Seahawk Offense

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Seahawk Offense

Postby Largent80 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:06 pm

As George Carlin would say.........

There are 7 dirty words.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Seahawk Offense

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:23 pm

lol.
It's already old.
We've seen this movie 50 times or more now.

20 minutes we've had the ball today. Twenty, lol.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:08 pm

Did the Offense play today?
I didn't notice.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:11 pm

Same story, always comes back to 1 main issue OLINE
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:50 am

Lacy....5 yards on 3 carries.

Graham.....3 catches for 8 yards.

RW missing wide open receivers.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:34 am

I'm not an apologist for Wilson. There were two plays (the overthrow to Lockett that would have been a TD and the fumble) where he truly messed up. The rest of the time, he attempted to make something from nothing and fared better than most QBs would have behind that line. He was not missing wide open receivers all day; he was chucking the ball out of bounds to avoid a sack. That said, I wish he would have said something like this in post game presser....."the D was solid and they deserved a better effort from the O today. I did not protect the ball well and put them in a terrible position after they shut out the Packers in the first half. We will learn and get better as a squad, but hats off to our Defense today...they played well enough to win." I think that kind of thing would go a long way with a group of studs who played 40 minutes of tough football.

Biggest disappointments for me were:
1. The o-line. Duh, right? Ifedi was actually one of the better of the five, but everyone was getting turn-styled. I have a hard time blaming too many skill players when there just were not many opportunities for much good to happen. Eddie did seem slow, though speed has not been his thing.

2. Jimmy. He was a non-factor in any part of the game including blocking. He could not block, could not create any separation, dropped what would have been a 1st down catch, headed for the sidelines when he needed another yard etc. Bevel or not, that was his worst performance as a Hawk, IMO. Maybe he needs to put that weight back on? WTF was that?

3. Every single player on the D-line went down for one thing or another. Everyone came back in, but damn. The ineptitude of the O-line does not just jeopardize the health RW and other offensive players, it jeopardizes everyone. Have I said giving away 40 minutes in TOP is not a good idea?

4. 3rd down conversions and red zone efficiency have haunted us before. We were near the bottom last year in the red zone and yesterday seemed like way too much of the same.

Bright spots:
1. Glad to see Tyler back. He seemed pretty close to the old Tyler.
2. Carson just may be the starter here pretty quick. So far, he's earned it and looks the best of the bunch.
3. P-Rich seems a legit #2. He made a few great catches.
4. RW did not get hurt.
5. D played solid. Had RW not coughed it up on the 5 yd line and had we not given 40 minutes of playing time to Aaron Rogers at home........... ahhhh, what if?
6. Bennett's post game comments were classy on all levels. Nice job.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 am

I said a couple of years ago that Lynch made the OL look better than it was and we would see how good they were when he retired.
Lacy doesn't have the first step agility that Lynch had and needs room to get rolling to be effective. Carson showed flashes of quickness
and good vision, but he still needs more room as well to be effective.

The really sad thing is if we take away 2 big plays of the pass to Baldwin and the run by Russ, we would have less than 200 yards of total Offense.
Even still, we only had around 250 yards all game long.
I think that pretty much sums up why we lost.

It was mentioned yesterday on the broadcast that the Packers Defense last year started out on fire but faded after about game 5.
It may be that they played their best game of the year against us.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:40 am

It is going to be another long, frustrating season watching inept offense.

Last year: 12 points vs Miami at home, 3 points at Los Angeles, 6 points at Arizona, 13 points at New Orleans against the worst defense in the league (the other points came from Earl's touchdown, 5 points at Tampa Bay, 10 points at Green Bay. That's 8.1 ppg in six of our 16 regular season games.

Unacceptable.

Yesterday? 9 points.... right on schedule.

By the way, it is not just the O line. Bevell's game plans make no sense. This offense has no identity... they talk about wanting to run the ball, but don't have the personnel to do it. Eddie Lacy makes no sense in this offense. I'd rather see Mike Davis on the team. Hopefully, Rawls comes back healthy (I know, I know) and has his burst back.

We have smallish, quick wide receivers. This offense needs to feature roll outs and quick throws. 7 step drops are a death knell.

Do they ever practice screen passes? The way this line turnstiles defenders through, screens should be an easy hit.

Where was Prosise in the passing game? Swings, angle routes... nowhere to be found in Bevell's same old, tired playbook. No innovation, no refreshing....the same plays every game, every season.

Why did we trade for Jimmy Graham, who is eating $10 million of our cap? What was the idea? Do they have "shiny toy" disease? The same thing happened after we traded for Percy Harvin - no idea how to utilize him within his skill set.

Wilson does not get a free pass. This is already his sixth NFL season, and he should be developing. You can't be considered an elite QB and miss that throw to Lockett yesterday. You just can't. He has a bad habit of missing wide open receivers. He used to be much better at it. The cynic in me thinks Russell is too caught up in arena plans, Trace Me app, endorsements, family life, and building his empire. I don't see the same Wilson who used to put notes in his receivers lockers and was the first guy in and last guy out of the facility.

Probably overly harsh, but something changed with #3 the last few seasons.

I don't see a lot of things to look forward to. We make Green Bay's defense look like the '85 Bears, which they are not. Just wait until we play Tennessee in a few weeks, the Rams, the Giants, the Texans, the Cardinals, the Eagles, the Jags. Everyone describing our schedule as "easy" this year was way off base.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:23 am

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:It is going to be another long, frustrating season watching inept offense.

Last year: 12 points vs Miami at home, 3 points at Los Angeles, 6 points at Arizona, 13 points at New Orleans against the worst defense in the league (the other points came from Earl's touchdown, 5 points at Tampa Bay, 10 points at Green Bay. That's 8.1 ppg in six of our 16 regular season games.

Unacceptable.

By the way, it is not just the O line. Bevell's game plans make no sense. This offense has no identity... they talk about wanting to run the ball, but don't have the personnel to do it. Eddie Lacy makes no sense in this offense. I'd rather see Mike Davis on the team. Hopefully, Rawls comes back healthy (I know, I know) and has his burst back.

We have smallish, quick wide receivers. This offense needs to feature roll outs and quick throws. 7 step drops are a death knell.

Do they ever practice screen passes? The way this line turnstiles defenders through, screens should be an easy hit.

Why did we trade for Jimmy Graham, who is eating $10 million of our cap? What was the idea? Do they have "shiny toy" disease? The same thing happened after we traded for Percy Harvin - no idea how to utilize him within his skill set.

Wilson does not get a free pass. This is already his sixth NFL season, and he should be developing. You can't be considered an elite QB and miss that throw to Lockett yesterday. You just can't. He has a bad habit of missing wide open receivers. He used to be much better at it. The cynic in me thinks Russell is too caught up in arena plans, Trace Me app, endorsements, family life, and building his empire. I don't see the same Wilson who used to put notes in his receivers lockers and was the first guy in and last guy out of the facility.

I don't see a lot of things to look forward to. We make Green Bay's defense look like the '85 Bears, which they are not. Just wait until we play Tennessee in a few weeks, the Rams, the Giants, the Texans, the Cardinals, the Eagles, the Jags. Everyone describing our schedule as "easy" this year was way off base.

I'm a fan of Any and All posts concerning the major issues that have been going on with our offense for awhile now.

"Do they ever practice screen passes? The way this line turnstiles defenders through, screens should be an easy hit".
Lol, exactly. Problem is, simple ideas Never occur to Bevell.

"This offense has no identity... they talk about wanting to run the ball, but don't have the personnel to do it. Eddie Lacy makes no sense in this offense. I'd rather see Mike Davis on the team. Hopefully, Rawls comes back healthy (I know, I know) and has his burst back".

Lacy, imo, simply lacks the hunger that matters most - a true Desire to compete to the best of his ability. Rawls, meanwhile, will lay it all on the field when healthy. Unfortunately, he's snake bit w injuries. I'd actually like to see a kid who has some desire - Carson. I also agree that Davis would be a better option over Lacy at this point. Even the team didn't believe in him - 5 carries for the entire game when we (amazingly) within one score in the 4th? No confidence.

On this note - we really need to continue the search for a franchise RB. Between health, having RB that we can't have run too much in between the tackles (Procise), and the seemingly disinterest by Lacy, we need a rook to come in and take charge. I like the early glimpses of Carson - his long run was pretty much the one 'highlight' of yesterday - but we still need to hedge our bets with the position moving forward.

"The cynic in me thinks Russell is too caught up in arena plans, Trace Me app, endorsements, family life, and building his empire. I don't see the same Wilson who used to put notes in his receivers lockers and was the first guy in and last guy out of the facility".

By my own admission, I tend to give RW a pass in most cases - and I do believe if he just had a pocket that could hold for 1.8 seconds, we'd see more production. I'm not sure how distracted he is from everything else going on in his life, but get the concern as it applies to a commitment level that may be different than what it was pre Ciara.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:28 am

In Russ's first few years we put pressure on the edges of the Defense with the read option play.
I don't recall seeing that yesterday or much last year. His injury might have put the kibosh on that, though.
I know we can't rely in that as a staple, but flashing it once in a while can help slow down the DL who will have to think a little before rushing.
Burning them once would really set that in their minds.
Beyond that, when was the last time we saw new Offensive formations? How about splitting Graham wide and pairing him with McEvoy thus creating a Twin Towers type of dilemma for the Defense in the Red Zone?
Showing a Defense something they haven't seen before by us can have a ripple effect and maybe just cause enough doubt or confusion that a WR comes wide open.
We have to make some kind of play design changes.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:55 am

NorthHawk wrote:In Russ's first few years we put pressure on the edges of the Defense with the read option play.
I don't recall seeing that yesterday or much last year. His injury might have put the kibosh on that, though.
I know we can't rely in that as a staple, but flashing it once in a while can help slow down the DL who will have to think a little before rushing.
Burning them once would really set that in their minds.
Beyond that, when was the last time we saw new Offensive formations? How about splitting Graham wide and pairing him with McEvoy thus creating a Twin Towers type of dilemma for the Defense in the Red Zone?
Showing a Defense something they haven't seen before by us can have a ripple effect and maybe just cause enough doubt or confusion that a WR comes wide open.
We have to make some kind of play design changes.

Bevell has not updated his playbook in years. Lynch made him look much better than he is.

Teams set the edge against us now, which eliminates that read option thing. Those kinds of trends (like the pistol) don't last long in the NFL; teams figure out how to adapt.

What I would like to see is designed roll outs, more involvement of the backs in the passing game, and quick throws to our smaller, speedy WRs. The 7-step drop thing makes no sense with our offensive line. With Lynch, he was such a threat that not only did we hurt teams with his running, but he opened up our play action as well. We also had Zach Miller, who was a huge asset in blocking and making possession catches.

Graham should be a WR. He is not and never will be an in-line blocker, Pete's praise notwithstanding. Willson is just another player, and Vannett continues to be a let down. Graham and Willson will be gone after this season, and I expect it will be Vannett and a draft pick next season.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Graham can't thrive in this offense. We're too low volume a passing game to use him with the same effectiveness New Orleans did.

Bevell's simple offense was helpful developing Wilson. Now it's boring and predictable without the talent to make boring and predictable shine. Marshawn made this offense work with his insane ability to pound the rock without a hole. Pete and John need to do some retooling of the coaching staff.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:45 pm

That's an excellent post IG. Bevell should have been gone right after 49 and here he is 3 years later. I don't get it. Jeremy bates was fired shortly after calling one of the best offensive games in team history in the beastquake game and this ass clown has lasted going on 7 seasons .

And unfortunately I agree a bit on Russ. To be fair on the throw to lock he was getting hit in the knees just as he was releasing the ball but it's big boy football. One can only hope for improvement . This offense is wasting a dynasty quality defense and the window is closing. Good to see you posting IG even if it's an unpleasant topic :roll:
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:58 pm

I actually mocked Kittle to us in our Hawk Shack draft contest thinking that they may go the route you suggest sooner rather than later, IG.

I disagree that RW has been distracted the past few seasons. He fell short of being elite yesterday. As it was, given the situation he was in, he had a B- day, IMHO. Had he hit Tyler and not lost the fumble...maybe the outcome of the game changes - I know the score sure would have. But I don't think that he has fallen from grace and I do believe he is special. Just like Lynch, I don't think any of you would want to see this offense w/o him. Last year was a struggle, no doubt. He was banged up to all hell and he still set the franchise record for receiving yards. To date, he is second to only Aaron Rogers in career QB rating - including yesterday. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... career.htm

I know that stats don't tell the whole story - but last year he led us to the playoffs for the 5th straight time (all while enduring a crappy line, no running game, a high ankle sprain and a sprained MCL). I really don't know what else you could ask of him outside taking half the salary he is worth to pay some o-linemen. After this one game, I'm reading that he is forever missing his targets. For all the wide-open receivers he misses, he has the highest completion percentage of any Seahawk QB in history (and more wins, and more trips to the post-season, and more SB appearances, and more pro-bowls, and a Lombardi.)

Yesterday was one game. Defenses are often times ahead of offenses at this time of the year. Last year we had no line, no running game and our star QB was twice hobbled. Of course we had some mediocre showings. I'm not happy with what I saw yesterday, but it's early, folks. RELAX
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:01 pm

Hawktawk wrote:This offense is wasting a dynasty quality defense and the window is closing. Good to see you posting IG even if it's an unpleasant topic :roll:

I agree it is great to see Greg - and I loved the HOX siting the other day. To your point above, HawkTawk - having a dynasty quality defense and paying them all has something to do with not having a dynasty quality offense. They can do better and I believe they will in short order. I hope I'm right. #gohawks
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:19 pm

I just wish some one could explain to me WHY Pete clings to Bevell ??? I know that Pete seems incapable of accepting that he can make a mistake, is it as simple as this character flaw?? If that is the case, as much as I am grateful for the SB win but that loss the next year has stuck in my craw worse than the XL debacle did. I am ready to see PC hit the bricks if he can't bring himself to FIRE Bevell.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:I just wish some one could explain to me WHY Pete clings to Bevell ??? I know that Pete seems incapable of accepting that he can make a mistake, is it as simple as this character flaw?? If that is the case, as much as I am grateful for the SB win but that loss the next year has stuck in my craw worse than the XL debacle did. I am ready to see PC hit the bricks if he can't bring himself to FIRE Bevell.

I agree but what good does it do to replace Bevell when the line cannot block. Okung got killed tonight in the 3rd Quarter and River was on his back! Okung is a good not great lineman. We have no one on his level on this offence. I am done with Lacy that was a bust, Graham is worthless. What is an OC change going to do?
obiken
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:29 pm

One game. It was a game most pundits expected us to lose. For some reason I thought our line would have performed better against an "average" defense; I forgot this is how we roll a lot of times on the road. I hated watching it more than most yesterday, but it was a VERY tough task to open on the road at Lambeau.
The oline looked awful for the most part. I think we have to roll with Reese unless there is absolutely no sign of improvement. Consistency is the key to a fully functioning oline, and we have to give it time.

I see us kicking the crap out of SF next weekend. This could be a vintage RW performance. IMO Carson, Rawls and Procise should be our backs and we should ship Lacy off to Arizona. At least "try" to get a good offensive lineman out of them if they are desperate enough.

Go HAWKS!!!
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:52 am

Anthony wrote:Same story, always comes back to 1 main issue OLINE

It's more than one main issue, Anthony. Russell stunk. Anytime a defense keeps a team under 20 points, a top tier quarterback should be able to eeek out enough points to win, especially against an average defense like the Packers. Yea, the OL sucks and our running game was non existent, but other quarterbacks have had to deal with OL issues. They call it putting their team on their shoulders and carrying them. It's not an acceptable excuse to simplify our woes by boiling it down to one particular problem.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:59 am

Anthony wrote:Same story, always comes back to 1 main issue OLINE

RiverDog wrote:It's more than one issue, Anthony. Russell stunk.

I think you're goading Anthony a bit there Dog, I only saw plays fail to succeed a couple or three times that were more attributable to Russ than his having to run for his life.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:04 am

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:Bevell has not updated his playbook in years. Lynch made him look much better than he is.

Teams set the edge against us now, which eliminates that read option thing. Those kinds of trends (like the pistol) don't last long in the NFL; teams figure out how to adapt.

What I would like to see is designed roll outs, more involvement of the backs in the passing game, and quick throws to our smaller, speedy WRs. The 7-step drop thing makes no sense with our offensive line. With Lynch, he was such a threat that not only did we hurt teams with his running, but he opened up our play action as well. We also had Zach Miller, who was a huge asset in blocking and making possession catches.

Graham should be a WR. He is not and never will be an in-line blocker, Pete's praise notwithstanding. Willson is just another player, and Vannett continues to be a let down. Graham and Willson will be gone after this season, and I expect it will be Vannett and a draft pick next season.

Which is the main reason why Kaepernick doesn't have a job.

People forget about Zach Miller's contributions. We used to keep him in to support our tackles, and he was a better pass blocker than the bookends. That's something that we don't get from Graham, which is one of the reasons why I was against the trade, at least employing him as an inline tight end. Willson isn't much of a blocker, either. Plus Zach was a nice security blanket for Russell, made some fabulous catches, but ultimately, he couldn't stay healthy.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:07 am

c_hawkbob wrote:I think you're goading Anthony a bit there Dog, I only saw plays fail to succeed a couple or three times that were more attributable to Russ than his having to run for his life.

Perhaps. But even on those occasions where he had time, he was off target. He missed Lockett on what should have been a big gainer. Gotta hit those when they're there. Rodgers was under pressure a lot, too, especially in the first half, but he managed to connect when given the opportunity. Russell did not play well.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:14 am

Appatently, Lockett was held on that long pass or that probably would have been a catch and TD.

Of course, it wasn't called...
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:28 am

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:Appatently, Lockett was held on that long pass or that probably would have been a catch and TD.

I saw it opposite field and going away from me, and it sure looked like there was a lot of green between Lockett and the defender, maybe two steps, at the time Russell let loose of the ball. If there was a hold, it didn't affect the downfield portion of Lockett's route. From what I could tell, Russell just plain overthrew it, but I haven't seen the replay.
Last edited by RiverDog on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:29 am

Largent80 wrote:Lacy....5 yards on 3 carries.

Graham.....3 catches for 8 yards.

RW missing wide open receivers.

ahh who did Rw missed that was wide open other than Lockett were he was getting hit as he was throwing it?
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:34 am

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:It is going to be another long, frustrating season watching inept offense.

Unacceptable.

Where was Prosise in the passing game? Swings, angle routes... nowhere to be found in Bevell's same old, tired playbook. No innovation, no refreshing....the same plays every game, every season.

LOL dude Rw was getting hit as he released the ball to Lockett and even that he had to release it early because of it., people really need to watch the game with eyes opened, I agree the fumble was bad, of course, if he had not had people in his face right away it does not happen, sometimes he need to just go down instead of trying to save every play, but then some of you would complain he did not try to save it. LOL As to the rest LOL whatever. I mean not the same Wilson and you know he is not putting note sin WR lockers or is the first in and out...NOT
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:38 am

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:Appatently, Lockett was held on that long pass or that probably would have been a catch and TD.

HE was but that was RWs fault he should have blocked for him too LOL
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:42 am

Anthony, I haven't seen the replays as I was at the game, but if he got hit when he release the ball and that's what affected his throw, then why did he overthrow Lockett by 5 yards? You underthrow passes when you're hit, not overthrow them.
Last edited by RiverDog on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:42 am

RiverDog wrote:It's more than one issue, Anthony. Russell stunk.

I think you're goading Anthony a bit there Dog, I only saw plays fail to succeed a couple or three times that were more attributable to Russ than his having to run for his life.[/quote]

HE is and I am ignoring him now he is foed, not worth my time

FYI All QBs including and Ridgers miss a few every game, it just for some reason a select few here thinks it is their mission to always let everyone know what RW did not do, He could complete 30 of 32 and all they would want to talk about is the 2 he missed or that he threw to the wrong guy or whatever. it's actually laughable.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:47 am

RiverDog wrote:Anthony, I haven't seen the replays as I was at the game, but if he got hit when he release the ball and that's what affected his throw, then why did he overthrow Lockett by 5 yards? You underthrow passes when you're hit, not overthrow them.

I don't agree, there is no one that could function behind this OL. To start blaming RW is a bit disingenuous. Trade OL's with GB, Dallas, or the Raiders and see how he functions. The problem is we are still good enough beat most teams just not the elite teams. It makes the Lacy drill look stupid.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:51 am

LOL dude Rw was getting hit as he released the ball to Lockett and even that he had to release it early because of it., people really need to watch the game with eyes opened, I agree the fumble was bad, of course, if he had not had people in his face right away it does not happen, sometimes he need to just go down instead of trying to save every play, but then some of you would complain he did not try to save it. LOL As to the rest LOL whatever. I mean not the same Wilson and you know he is not putting note sin WR lockers or is the first in and out...NOT

Are you the same Anthony! from .NET? I suspect you are. If so, I won't debate Wilson with you as you are incredibly overly defensive about one hint of criticism about him.

No harm, I just want to make sure you are the same poster so I save myself posts that will go in one ear and out the other.

Many of us have been watching football longer than you have been alive. We know what we are seeing. You need to bring something tangible other than just drooling on him. Let's see some substantive Xs and Os analysis.

Wilson was pressured, but elite QBs hit that throw. Rodgers was pressured like crazy and had 300 yards passing and a dime TD to Nelson.

Sorry, Wilson doesn't get exempted from scrutiny because of your fan boy obsession.

By the way, you skipped over all the other points I made that are not Wilson's fault. Don't just cherry pick.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:15 am

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:
Are you the same Anthony! from .NET? I suspect you are. If so, I won't debate Wilson with you as you are incredibly overly defensive about one hint of criticism about him.

No harm, I just want to make sure you are the same poster so I save myself posts that will go in one ear and out the other.

Many of us have been watching football longer than you have been alive. We know what we are seeing. You need to bring something tangible other than just drooling on him. Let's see some substantive Xs and Os analysis.

Wilson was pressured, but elite QBs hit that throw. Rodgers was pressured like crazy and had 300 yards passing and a dime TD to Nelson.

Sorry, Wilson doesn't get exempted from scrutiny because of your fan boy obsession.

By the way, you skipped over all the other points I made that are not Wilson's fault. Don't just cherry pick.

1 what is .net?
2 I am 55
3 Rodgers threw the ball 15 times more than Wilson and Rw hit plenty under duress. Rodgers also missed some under duress
4 actually did not skip at all, just could not get over the Wilson as even mentioned given what I saw.
5. never mind I just looked it up you meant seahawks.net. Yeah I know about it, want nothing to do with it.
6. Ahh where are your xs and os?
7. I dont need Xs and Os I watched the game as did every expert all of which said Oline. Heck some even tweeted they dont even understand how RW gets anything done behind that oline.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/907295250837905408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.seahawks.net%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D2%26t%3D138593

Enough said that is from an expert who knows more than you and me combined
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:24 am

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:Wilson was pressured, but elite QBs hit that throw. Rodgers was pressured like crazy and had 300 yards passing and a dime TD to Nelson.

I made that same point earlier. Especially in the first half, Rodgers was facing one heck of a lot of pressure. Russell has to hit that throw (the one to Lockett).
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:40 am

Anthony
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:46 am

How can there be so much angst losing to a team we haven't beat in Green Bay in 17 years or more. Green Bay is tough at a home. Tough on both sides of the ball at home. Rating your team based on playing Green Bay at home in the first game of the season is dumb.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:52 am

The cynic in me thinks Russell is too caught up in arena plans, Trace Me app, endorsements, family life, and building his empire. I don't see the same Wilson who used to put notes in his receivers lockers and was the first guy in and last guy out of the facility.

There may be more than a grain of truth in that, but I tend to think it's no coincidence that RW's production dropped the same time the o-line became a laughingstock.

Even last year, as the season wore on and the line started gelling a little (we all agree they weren't as bad at the end as the beginning, right?), our offense didn't struggle to put up points as I recall (last 9 games of the season, we only had two clunkers).

I don't know- I'm too discouraged to dwell on this right now.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:53 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:How can there be so much angst losing to a team we haven't beat in Green Bay in 17 years or more. Green Bay is tough at a home. Tough on both sides of the ball at home. Rating your team based on playing Green Bay at home in the first game of the season is dumb.

Maybe, but I don't think it's so much the loss as *how* we lost.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:14 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:How can there be so much angst losing to a team we haven't beat in Green Bay in 17 years or more. Green Bay is tough at a home. Tough on both sides of the ball at home. Rating your team based on playing Green Bay at home in the first game of the season is dumb.

For me, I did not expect us to get kept out of the end zone against the Packers, who've never had a very imposing defense. You kinda expect that type of a performance against other defenses, like the Rams, but not against the Packers. It's this "uh oh, here we go again" feeling, that we're in for a long 5-6 weeks then have to play catch up with the other teams in the conference.

The other part of it was Russell's play. As much hype as we've been treated to, with his getting in such great shape then going out and laying an egg with a 30 something QBR plus a turnover. Ugh.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:28 pm

burrrton wrote:
Maybe, but I don't think it's so much the loss as *how* we lost.

Not sure I get why anyone is surprised we lost because of our oline so whats new.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Anthony wrote:Not sure I get why anyone is surprised we lost because of our oline so whats new.

Again, it's not that we lost, nor that we lost because of our o-line- it's because we seem to be *regressing* in that regard.

That unit has been historically bad for the last few years, yet Sunday they managed to even outdo themselves.

I don't know how you can't be surprised and frustrated by them making even last year's line look like the Hogs from the late 80s.
burrrton
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum