1-0, 0-1, or 0-0-1 is a disaster: Which will it be?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

1-0, 0-1, or 0-0-1 is a disaster: Which will it be?

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:06 am

Are you honing the language for your first post game thread of the season, Sis?
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: 1-0, 0-1, or 0-0-1 is a disaster: Which will it be?

Postby Feez » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:32 am

1-0 adding Sheldon Richardson is going to make our defense scary good. I think Rodgers will be pressured the entire game and we go into GB and beat them at home. this will be a statement game for our defense. not sure where our offense is right now but I am sure they will produce enough to pull out a W. Wilson and Baldwin looked to be in midseason form already in the little action they saw. pepper a little Graham on top and a decent running game we should have just enough going to win. I think the defense will have a much faster start than the offense though.
Feez
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:52 am

Damn it, Riv.... you beat me to the punch. I really don't know what it'll be, but I know (barring significant injuries) it will not be a disaster. I actually maintain my earlier prediction that we will win in Lambeau just for you. People have Brady and Rogers penciled in as the likely season MVP, here's to RW having something to say about that in week one.

I know pre-season wins & stats have little basis in reality, but our Seahawks were at the top of the class offensively and defensively. I agree w/ Feez that fortifying our D-line won't do any favors for the Packers. Our o-line leaves something to be desired, but it's better than it was at the start of last season, which is a big part of why we started slow. The line paired w/ injuries (to RW, Rawls, Jimmy & CJ early on) & our O was flat out bad. The O will improve w/ time this season, but they won't start out nearly as slow as the past few seasons....that and our D has almost as many pro-bowlers on it as positions.

I think we steal one at the not yet frozen tundra and then 1-0 will be our disaster.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:13 pm

I think we have a very real chance at losing 2 of the first 3 (@Green Bay and @Tennessee).

We are notoriously slow starters, as pointed out in another thread by Largent80. We also do not play well on grass, for whatever reason. 3 of our 5 losses last season were on grass (@ Los Angeles, @ Tampa Bay, @ Green Bay).

We haven't won in Green Bay since 1999, Holmgren's first season in Seattle. To put that into perspective as far as how long ago that was, we still played in the Kingdome and we faced a guy named Dan Marino in the playoffs that season (the last game in said Kingdome).

Tennessee is a good young team with a lethal running game and offensive line. They will be fired up to show they are ready to take on the NFL elite, in front of their home crowd. Trivia - chawkbob and I went together to the last game we played in Nashville, in 2005.

Now, I do think we get it going after possibly stumbling out of the gate. After the first 3 games, I see us winning 5 straight, heading into the Thursday Night game in Arizona (which me and Riverdog will be attending).

Just some context, and I also wanted to name drop some great posters from over the years :D
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:29 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:I think we have a very real chance at losing 2 of the first 3 (@Green Bay and @Tennessee).

We are notoriously slow starters, as pointed out in another thread by Largent80. We also do not play well on grass, for whatever reason. 3 of our 5 losses last season were on grass (@ Los Angeles, @ Tampa Bay, @ Green Bay).

We haven't won in Green Bay since 1999, Holmgren's first season in Seattle. To put that into perspective as far as how long ago that was, we still played in the Kingdome and we faced a guy named Dan Marino in the playoffs that season (the last game in said Kingdome).

Tennessee is a good young team with a lethal running game and offensive line. They will be fired up to show they are ready to take on the NFL elite, in front of their home crowd. Trivia - chawkbob and I went together to the last game we played in Nashville, in 2005.

Now, I do think we get it going after possibly stumbling out of the gate. After the first 3 games, I see us winning 5 straight, heading into the Thursday Night game in Arizona (which me and Riverdog will be attending).

Just some context, and I also wanted to name drop some great posters from over the years :D

Don't forget that the tie was on grass, too. Remember how horrible the condition of the turf in Glendale was last season? Overall, we were 1-3-1 on natural turf last season, with our only win being in an almost meaningless game against the hapless 49'ers. 6 of our 8 road games are on sod this season, so let's hope it's just a coincidence.

I can easily see us at 2-3 after our first 5 games. The only season in the Pete Carroll era in which we haven't been slow starters is our Lombardi season in 2013. Not only do we have the up-and-coming Titans in that stretch, but we also play the Rams on the road...and on grass. We always struggle against their D on the road.

As far as former PI posters goes, I miss Bird Dropping's musings. Besides being well informed, he has the most unique and entertaining writing style of anyone that I've encountered on the internet. Perhaps we can entice him to dip his toe in here.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:38 pm

I'll be at that Tennessee game, that guarantees a win.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:40 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:I'll be at that Tennessee game, that guarantees a win.

We're going to hold you to that! We'll sentence you to 25 back slashes if we lose! :lol:
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:10 pm

Thanks, guys - for reppin us at the away games. We may go
To the Arizona Th night game. If we do, you two up for a beer...my treat?
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Seahawkfan80 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:48 pm

I am thinking about attending that game myself....the Cardassian game. I think we have a good chance of winning this game as well...So I am a 1-0 hopeful. Hope yall are well and happy. Go Hawks.
Seahawkfan80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:37 am

Hawk Sista wrote:Thanks, guys - for reppin us at the away games. We may go
To the Arizona Th night game. If we do, you two up for a beer...my treat?

Of course. Let's stay in touch. :D
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum