like last year are slim.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:07 pm

Largent80 wrote:I think the O-Line is going to be much improved this year. And the chances of RW getting hurt in the very first game like last year are slim.

Just experience alone should help as long as they aren't flopping around to different positions and get to learn one real well.
The pre-season should tell us if they are very much improved.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:24 pm

I like Kapadia and have found him to be pretty even in his reporting, even though his focus is the Hawks. Me on the other hand...I am an unapologetic homer, especially in June. I cannot for the life of me understand why Gil Brandt left the Seahawks off of the top 10 NFL rosters. We have a lot of top 100 players and I really think we will make a deep push this year, that is if RW and the team stay relatively healthy.

Thank you for the link and the change of subject. Onward and upward - #GOHAWKS!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Largent80 wrote:I think the O-Line is going to be much improved this year. And the chances of RW getting hurt in the very first game like last year are slim.

I'll believe it when I see it. I've been hearing the SOS from various sources for the past 3 years.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:19 am

Hawk Sista wrote:I like Kapadia and have found him to be pretty even in his reporting, even though his focus is the Hawks. Me on the other hand...I am an unapologetic homer, especially in June. I cannot for the life of me understand why Gil Brandt left the Seahawks off of the top 10 NFL rosters. We have a lot of top 100 players and I really think we will make a deep push this year, that is if RW and the team stay relatively healthy.

Thank you for the link and the change of subject. Onward and upward - #GOHAWKS!

Brandt often forgets about the Seahawks and even when talking about them on NFL Radio, he seems to only have a few words to say.
I think it's a result of the East Coast bias as he only gives a few minutes to the rest of the Division as well unless he's talking about 20 years ago or more.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:36 am

Brandt is a smart dude I suppose and he's hit or miss. But Hawks not a top 10 roster.? ROFLMAO. The dude is higher than a hippie in a helicopter on this one.
To be fair it doesn't always translate into results but the Hawks have had about as much success as anyone but New England in the past 5 years.
He's getting a little senile.
I've gone back and forth on my feelings about this season but I'm starting to feel that Seattle has gone back to being the hunter and not the hunted like that last few years, feeling the disrespect.
I'm getting a better feeling with the guys pulling together with the locker room controversy and getting it out in the open. I'm overjoyed there is no Kap controversy. I like the draft and certain aspects of free agency.
I like Russ talking more like old Russ and not the seemingly distracted media superstar of the past couple of years.
The start of the year, especially the opener is fraught with danger. But if Seattle can emerge the first quarter of the season they have a great shot to shut up some pundits and wipe the sour taste of 49 out of their mouths.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:54 am

Hawktawk wrote:I've gone back and forth on my feelings about this season but I'm starting to feel that Seattle has gone back to being the hunter and not the hunted like that last few years, feeling the disrespect.
I'm getting a better feeling with the guys pulling together with the locker room controversy and getting it out in the open. I'm overjoyed there is no Kap controversy. I like the draft and certain aspects of free agency.
I like Russ talking more like old Russ and not the seemingly distracted media superstar of the past couple of years.
The start of the year, especially the opener is fraught with danger. But if Seattle can emerge the first quarter of the season they have a great shot to shut up some pundits and wipe the sour taste of 49 out of their mouths.

I really don't know what to expect from the coming season. The Packers opener does look intimidating but teams wax and wane with such frequency that I've come to wait a month or so before I start handicapping a schedule. But Green Bay is an exception as Rodgers has them in the mix every season.

I'm overjoyed at the results of the Kaepernick non signing, too. Even if he fit into the locker room like a glove, it would have been a huge distraction.

I haven't paid much attention to what RW's been saying or doing. I'll wait and see what he looks like when camp opens in another couple of months.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum