Seattle Seahawks vs San Diego chargers preseason

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Seattle Seahawks vs San Diego chargers preseason

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:45 pm

I got 15 minutes to game time. This is going to be a test for the OL . We will see how Pete wants to run this game.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Re: Seattle Seahawks vs San Diego chargers preseason

Postby Largent80 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:18 pm

Some great defense to start the game for Seattle.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:24 pm

Oops so much for defense they just scored. We will get it back.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:27 pm

OL was Fant, Joekel, Britt, Aboushi, Ifedi
Largent80
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Yay 10 , 7 Seahawks.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Season is a disaster
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Tedrick Thompson has a LOT to learn.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:55 pm

Boykin is Shaboinkin them.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:14 pm

I noticed that the starting Tackles (projected) are still on the field for the bulk of the first 1/2. I think that's pretty smart at this point. Fant is BIG now and you can see the obvious change in him. Ifedi at right tackle has held his own, as far as I can tell.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:21 pm

We lead at the half 27 - 14 seems to be we are playing well. I want to see the stats on this game.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:33 pm

politicalfootball wrote:We lead at the half 27 - 14 seems to be we are playing well. I want to see the stats on this game.

PF... you watching the Seahawks game? It's not 1/2 time yet and we're up 34-14...
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:41 pm

I wasn't too pleased watching Rivers carve up the first team defense like a christmas turkey. Other than that great game. I haven't heard any more on P rich they said maybe a shoulder. Kasen williams looks awesome.

Boykin shows why the team has been patient with his screw ups so far. he could be a star in this league. Davis was solid as well. The line looked very good.
Great start. I don't care whether its preseason when you can go on the road and hang up 48 points and give up one sack its pretty good.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:21 pm

Despite the score, I wasn't too impressed, particularly with our first team D. Rivers cut them up like a hot knife through butter.

And Richardson left with an injury. That's all we need, another injury to our receiving corps.

It's still early, though. I'll be patient at least until Week 3 of the preseason.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:50 pm

I'm not too worried about the Defense. It's pretty vanilla at this point even with the 1's playing.
I was happy with the depth along the OL. They all played well together as a unit and when substitutions were made there wasn't much negative impact. We haven't seen that at this point of a season for a few years so it speaks well of the quality depth. We'll see if inadequacies get exposed as the pre-season develops and we play against other Defenses.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:58 pm

NorthHawk wrote:I'm not too worried about the Defense. It's pretty vanilla at this point even with the 1's playing.
I was happy with the depth along the OL. They all played well together as a unit and when substitutions were made there wasn't much negative impact. We haven't seen that at this point of a season for a few years so it speaks well of the quality depth. We'll see if inadequacies get exposed as the pre-season develops and we play against other Defenses.

As you said in your first two sentences, the defenses play pretty vanilla this time of year. It's more about talent appraisal than it is about scheming. We'll see how well this Hodge podge offensive line performs once the bell rings.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:29 am

Our "new" kicker... every kick dead down the middle for xPts and FGs. Good start.

Kasen Williams looked real good and too bad about P Rich, but we seem to have a bevy of good receivers and the 2 best didn't suit up.

Our 4th round b/u safety got torched in Pete's D rule #1... do NOT let them get behind you, and he did, for a big SD TD and it wasn't close. The rest of the 2nd and 3rd team D did pretty good. A few sacks and tips for ints and kept the intensity up for the game.

js
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:21 am

Regarding the Richardson injury, if he's going to be always injured, Williams and Lawler appear to be very hungry WR's.

Thompson (#33) is NOT going to want to see the tape this morning. He was so late to the party.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:08 am

Winner: Chargers’ first-string offense owned Seattle’s first-string defense

Philip Rivers played in exactly one series Sunday night for the Los Angeles Chargers. It was all he needed to show he’s still one of the top quarterbacks in the league. Going up against one of the best defenses in the NFL, Rivers picked apart the Legion of Boom, going 5-of-6 passing for 56 yards and a sweet touchdown pass to old reliable, tight end Antonio Gates. Aside from one really nice hit by Earl Thomas, the Seahawks were owned by the Chargers in every way. It was a positive sign for a team that’s been decimated by injuries in recent years, including this one.

This^^^^^^^. Its the only blemish on a great night. Yeah its vanilla, preseason blah blah blah. And I would add it was done by a HOF QB throwing to a definite first ballot HOF TE but still it was ugly .
It better improve.....
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:50 am

- First team defense got burned by a couple missed assignments and a QB - TE combination capable of capitalizing.
- Our first string offense looked smooth and capable, even if they didn't finish off that first drive with 7 points.
- Our O-line seemed to do a better job in pass pro than run blocking, which is kinda new, but didn't do either great. I also don't think we've settled on a line up yet.
- Our WRs look like a great group, this could be a fun year to be Russell Wilson.
- Little disappointed in our RBs, but it's hard to tell this early, especially with the line being shuffled around so much, but playing with that much of a lead most of the game our run game should have been crushing it.
- Boykin showed why the team stuck with him, and Davis didn't look bad either, that battle continues.

Fun first game overall.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum