Who is the 4th rb

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Who is the 4th rb

Postby politicalfootball » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:16 pm

Rawls, Lacy, and Prosie are probably going to be 1 2 3 backs. Who is going to be playing 4th I think it's Carson.

It's a great situation to have someone many great backs to choose from.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Re: Who is the 4th rb

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:54 am

Prosise is injured again so maybe they just cut ties with him and keep Collins as well or maybe one of the other backs that have shown the ability to catch balls out of the backfield.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:47 am

Prosise is injured far too often for comfort, but I cannot see them cutting ties with his talent just yet. Since Rawls has a minor injury as well, they may keep 5 RBs out of the gate. If they do, I think Alex or Mike Davis might stick. Or maybe McKinnon who can play WR, RB and return-man. But the four main guys will be Rawls, Lacy, Prosise, and Carson...I'd bet.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Oly » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:23 am

Hawk Sista wrote:Prosise is injured far too often for comfort, but I cannot see them cutting ties with his talent just yet. Since Rawls has a minor injury as well, they may keep 5 RBs out of the gate. If they do, I think Alex or Mike Davis might stick. Or maybe McKinnon who can play WR, RB and return-man. But the four main guys will be Rawls, Lacy, Prosise, and Carson...I'd bet.

That's pretty close to my take, although I could see them trying to stash Davis on the PS and just bring him up if needed. I'd go with 5 until either Rawls or Prosise are 100%, but they might gamble that Davis won't get snagged from the PS.
Oly
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:23 am

I can see them keeping 5 RBs for the reasons mentioned above. Neither Rawls nor Prosise have shown the ability to stay healthy.
Combine that with Lacy coming off of an ankle injury and that's the top 3 RBs that didn't complete last year or are currently dinged up.
The choice I can see them making is McKissic because he can be most like Prosise who they love catching the ball as well as his return skills if they
decide to ease Lockett back into the fold.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:25 am

Who is the 4th rb?

Russell Wilson, as he will have no OLine.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:33 am

NorthHawk wrote:I can see them keeping 5 RBs for the reasons mentioned above. Neither Rawls nor Prosise have shown the ability to stay healthy.
Combine that with Lacy coming off of an ankle injury and that's the top 3 RBs that didn't complete last year or are currently dinged up.
The choice I can see them making is McKissic because he can be most like Prosise who they love catching the ball as well as his return skills if they
decide to ease Lockett back into the fold.

That's what I meant, McKissic, not McKinnon. Sorry. Sounds like we are on the same page.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:32 am

obiken wrote:Who is the 4th rb?

Russell Wilson, as he will have no OLine.

Sorry, I forgot to include Collins as the 5th RB but got carried away with the injured players.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:34 am

Tonights game is "dress rehearsal" is so starters will play the first half. The rest only have a game and a half against scrubs to show what they have.

Lacy
Rawls
Prosise
Carson

So far.

I like what I see from Davis as well. Collins as well. Would be nice to keep 5 if they aren't hell bent on FB.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:01 am

That's easy then, Largent. Just let Eddie "Feast Mode" Lacy play fullback. He's got the size, and then you can keep Davis or Collins.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:27 am

Largent80 wrote:Tonights game is "dress rehearsal" is so starters will play the first half. The rest only have a game and a half against scrubs to show what they have.

Lacy
Rawls
Prosise
Carson

So far.

I like what I see from Davis as well. Collins as well. Would be nice to keep 5 if they aren't hell bent on FB.

Don't you think that with Prosise and Rawls already hurt (not playing tonight) and considering their injury history, the FO might feel pressure to keep an extra RB?
That's what's going through my head in this exercise.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:08 pm

Yes, me too.

Prosise last year was a broken scapula so I give him a pass on that, but the guy seems to be like a wife that keeps going back to the beating husband.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:10 am

Prosise may be cut, with Carson playing so well.. as much we mortals can tell watching him in 3 pre-season games.

On a side note... a "domestic violence" joke is out of place in this day and age -- might want to keep that to yourself.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:40 am

Rawls is oft injured as much as Prosise. He needs to get and stay on the field, otherwise one of these guys that is tearing it up should get his spot. Davis made a sick cut on a play last night. Whomever we cut from this group, or even try to stash on the PS will be scooped up.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:28 am

Like ObS, I didn't notice Collins last night and don't think he played.
It seemed like they wanted to get a good look at McKissic in a RB role and I'm sure they love that what he brings as a receiver out of the backfield.
His returner mentality means he's trouble if he gets the ball in space and is able to set up would be tacklers. Davis showed some flashes, too.
This is a good problem to have, but with the injury history of Rawls and Prosise, one of them might not make the team.
Can we really afford to keep 2 players that have a good probability of not playing most of the season when there are others that are pushing them?
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:38 am

If we're trying to be a running team, we certainly can't put guys in wheelchairs out there. RB's are a 5 year max (in most cases) player.

Weve seen Rawls injured more than play, same for Prosise. Tons of the dreaded "potential" but like blown glass.

Carson
Davis
McKissick
Lacy
Largent80
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum