Seahawk Offense

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Seahawk Offense

Postby Largent80 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:How can there be so much angst losing to a team we haven't beat in Green Bay in 17 years or more. Green Bay is tough at a home. Tough on both sides of the ball at home. Rating your team based on playing Green Bay at home in the first game of the season is dumb.

I'm sorry but I simply don't buy into this. The Hawks were 4-0 pre season, 2 of those were road games. Don't give me the yada about regular season either. Pete said himself he was very surprised by the way his line played and regressed when every coach thought progress was being made.

Our defense played well enough to win the game, and make no mistake, this game was very winnable. Yeah, it's the first game, but one of only 16 and to an NFC division rival that now owns any kind of tiebreaker regarding HFA in the playoffs.

This team can't afford slow starts anymore, the personnel isn't there on offense to make up for it.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Yeah and 2 guys named Anthony that absolutely drool over RW. Riiiiiight. This Anthony forgot the !, but they are one in the same.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:07 pm

burrrton wrote:
Again, it's not that we lost, nor that we lost because of our o-line- it's because we seem to be *regressing* in that regard.

That unit has been historically bad for the last few years, yet Sunday they managed to even outdo themselves.

I don't know how you can't be surprised and frustrated by them making even last year's line look like the Hogs from the late 80s.

Simple "doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result". This is what we have and it is the definition of stupidity. So why would I be surprised when we are still doing the same thing
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:10 pm

Largent80 wrote:Yeah and 2 guys named Anthony that absolutely drool over RW. Riiiiiight. This Anthony forgot the !, but they are one in the same.

Yeah okay "There are 1,178,764 people in the U.S. with the first name Anthony." so of course we have to be the same person I mean what are the odds with over 1 million people named Anthony in the US there cant be 2 LOL
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:56 pm

Largent80 wrote:Yeah and 2 guys named Anthony that absolutely drool over RW. Riiiiiight. This Anthony forgot the !, but they are one in the same.

LOL!

Why isn't Anthony hitting us with arm loads of Russell's stats this week like he usually does? Oh, wait! I know!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:01 pm

Of course, we are, we have to be because you say so LOL
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:18 am

Normally I wouldn't paste another forum in here, but for comparisons sake.....check out Anthony..

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=138625
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:28 am

Here Brock Huard brilliantly diagnoses the Hawks first play, which to me, was the wrong thing to do on your first play of the year.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/338442/br ... s-packers/

This offensive line NEEDS the hurry up offense for it to work. It's the only way to slow down d-lineman that actually have talent. Also both times the Hawks did it last Sunday, it worked.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:20 am

Anthony wrote:
1 what is .net?
2 I am 55
3 Rodgers threw the ball 15 times more than Wilson and Rw hit plenty under duress. Rodgers also missed some under duress
4 actually did not skip at all, just could not get over the Wilson as even mentioned given what I saw.
5. never mind I just looked it up you meant seahawks.net. Yeah I know about it, want nothing to do with it.
6. Ahh where are your xs and os?
7. I dont need Xs and Os I watched the game as did every expert all of which said Oline. Heck some even tweeted they dont even understand how RW gets anything done behind that oline.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/907295250837905408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.seahawks.net%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D2%26t%3D138593

Enough said that is from an expert who knows more than you and me combined

You need to pay attention - I discussed the Xs and Os aspect in an earlier post:

My comments:

"By the way, it is not just the O line. Bevell's game plans make no sense. This offense has no identity... they talk about wanting to run the ball, but don't have the personnel to do it. Eddie Lacy makes no sense in this offense. I'd rather see Mike Davis on the team. Hopefully, Rawls comes back healthy (I know, I know) and has his burst back.

We have smallish, quick wide receivers. This offense needs to feature roll outs and quick throws. 7 step drops are a death knell.

Do they ever practice screen passes? The way this line turnstiles defenders through, screens should be an easy hit.

Where was Prosise in the passing game? Swings, angle routes... nowhere to be found in Bevell's same old, tired playbook. No innovation, no refreshing....the same plays every game, every season."

----------

There is a poster with the name "Anthony!" on Seahawks.Net that is an incredibly sensitive, overly-biased Wilson apologist. It just looks awfully suspicious that your name is Anthony and you seem to want to give Wilson a pass.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:47 pm

Anthony is definitely a Wilson apologist. But I like the guy. At least he's consistent unlike some. Honestly not much to apologize for. Yeah there was the pass in 49. But the year before he directed an offense that didn't punt till late in the 3rd quarter. That in spite of poor line play and Lynch being held to 38 yards. Polian said as much on NFL network saying unger has"a big name." He wasn't impressed. When you look at 37% of pass plays facing pressure and 44% overall Sunday it's a credit to him we have done as well as we have. He's going to have to do pretty badly for a while before I'm going to bash him. Critique? Absolutely he had a C minus game. But I still have faith in Russ.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:04 pm

To me, BEVELL is the culprit for Sunday. he is a west coast guy and scripts the first 15 plays. take a look at th link I provided for a breakdown of the stuff he dialed up. He was trying to be cute again..("this will catch them off guard") NOT !!!!! Bevell.

Pete, c'mon man, what does it take to get rid of cancer?...Death?
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:08 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:
Enough said that is from an expert who knows more than you and me combined

You need to pay attention - I discussed the Xs and Os aspect in an earlier post:

My comments:

"By the way, it is not just the O line. Bevell's game plans make no sense. This offense has no identity... they talk about wanting to run the ball, but don't have the personnel to do it. Eddie Lacy makes no sense in this offense. I'd rather see Mike Davis on the team. Hopefully, Rawls comes back healthy (I know, I know) and has his burst back.

We have smallish, quick wide receivers. This offense needs to feature roll outs and quick throws. 7 step drops are a death knell.

Do they ever practice screen passes? The way this line turnstiles defenders through, screens should be an easy hit.

Where was Prosise in the passing game? Swings, angle routes... nowhere to be found in Bevell's same old, tired playbook. No innovation, no refreshing....the same plays every game, every season."

----------

There is a poster with the name "Anthony!" on Seahawks.Net that is an incredibly sensitive, overly-biased Wilson apologist. It just looks awfully suspicious that your name is Anthony and you seem to want to give Wilson a pass.[/quote]

So I will just address the last part, as I said I looked on that site and saw the person you are talking about, I actually agree I can see how you might think we are the same, but we are not as I would never be part of that site. I know too many who were and say it sucks and from what I have read I agree. FYI I am also not saying give him a pass, I am saying his culpability is next to last on the list. It's like saying you have 5 symptoms of a disease, 4 could kill you one is just a runny nose but you want to talk about a runny nose not the ones that can kill you. Makes no sense. My biggest issue with Rw right now is not ignoring Bevel and running what works.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:18 pm

Anthony wrote:So I will just address the last part, as I said I looked on that site and saw the person you are talking about, I actually agree I can see how you might think we are the same, but we are not as I would never be part of that site. I know too many who were and say it sucks and from what I have read I agree. FYI I am also not saying give him a pass, I am saying his culpability is next to last on the list. It's like saying you have 5 symptoms of a disease, 4 could kill you one is just a runny nose but you want to talk about a runny nose not the ones that can kill you. Makes no sense. My biggest issue with Rw right now is not ignoring Bevel and running what works.

Ok, we have some common ground. I, too, don't fault Wilson too much for this offense. My only point is he needs to improve, especially in the red zone.

Of course, it is hard to assess anything effectively when the man is constantly running for his life. Brian Baldinger is right, I don't know how Russ does it.

Greg
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:36 pm

Brian Baldinger is right, I don't know how Russ does it.

I was in Vegas for the game so haven't brought myself to be able to review it on Tivo yet, but that Baldinger clip looks like what I remember the entire game looking like.

I'm afraid to watch.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:
Ok, we have some common ground. I, too, don't fault Wilson too much for this offense. My only point is he needs to improve, especially in the red zone.

Of course, it is hard to assess anything effectively when the man is constantly running for his life. Brian Baldinger is right, I don't know how Russ does it.

Greg

I agree and I do think we have some common ground, and also wonder about the red zone especially wondering why when we have 2 wr 6foot 2 and better the 3 te 6 foot 5 and better we are not using them. In the red zone our small quick WRs are not going to be effective due to lack of space. BUt that is an OC/PC issue.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:12 pm

burrrton wrote:
I was in Vegas for the game so haven't brought myself to be able to review it on Tivo yet, but that Baldinger clip looks like what I remember the entire game looking like.

I'm afraid to watch.

if you do I recommend lots of alcohol, I did when I rewatched it and it helped. :D
Anthony
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum