Positives / Negatives

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Positives / Negatives

Postby Largent80 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:43 am

For me the positives obviously outweigh the negatives from this first game.

Positives.... Earl Thomas is back, did you see the hit he put on? Boykin looked terrific, even Davis was 7-9.
Kasen Williams and Kenny Lawler took very good advantage of their chances. Lawler made a crunching legal crack back block and had 1 TD and almost another.
Naz Jones had a good game. Fant looked good, there are many more.

Negatives....First team defense was dreadful. Glowinski should NOT start anymore.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Positives / Negatives

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:34 pm

The only negative for me was the injury to P-Rich. Pete said he got hurt pretty good. Other than that, great first week to knock the cob-webs off.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:24 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:The only negative for me was the injury to P-Rich. Pete said he got hurt pretty good.

Not again, (GROAN)
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:02 pm

PRich is always injured. Lawler looks ready to me and he can block like a bad dog.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:25 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:The only negative for me was the injury to P-Rich. Pete said he got hurt pretty good. Other than that, great first week to knock the cob-webs off.

I wasn't too pleased with the opening series of the game for the Chargers. They went through our D like water through a screen door.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:25 am

Negatives; yeah, our leaky weak tackling 1st. team defense didn't impress me at all. But, to be fair (and 24 hours to calm down) I guess we shouldn't expect more in their first pre-season game where they have not done any real hitting 'til now in camp.

I was really disappointed we didn't answer their opening TD with one of out own, having the drive stall and have to settle for a FG brought back some bad bad memories from last season.

Positives; Depth, that is the main thing that jumped out at me about the game, we do have a LOT of depth on both sides of the ball. There are going to be some vets that lost their jobs and many that are cut, are gong to end up playing on other squads.

Earl Thomas was back and hitting! It looks like Tyler is back, that's great. I hated to see Paul Richardson injured yet again, he was having a whale of a game, I hope it is not serious.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:58 am

I cant remember if it was Cbob, or River, who said Exhibition games don't count but they do matter. Boykin is a problem, he is getting too good just to be a backup. Just my opinion!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:42 am

Boykin looks like an RW mini me.

He had some pretty good touch on those throws to Williams. The INT was a direct result of a dude in his face when he was throwing the ball.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:56 am

obiken wrote:I cant remember if it was Cbob, or River, who said Exhibition games don't count but they do matter. Boykin is a problem, he is getting too good just to be a backup. Just my opinion!!

Obi, you're showing your age when you refer to preseason games as "Exhibition games". That's what they used to call them way back when.

I'm not too enamored with preseason games. The priority for teams is not winning the game, it's getting live game action for their first teamers and a means to evaluate their talent for everyone else. You can see trends, though, like our leaks like a sieve OL in the preseason of the last two years.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:14 am

obiken wrote:I cant remember if it was Cbob, or River, who said Exhibition games don't count but they do matter. Boykin is a problem, he is getting too good just to be a backup. Just my opinion!!

Boykin is a problem, but it's not because he is getting too good. According to all the reports he has looked pretty bad at practice. He certainly played well overall and showed how electric he can be, but his numbers were also buoyed by 4 great catches by Williams and the fact that he was playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I still don't have a ton of confidence in him coming in and winning games for us yet. With all that being said he looked like he could be a decent backup for us and he has the potential to maybe be a starter in this league but he also has a lot of work to do.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:45 am

I would hate to cut him if only because if he went to another team in our division, he would be the perfect scout QB as he not only knows the plays, he can mimic Wilson better than any other QB.
At this point, he's a backup QB. I don't think he's starter material quite yet but he's getting better.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:57 am

I think our new draftee secondary players had a rough go of it, and that is to be expected. DB is a tough position to play anyway, and being new to the game makes it tougher.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:32 am

You Boys are goin to need Boykin after you play the Rams..A. Donald had RW in his sights
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:37 am

Hey Rambo, Steve Bannon can show you how to Suck ____ _____ ____.

And since you are used to sucking, it will be natural for you.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:50 am

How about David Bass. That guy was all over the place.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:18 am

On the Negatives side, KJ Wright has some type of knee injury.
I don't know if it happened during the game or in TC, but he's getting some treatment for it.

"Head coach Pete Carroll said that Wright wasn’t having surgery, but was in a “process” to quell the issue that was becoming more bothersome.
“He has a process that we are going through to help his knee. He has something that’s just been nagging. He’s out of town working on that this week,” Carroll said"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... some-knee/
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:56 am

On the positive side Wilhoite played well. And played 2 positions.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:54 pm

Largent80 wrote:On the positive side Wilhoite played well. And played 2 positions.

Way better depth this year, but Wilhoite is no KJ Wright. I hope his knee is as close to 100% as it can be by the start of the season.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:15 pm

And now Rawls has an ankle injury and will miss the next game.
At least it's not the regular season, but I wonder if he can stay healthy.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:50 pm

NorthHawk wrote:And now Rawls has an ankle injury and will miss the next game.
At least it's not the regular season, but I wonder if he can stay healthy.

Rawls is too brittle to make it in the NFL. Time to move on from him if the depth can step up.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:29 am

I was really worried for Ifedi, the dude simply needs more time and then lost a whole week of valuable practice.....If Cable say this, Ifedi is in deep doo-doo, or rather our franchise QB is in trouble on the right side. Maybe he should practice rolling left?

“I think we’re pretty solid at center, left guard and left tackle,” Cable said. “So now we just want to make sure the opportunity is there for everybody to compete, get their opportunity on the right side, and then we’ll make that decision hopefully sooner rather than later.”

George Fant is starting at left tackle, Luke Joeckel at left guard with Justin Britt a Pro Bowl alternate at center last season.

Pocic’s inclusion at right guard is new this week, and he remains a possibility at right tackle, which is where Germain Ifedi is holding strong for the time being. Cable was asked specifically about Ifedi’s performance through the first three weeks of training camp.

“I think he’s probably on schedule,” Cable said. “I’m a little disappointed in that week he missed. I think that would have really kind of been a big deal for him so we’re trying to play catch up a little bit, but he seems to be doing fine.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/324959/se ... all-right/
Largent80
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum