Seattle Redskins?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Seattle Redskins?

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:16 pm

You would think that if you worked for the NFL that you'd realize that the Redskins don't play in Washington state:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/not ... spartanntp

But on second thought, if 29% of Americans can't find the Pacific Ocean on a map, it shouldn't be too surprising that there's a significant number of these head-up-ass people that end up working for the NFL.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Seattle Redskins?

Postby politicalfootball » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:06 am

Hi River, that's a good one. Bunch of bone heads.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby makena » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:08 pm

This is hilarious!!
I was listening to sports radio (710/950) last season and they kept on playing an add on the radio for Kirk Cousins Lasik Eye surgery commercial for a shop in DC.
I couldn't believe my ears that not only was it on 710 but also 950. I started laughing.. the weird thing is that not one DJ commented on it... I guess they just said they got paid and who cares...

It's just a trip to hear an add for a business on the other side of the country with a rep that doesn't even associate to your region.
LOL

Mak
makena
Legacy

Postby makena » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:25 pm

makena
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:58 am

Not to get political, but back during the formation of the Constitution, one of the arguments against a direct popular vote was that the common man wasn't smart enough to be trusted with such a responsibility. After 240 years since it was written, I can understand and agree with this argument. Although it would be highly unconstitutional, in my opinion us Americans should have to pass a basic intelligence test before they earned the right to vote. I can't stand being led by the ignorant masses.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Oly » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:44 am

RiverDog wrote:Not to get political, but back during the formation of the Constitution, one of the arguments against a direct popular vote was that the common man wasn't smart enough to be trusted with such a responsibility. After 240 years since it was written, I can understand and agree with this argument.

A conservative lawyer friend of mine (he's one of the good guys, I swear!) has said that many of our political problems would be solved by repealing the 17th Amendment granting citizens the right to elect their senators. When they have to pander to their base for re-election, we're guaranteed gridlock as any sign of bipartisanship is cause for a challenge in the primary. When I asked him about the corrupt smoke filled rooms producing shady characters (*ahemchicagodemocraticpoliticsahem*), he shot back with "and you think our current system doesn't produce corrupt and shady politicians?"
Oly
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:10 pm

RiverDog wrote:You would think that if you worked for the NFL that you'd realize that the Redskins don't play in Washington state:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/not ... spartanntp

But on second thought, if 29% of Americans can't find the Pacific Ocean on a map, it shouldn't be too surprising that there's a significant number of these head-up-ass people that end up working for the NFL.

I would think there are a bunch of local Washington fans who would pay something extra for that plate.
Should have bought out the store before they were pulled and maybe made a bunch on resale.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:42 pm

NorthHawk wrote:I would think there are a bunch of local Washington fans who would pay something extra for that plate.
Should have bought out the store before they were pulled and maybe made a bunch on resale.

I wish I would have thought of that. To someone that collects license plates, it would be the stamp collector's equivalent of the stamp with the picture of a bi plane flying upside down.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:21 pm

makena wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0TK_vk-XDM

This isn't funny, it's depressing.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:00 pm

Not to commit a sacrilege, but we could just flop mascots. We become the Washington Redskins, they become the DC Seahawks??
obiken
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:22 pm

Not to commit a sacrilege

You just committed a sacrilege. Go... do whatever you're supposed to do for such an apostasy!
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:23 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Should have bought out the store before they were pulled and maybe made a bunch on resale.

That's the capitalist I like to see in everyone.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:14 pm

You just committed a sacrilege. Go... do whatever you're supposed to do for such an apostasy!

That's hilarious Burry!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:32 pm

Vegaseahawk wrote:This isn't funny, it's depressing.

You think that's depressing? Try this one:

The National Geographic–Roper 2002 Global Geographic Literacy Survey polled more than 3,000 18- to 24-year-olds in Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Sweden and the United States....About 11 percent of young citizens of the U.S. couldn't even locate the U.S. on a map. The Pacific Ocean's location was a mystery to 29 percent; Japan, to 58 percent; France, to 65 percent; and the United Kingdom, to 69 percent. More young U.S. citizens in the study knew that the island featured in last season's TV show "Survivor" is in the South Pacific than could find Israel.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... urvey.html

And if you think that American's collective stupidity is limited to geography, think again!

On a recent survey, just 74 percent of Americans said that the Earth revolves around the sun.

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/a ... ce/283864/
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:42 am

River that is depressing and scary!
obiken
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:27 am

obiken wrote:Not to commit a sacrilege, but we could just flop mascots. We become the Washington Redskins, they become the DC Seahawks??

OBI bite your tongue.

Off.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum