The Pick 6

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

The Pick 6

Postby RiverDog » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:30 am

I was at the game Sunday and didn't get a chance to see the replay of the interception and ensuing return until last evening. That penalty and ejection on Lane was horrible. The ref said that Lane threw a punch, but I damn sure didn't see any punches being thrown. Not only did we lose the TD, but we lost Lane, and Rodgers took full advantage by working that side of the field almost exclusively in avoiding Richard Sherman.

Another part of that play stuck out like a sore thumb, which was the block in the back penalty. That was such a ticky tacky call, one that zero affect on the outcome as it did not even cause the player to so much as break his stride and occurred well behind the play. But on the other hand, WTF is Avril thinking? For one thing, that was Aaron fricking Rodgers he was chasing, and you know that the refs are going to put a bubble around him. Keep your meat hooks away from him!

Although you can't point to a play that happens in the first quarter as deciding the game, that one obviously had a huge impact in what turned out to be a very low scoring affair. I'm not one that constantly complains about the officiating and uses it as an excuse for our woes, but I sure hope the league office takes a look at those two penalties called on that play. Unless something else occurred off camera, they were two horrendous calls. Let them play, for crissakes.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: The Pick 6

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:21 am

I didn't see what happened after Lane got up. He might have thrown a punch then, but there should have been at most offsetting penalties considering he was hauled down by his face mask.
I still don't see a penalty on Avril. Is attempting a block in the back but not succeeding a foul? I don't think it is.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawkfan80 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:41 pm

There was no punch. The guy on Lane grabbed his facemask and there was NO punch thrown. I rewatched it 5 times to see what went on as I recorded the game. A little forearm to the facemask that meant nothing, but no punch. Rubbing it in as it were. I saw some other calls that were about useless as well, I am a gentleman. So I will leave it alone. Overall kinda fun weekend. Except for the actual game. Even had a conversation with a Stealer fan.
Seahawkfan80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Seahawkfan80 wrote:There was no punch. The guy on Lane grabbed his facemask and there was NO punch thrown. I rewatched it 5 times to see what went on as I recorded the game. A little forearm to the facemask that meant nothing, but no punch. Rubbing it in as it were. I saw some other calls that were about useless as well, I am a gentleman. So I will leave it alone. Overall kinda fun weekend. Except for the actual game. Even had a conversation with a Stealer fan.

Were you able to watch him all the way to the bench - or at least until they separated for good?
I only saw it until Lane was on top of him, then the camera cut away so my view ended there.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:58 am

Old but Slow wrote:I never want to hear a GB fan complain about "fail Mary" again.

No kidding.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Seahawkfan80 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:05 pm

NorthHawk wrote:
Were you able to watch him all the way to the bench - or at least until they separated for good?
I only saw it until Lane was on top of him, then the camera cut away so my view ended there.

They showed it a few times on the broadcast and the last showing I got was them getting up and walking away from each other. They showed it during halftime with the crew too. I really dont know if it would have made a difference in the game as a whole as things change after a td or score as far as play calling. It also changes motivation by teams too. But the ejection changed our defensive front and how we did end up utilizing people. I guess last night, the flagfest did not show up like in our game. Maybe they were told to chill out a bit. :mrgreen:

I watched it on my new digital dvr with external hard drive. I like it. homeworx dvr and seagate drive. not an advertisement for them but just passing along information.
Seahawkfan80
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum