Snowstorm for SB? Accu Weather says it's possible

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Snowstorm for SB? Accu Weather says it's possible

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:55 am

There's a part of me hoping that this forecast comes true.

According to AccuWeather.com Meteorologist and Chief Operations Office Evan Myers, a storm system will be approaching the Northeast on Super Bowl weekend. How much it will affect the game, however, will still need to be monitored.

"The timeline is for Friday to Sunday," Myers said. "Whether or not it happens during the game or before the game, and whether or not it will come as rain or snow, is still questionable."

There's now a 30 percent chance a storm will hit compared to the 18 percent chance the weather bureau reported on Monday.

http://www.silive.com/sports/index.ssf/ ... r_sto.html
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Snowstorm for SB? Accu Weather says it's possible

Postby PasadenaHawk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:22 pm

Rain would be good!
PasadenaHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:35 pm

Snow, rain, wind, sun... it doesnt matter. The Hawks can play in anything. I liked our match-ups in XL, love them XLVIII.

Trying not to sound to picky, but as a fan attending a Super Bowl, we've certainly received the short end of the destination stick. Detroit?? WTF! Someone had to be paid dearly for that Shythole to host the big game. Now NY, great city, no question. But, with the prices of the EVERYTHING it's going to break the bank and we get the added benefit of freezing our asses off during the game. Oh well, this aint no dress rehearsal. Sorry for whining :D
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:45 pm

Hawkstar wrote:Snow, rain, wind, sun... it doesnt matter. The Hawks can play in anything. I liked our match-ups in XL, love them XLVIII.

Trying not to sound to picky, but as a fan attending a Super Bowl, we've certainly received the short end of the destination stick. Detroit?? WTF! Someone had to be paid dearly for that Shythole to host the big game. Now NY, great city, no question. But, with the prices of the EVERYTHING it's going to break the bank and we get the added benefit of freezing our asses off during the game. Oh well, this aint no dress rehearsal. Sorry for whining :D

I grew up in New York. I hope there is a blizzard and that both teams play football in the snow the way its supposed to be played.
Let's see Manning play in those conditions.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:41 pm

You know what?
I hope it's sunny and beautiful with no wind at all, so that way after we win, the Broncos fans (and Niners) won't have a thing to say.

They CANNOT stop our run game for four quarters, they just can't, at least not without completely selling out, and in the process, opening up the deep passing game in a big way. And with Harvin, we just have too many weapons for them to take that chance.

We're simply a deeper stronger, more physical, and more balanced team.
I cannot see any way they beat us. We could beat ourselves...but unless Manning plays outside of his MIND, and we lose multiple turnovers, we win this game, without a doubt.

Point is, we don't need help from the weather!
monkey
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:57 pm

monkey wrote:You know what?
I hope it's sunny and beautiful with no wind at all, so that way after we win, the Broncos fans (and Niners) won't have a thing to say.

They CANNOT stop our run game for four quarters, they just can't, at least not without completely selling out, and in the process, opening up the deep passing game in a big way. And with Harvin, we just have too many weapons for them to take that chance.

We're simply a deeper stronger, more physical, and more balanced team.
I cannot see any way they beat us. We could beat ourselves...but unless Manning plays outside of his MIND, and we lose multiple turnovers, we win this game, without a doubt.

Point is, we don't need help from the weather!

This is the post I most agree with. I never like throwing an unknown element into an equation, and like monkey, I don't want to give our critics an opportunity to make excuses for our winning. That's the one part of me that's hoping for fair weather.

But the other, more devious part of me is hoping for an unexpected 2' snowstorm to descend onto the area just before gametime. It would serve them right for allowing New York to host the SB after decades of refusing to consider northern cities.

There is a very slim chance that the weather could force a schedule change, and have it either on the preceding Saturday or the following Monday. Man, would that be a disaster for a lot of people.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:07 pm

There is a very slim chance that the weather could force a schedule change, and have it either on the preceding Saturday or the following Monday. Man, would that be a disaster for a lot of people.[/quote]

Couldnt imagine the chaos that would ensue if the game were postponed. I know I personally couldnt afford to stick around NY an additional 6 days waiting for the game and I doubt the great city of NY will comp my visit.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby monkey » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:12 pm

RiverDog wrote:
But the other, more devious part of me is hoping for an unexpected 2' snowstorm to descend onto the area just before gametime. It would serve them right for allowing New York to host the SB after decades of refusing to consider northern cities.

There is a very slim chance that the weather could force a schedule change, and have it either on the preceding Saturday or the following Monday. Man, would that be a disaster for a lot of people.

That's the part I agree with the most, it really would serve them right.
It's so hypocritical that when the topic of Seattle hosting a Superbowl gets brought up, we're always told, "sorry, you're an outdoors stadium!"
But New York? "Well...ahem... money...and..well, you know..."

It's pure BS. and everyone knows it.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:42 pm

Its part of Goody Two Shoes Goodell paying off his cronies on the east coast. And its a one and done. Even he realizes what an idiotic decision its been. As for the weather projections 10 days out they aren't worth a damn. Yesterday my local forecast was mid 40s and sunny for the next 5 days. Today it is 31 and grey and forecast to be the same for the next 3 days. And last but not least how dare Goody suggest moving the game? Hey buddy you were the one who thought it would be a good idea, now own it. The logistics of plane tickets, hotel accommodations etc would make it an even bigger disaster than playing in a blizzard.
Honestly I wish this idiot would slip on the ice and crack his coconut. Does he really make 30 million a year to be this stupid?
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Hawkstar wrote:There is a very slim chance that the weather could force a schedule change, and have it either on the preceding Saturday or the following Monday. Man, would that be a disaster for a lot of people.

Couldnt imagine the chaos that would ensue if the game were postponed. I know I personally couldnt afford to stick around NY an additional 6 days waiting for the game and I doubt the great city of NY will comp my visit.[/quote]

My understanding is that the two options they are considering are for Friday 1/31, Saturday 2/1, or Monday 2/3. I haven't heard of any consideration for a week delay.
Last edited by RiverDog on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:56 pm

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-n ... s/22327678

Looks like Clayton is siding with the Hawks.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:32 pm

Couldnt imagine the chaos that would ensue if the game were postponed. I know I personally couldnt afford to stick around NY an additional 6 days waiting for the game and I doubt the great city of NY will comp my visit.[/quote]

My understanding is that the two options they are considering are for Friday 1/31, Saturday 2/1, or Monday 2/3. I haven't heard of any consideration for a week delay.[/quote]

You're correct RD, for some reason I thought they would push back a week. If the game were moved to Friday, I'd still be hosed as Friday is a travel day.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:28 am

The main weather factor I hope to avoid is significant wind, which doesn't sound (at this point) like it's going to be a big issue.

That's the one thing that really makes a game situation of any kind as a "all bets are off" situation, though it likely would affect Denver more than us anyway.

And I hear ya, Hawkstar, on how the Seahawks have ended up in less than ideal situations when in comes to our Super Bowl appearances though, again, it may work out to benefit us after all.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:49 am

Hawkstar wrote:Couldnt imagine the chaos that would ensue if the game were postponed. I know I personally couldnt afford to stick around NY an additional 6 days waiting for the game and I doubt the great city of NY will comp my visit.

My understanding is that the two options they are considering are for Friday 1/31, Saturday 2/1, or Monday 2/3. I haven't heard of any consideration for a week delay.[/quote]

You're correct RD, for some reason I thought they would push back a week. If the game were moved to Friday, I'd still be hosed as Friday is a travel day.[/quote]

It would be an unmitigated disaster if they had to move the game to a Friday, or any other of the days under consideration. The networks would have to change programming, advertisers would get hosed, the audience numbers wouldn't be half of what they would be in the scheduled time slot, tens of thousands of fans that spent huge sums of money on what is a once in a lifetime event for many would be out thousands of dollars in airline and hotel costs that they wouldn't be able to get reimbursed for. I could see class action lawsuits filed against the NFL for scheduling the game in New Jersey to begin with then changing the date at the last minute. God, what a mess.

If it wasn't for good people like yourself ending up holding onto the s*** end of the stick and if it didn't affect our chances of winning, I'd love to see the worst case scenario, monster snow storm hit beginning on Friday and lasting through Monday and for the league to lose a couple of billion. It would serve them right.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:02 am

Well I have Friday the 31st as a regularly scheduled day off and have taken vacation days for Monday the 3rd and Tuesday the 4th, so I'm cool with whatever happens!

(Actually Monday would be better 'cause my honey has the day off and could fetch me beers and make me little sammiches an' such) ;)
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum