Let's Talk About

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Let's Talk About

Postby Largent80 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:23 pm

Darrell Bevell.

Ok. So much to be said. I'll start off saying although he is the OC, everything runs through Pete. So, who is the actual OC?

Discuss.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Let's Talk About

Postby Largent80 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:47 pm

So. Our identity is supposed to be a running team. Yesterday what are our first 3 plays?

That's right, all passes, Darrell says...That will catch them off guard.

Nope. P U N T !!!!!!

So, many here are clamoring for JG to get red zone targets. He got 2 yesterday. One was a very obvious PI non call. He had 8 friggin yards on 3 receptions and 7 targets. ATROCIOUS.

Lacy....OMG....3 yards on 5 carries for a whopping 0.06 average.

Pete Carroll this morning on KIRO...."we got off to a slow start"...well no s*** Sherlock. Your teams get off to a slow start until mid-season, because you are so enamored with probably the crappiest OC in the entire NFL.

Here are the entire game stats.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400951601
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:14 pm

I will also say that Marshawn would probably still be here if it weren't for this dunderhead.

Did you see him yesterday?...OMG. He should still be a Hawk but I don't blame him. I'm actually beginning to want Pete gone because of Bevell. I LOVE Pete as our coach but I hate his loyalty to BAD coaching. (Cable, are you listening?)
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:03 pm

If we were to consider changing OC's, who would want the job when you report to your OL coach (assistant HC) or at least below him in the org chart? He's responsible for the run game, too so what freedom do you have creating your Offense?

Ant idea if any other teams have this type of arrangement and are they successful with it?
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:35 pm

I think our super bowl wad got shot 4 years ago in spite of the talent on this roster.

These guys are in denial. When you hear the he'd coach say year after year that we just are not getting off to the start we want and you make zero changes to the coaching staff, what results are you expecting???
After several years of switching player's out and getting the same results if you can't understand that it is the coaching then you need to go.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:37 pm

Seattle has wasted the prime years of its defensive talent with Bevfool/Cable at the offensive helm. This team peaked in 2014 and Bevfool wasted a Super Bowl win. He should have been terminated on February 2, 2015. The offense has regressed and I see no turnaround in sight. This team will be lucky to reach .500, most of the teams scheduled will abuse Seattle's o-line and the flaccid game plan.....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:47 pm

I agree. Tennessee and Jax are MUCH improved teams and anyone penciling a win for those games are in for a rude realization. Pete on the radio today saying we got off to a slower start than we wanted is the same exact thing he has said for the last 3 years, yet, he trots the same exact offense out. The defense can hold it's own but the OFFENSE stinks and has for years.

People predicting SB for this team had better not buy lottery tickets.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:01 pm

You are preaching to the choir when it comes to DB. It makes me sick, but In the end I blame Paul Allen because he should put his foot down with Pete and MAKE him change OC's. PA had no problem reining MH in and he has just as big an ego as does Pete. I also blame both Pete and Schneider for being cheap, cheap, cheap when it comes to the O-Line. I am sick of hearing how TC can make an Olineman out of anybody.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:38 am

I hope the scouts are watching the USC O-Line...Holy catfish those guys are good.
Largent80
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum