Hawks Vs Packers Game thread.

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Hawks Vs Packers Game thread.

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:38 pm

It wasn't just Odiahmbo, it was all of them. What an embarrassment.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:41 pm

The old gray mare ain't what she used to be. Over/under on which game Wilson will be lost for the season? I say week 5 versus the Rams......
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:42 pm

Both G's and LT ... No boat in the world has enough bilge pump to keep up with those leaks.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:45 pm

I understand it's legal and our D should have been better prepared to handle it, but Aaron's hard counts and and catching 12 men on the field always pisses me off. Put that w/ his forever limping around, the refs and our O- line and I'm sick. T.O.P. was awful.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Pack holds serve at home to the tune of 17-9. Nothing to fret over this early. Defense did their job against one of the best offenses in the league at home. Offense started as they typically do, slow and pathetic. Graham needs to step up.

Offenses usually start slower than defense as they build on chemistry. I'm not going to freak out until I don't see them progress.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:13 pm

If this continues and the Defense is on the field for 40 minutes on a regular basis, there will
be a lot of injuries and the rest will be ground down.
We saw some of that at the end of the game but later in the year it will be both physically and psychologically.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Pack holds serve at home to the tune of 17-9. Nothing to fret over this early. Defense did their job against one of the best offenses in the league at home. Offense started as they typically do, slow and pathetic. Graham needs to step up.

Offenses usually start slower than defense as they build on chemistry. I'm not going to freak out until I don't see them progress.

That's the perspective we need. 0-1 is not a disaster. Not sending the white flag up just yet.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:19 pm

That's the perspective we need. 0-1 is not a disaster. Not sending the white flag up just yet.

HS, Pete is a master at getting Defensive talent, he is a buffoon at getting Offensive lineman. Even when we won the SB, the OL was not that great. Like BA said, we have never had a problem with Seattle's OLine. That includes the Championship year. I dream of Dolly Parton type women. RW dreams of being behind of an OL like Prescott or Rogers has. I just hope he doesnt get hurt.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:04 pm

obiken wrote:HS, Pete is a master at getting Defensive talent, he is a buffoon at getting Offensive lineman. Even when we won the SB, the OL was not that great. Like BA said, we have never had a problem with Seattle's OLine. That includes the Championship year. I dream of Dolly Parton type women. RW dreams of being behind of an OL like Prescott or Rogers has. I just hope he doesnt get hurt.

Exactly why I can't b****. O-line has been a problem since Pete arrived. We won a Super Bowl with a bad O-line. Pete doesn't seem to care. Just keeps on hoping Cable can get them operating in a somewhat effective manner by the end of the season. Doesn't seem like he ever intends to change.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Exactly why I can't b****. O-line has been a problem since Pete arrived. We won a Super Bowl with a bad O-line. Pete doesn't seem to care. Just keeps on hoping Cable can get them operating in a somewhat effective manner by the end of the season. Doesn't seem like he ever intends to change.

NO, you don't get it ASF, it was an experiment, and had it worked it would have changed the game! They have gone cheap at WR, and the OL. The problem is they went out and got junk intentionally. They Thought Cable was able to coach them up, and I think Cable was all in on it. The problem is it failed. It failed last year against the Niners. We had months get better O Linemen, and they still are stuck in the mode. Great coaches can coach great players better than the warmed over dog food that we have. I am not sold that we don't need a Bryant or Jones for RW to stretch the field with. We have been doing WR by committee since day one. I am not for that either but its worked for us by giving us a better defense. The Salary cap is like the electoral college in Politics, its a zero sum game. What you take away from one, you give to the other. You cant pay a Julio Jones without destroying, the defense we have. Its gets better ASY, we should run the table the next 4 games.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Absolutely brutal. Refs sucked for sure but I'm so sick of this offensive malaise. When is the last time Seattle jumped on someones windpipe and stayed on it? Its hard to remember many azz whoopings lately, just win or lose by the skin of their teeth. I wont hit the panic button unless they lose next week but this looks like a team that is lost on offense. Were it not for Wilson's elusiveness and running ability it would have been a shutout. Its hard to believe there isn't some resentment in the defensive squad with another strong effort wasted.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:05 pm

obiken wrote:NO, you don't get it ASF, it was an experiment, and had it worked it would have changed the game! They have gone cheap at WR, and the OL. The problem is they went out and got junk intentionally. They Thought Cable was able to coach them up, and I think Cable was all in on it. The problem is it failed. It failed last year against the Niners. We had months get better O Linemen, and they still are stuck in the mode. Great coaches can coach great players better than the warmed over dog food that we have. I am not sold that we don't need a Bryant or Jones for RW to stretch the field with. We have been doing WR by committee since day one. I am not for that either but its worked for us by giving us a better defense. The Salary cap is like the electoral college in Politics, its a zero sum game. What you take away from one, you give to the other. You cant pay a Julio Jones without destroying, the defense we have. Its gets better ASY, we should run the table the next 4 games.

I don't get it? Really I don't? The experiment seems to be ongoing. I don't agree with your assessment. Pete has tried to build a very effective O-line. We drafted Russell Okung 6th overall. We drafted Carpenter in the 1st round another year. Drafted more guys in the 2nd and 3rd round. This idea that we've been trying to turn dogcrap into something great is not true. We've been drafting fairly high for O-line quite a few years. But they haven't worked out. Injuries, lack of talent or work ethic, and seemingly predictable coaching seems to continue. All O-lines are a mix of draft picks. It seems our picks don't workout.

Don't fool yourself into thinking Pete was trying to invent the wheel. We very much have tried to draft high quality talent on the O-line and not doing very well. Not a one worth paying to stay long-term.

The only failure has been a failure by our GM, scouts, and O-line coach to pick better talent and develop it with those 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks we've used on O-line.

Sorry, obiken. I only go with facts. I've watched this team draft high pick O-line and watched them all fail for one reason or another.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:22 pm

To be fair I think we might be having a different conversation if not for the freak Fant injury. By all accounts he was vastly improved he had won the spot outright.

it is what it is....It better improve pronto...
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:33 am

Hawktawk wrote:To be fair I think we might be having a different conversation if not for the freak Fant injury. By all accounts he was vastly improved he had won the spot outright.

it is what it is....It better improve pronto...

I doubt very much that George Fant would've made much of a difference.
Maybe we woulda had 21 minutes of offense instead of 20:47, I dunno.

Regardless, it's already apparent that the OL is garbage and will continue to be. Britt and I'm hoping Pocic can have careers.
Infedi, Glow, Rees, Luke J - screw 'em.

Whatever "progress" was made during offseason was blown away in GB yesterday.

Sorry, but I'm done with Cable and Bevell. Tom's an idiot because he can't spot OL talent if it punched Him in the jaw, and Darrell is just a dip s*** who wouldn't recognize balance on a scale.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:55 am

I'm copying a comment in the Times from BD! who I think used to post in the PI Forum.
I think it might give us something to think about.

"Tom Cable made his NFL bread and butter, and his reputation, on the O Lineman chop block. He looked for players with a certain size, skill and mindset that could do that well and then coached the chop block technique as a major part of his line play. That technique was outlawed a few years ago. Tom Cable is now a mediocre to very poor O line coach.

Coincidence? "

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... S_seahawks
Comments at the bottom.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:21 am

Players on offense made a grip of blunders. On one play to Graham, Richardson was within a yard of him drawing a host of defenders into his area, that was 6 if he's where he's supposed to be. Graham dropped a big 3rd down. RW overthrew 6 points to Lockett, and by the way....Kearse caught 7 balls yesterday.

To me....I see the problem is Bevell. Same s*** year after year. Everyone has seen it, knows whats coming and easily stuff it. Why this guy is still a Seahawk coach is the most baffling thing. I'm seriously thinking about why am I even a fan. I get emotionally drained by this crap, and it doesn't even need to be this way.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:10 am

One thing to keep in mind is the Defense is always ahead of the Offense at this time of year.
Couple that with the limited practice time permitted by the CBA, and we will see problems.
League wide the Offensive performances were less than previous years, so we aren't alone.
It's cold comfort to have company in this, but things should change a little for the better.

However, I think a change is due. We are looking pretty stale with the play calling and play designs.
It's seemingly the same game plan over and over which makes it easy for the opposing Defenses to study and practice.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 pm

NorthHawk wrote:I'm copying a comment in the Times from BD! who I think used to post in the PI Forum.
I think it might give us something to think about.

"Tom Cable made his NFL bread and butter, and his reputation, on the O Lineman chop block. He looked for players with a certain size, skill and mindset that could do that well and then coached the chop block technique as a major part of his line play. That technique was outlawed a few years ago. Tom Cable is now a mediocre to very poor O line coach.

Coincidence? "

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... S_seahawks
Comments at the bottom.

May be true. At the very least, Pete needs to seriously look at changing O-line coaches. The current coaching isn't working for talent acquisition or on the field results.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum