Will the Hawks Run Game get going?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Will the Hawks Run Game get going?

Postby Largent80 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:37 am

I say YES. Ifedi and Glowinski move to their college positions after a year in the NFL. Britt solidified center. We have a bunch of people vying for LG and Fant is going to improve.

I re-watched the NE game from last year last night and the OL was playing pretty well and we were 5-2-1 at that point. To go in there on a short week and beat them on SNF was a big deal and I see nothing but improvement.

Now to get to the RB's. We add Lacy who kinda resembles Marshawn in some regard. I would say health is a question mark after last year but Rawls and Prosise (who went OFF vs. NE in that game) are going to be special this year. We also have a very intriguing rookie.

If we get this rushing attack going it will improve every aspect of the team.

Ima likin it.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Will the Hawks Run Game get going?

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:44 am

I look at Lacy's shedding of weight with more optimism than I do anything that's going on with the offensive line, which IMO is going to take some time just to settle on the starting positions not to mention gaining some continuity once those positions have been decided. Having Lacy in the backfield along with a healthy Russell should help our running game.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:36 pm

I'm not so sure getting back to their College positions is much of a comfort level if you believe they don't have very good training at that level.
Some Offensive Linemen enter the NFL with never having put their hand in the dirt so it may be a completely new position for them from a fundamental PoV.
I'm sure there is some comfort in knowing where the pressure comes from at Right Tackle, but the run game and pass block fundamentals are different at the NFL level not to mention with Ifedi the Tackle fundamentals.
Glowinski is also still learning the Pro Offense as he comes from the WVU AirRaid Offense of Shannon Dawson and Dan Halgorsen. It doesn't seem heavy on NFL type fundamentals, but a year or more of play and practice
should stand him in good stead for competition from Aboushi.

I'm long term positive about this group, but early this year might be a larger test than they are ready for.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:35 am

RiverDog wrote:I look at Lacy's shedding of weight with more optimism than I do anything that's going on with the offensive line, which IMO is going to take some time just to settle on the starting positions not to mention gaining some continuity once those positions have been decided. Having Lacy in the backfield along with a healthy Russell should help our running game.

What I find really interesting is how little anyone mentions Rawls or Prosise at all. In his short NFL career Rawls has put up some numbers Lacy hasn't such as his all time rookie rb record of over 200 yds rushing with a receiving TD and rushing TD
in the game vs the 9ers in 2015.He led the league in YPC in his rookie year. He was hurt most of last year but still set the Seahawks all time single game playoff rushing record vs Detroit. All Prosise did was go into Foxboro and lead the Hawks in both rushing and receiving in an incredible Hawks win, squeezing an incredible over the shoulder basket catch of a deep throw late in the game. He opened the next game vs Philly by housing it from 70+ for an all time long run in the Clink before breaking his scapula later in the game. He's the most explosive intriguing back of the 3.
I like the line. And don't misunderstand, I love the Lacy signing as well. Russ will hopefully not be gimping around on a huge knee brace. But don't forget the other guys.

Run game is going to be back bigger than ever......book it...
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:54 am

Good call, Hawktawk. As much as we know Carroll wants that physical style of running back, he won't keep Rawls off the field if Rawls is showing up. Maybe Pete rides the hot hand on a game-by-game basis. As long as the running game is clicking, I don't think any of us care who is toting the rock.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:57 pm

We are a run based offensive team , so I think the Seahawks are going to work on it really hard. We can beat the other teams with a steady stream of runs. We control the ball and the clock then our defense stops them from scoring . We win the game.

So yes out of necessity we get the ground game going.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum