Your Seahawk Breakout Players

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Your Seahawk Breakout Players

Postby Largent80 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:32 am

I'm going with Graham. This guy not only shed the injury that laid waste to many careers, but he had incredible numbers. He is a BEAST.

I really want him re-signed (yeah, we should re-up Britt, but Britt needs to have a solid year again).

Jimmy is a big part of this offense, especially THIS year.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Your Seahawk Breakout Players

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:39 am

I'm hoping they use him more effectively in the Red Zone.
That's play calling, though so it might not improve.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:41 am

NorthHawk wrote:I'm hoping they use him more effectively in the Red Zone.
That's play calling, though so it might not improve.

Maybe that play calling might include the sucesss of our running game?

I'm thinkin that Bevell is on his last year. Even though most of us have wanted to move on for several years.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:14 am

[quote="Largent80
Maybe that play calling might include the sucesss of our running game?

I'm thinkin that Bevell is on his last year. Even though most of us have wanted to move on for several years.[/quote]

I cant say Im rooting for Bevfool to be "on his last year". That would mean the offense was dreadful in 2017 because I swear Bevel and Carroll have a bromance.

As you say many have called for it. Should have happened Feb 3rd 2015 but right now I hope he's signing an extension in a year or the hottest HC candidate alive after the Hawks crush the Pats in the super bowl.

My breakout player is Paul Richardson. He was a freak show down the stretch after Locketts injury capped off in the playoff vs Detroit with a freak show reach around the defenders body one hander while nearly tearing the guys head off with the other hand on a 4th and goal call.

His injury vs. Carolina in the divisional round in 2014 probably was a huge factor in the 49 loss, we will never know but he was surely more explosive and sure handed than Ricardo Lockette and Russ was targeting him more all the time.

Graham hasn't hit his NO numbers and never will in this offense but dude broke all single season team TE records last year. An anticipated improvement on that might propel this offense into the stratosphere.

Barring further injury Russ will be superhuman. As a mere mortal playing hurt all year he still rushed for the better part of 300 yds , threw for a good portion of 4000 yards and had a 2 to 1 TD to interception rate. Its how spoiled we are at the position when you have to bounce back from that.....

Rawls is going to beat out Eddie Lacy for the starting RB position....Maybe not week 1 but this is competition at its finest. When healthy Rawls is as explosive and powerful and with great football speed as any back around. People forget 2015 when he put up 2 games with more yards than any game in Lynches career so far and led the league with a rushing average of nearly 6 ypc.

Im too lazy to check stats this AM so if I spit something there I stand corrected.

GO HAWKS IM SO JACKED!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:03 am

In the 'Bounceback' thread I said Cassius Marsh. It would be good if he does break out while McDowell recovers (if he ever does).
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:54 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rec ... id=UE07DHP
Awesome news. This changes everything. Hard to call it a breakout if Rocket Lockett is dazzling but more of a comeback from a gruesome injury. He only caught 41 balls all season but 16 were in his last 3 games of the year and he didn't even finish the AZ game obviously!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

With the way Darboh looks and the emergence of P rich this looks like as good a receiving corps as Wilson has had in his career.
As an aside if Im Kearse Im not talking out a second mortgage.....
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum