The AFC

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

The AFC

Postby wait_a_sec » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:00 am

Any potential SB opponent scaring you at this point? Patriots are missing Gronk. Denver showing they are less than perfect. Was thinking Bengals would step forward in a big way this week. Looked terrible in prime time against the Steelers.
wait_a_sec
Legacy

Re: The AFC

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:18 am

We're still 6 weeks away, and there's several big games coming up, starting this weekend with the red hot Cards.

But it doesn't hurt for us fans to get ahead of ourselves. If you would have asked me 24 hours earlier, I would have said the Bengals. We've struggled against really good defensive teams on the road, barely beating the Panthers and getting beat by the Niners. The other team I'd be concerned about would be the Broncos. Any team Peyton Manning plays for has to be feared.

But I don't think it's going to matter very much. If we bring our 'A' game, it won't make any difference who our opponent is. Same thing if we don't bring our 'A' game. Any team that's good enough to get to the SB is good enough to beat us if we're not playing at our peak.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:40 pm

wait_a_sec wrote:Any potential SB opponent scaring you at this point? Patriots are missing Gronk. Denver showing they are less than perfect. Was thinking Bengals would step forward in a big way this week. Looked terrible in prime time against the Steelers.

AFC continues to be a force to be reckoned with.
As long as the zebras don't get too carried away, the NFC aka Seahawks should do just fine.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:15 pm

Well if I had to pick one it would have to be the Colts. Reason being they beat us. They hands down beat us. Sometimes regardless of records certain teams can match up good against a team. However I doubt they make it to the SB, but if they did that would be a team to worry about.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:30 pm

The only way the Bengals could win a SB is if they were the host city this year. They're a good home team, but travel terribly, and got embarrassed last night by the Steelers. They just don't have any kind of mojo to pull off a championship.

Same with the Colts. They beat up Houston yesterday, but have struggled big time vs stiffer competition, been blown out unexpectedly several times, and really peaked with their win against us a couple months ago.

I don't know what to make of the AFC, really, other than it's the weakest it's been since '96, last year's Ravens' SB win notwithstanding.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:36 pm

RiverDog wrote:We're still 6 weeks away, and there's several big games coming up, starting this weekend with the red hot Cards.

But it doesn't hurt for us fans to get ahead of ourselves. If you would have asked me 24 hours earlier, I would have said the Bengals. We've struggled against really good defensive teams on the road, barely beating the Panthers and getting beat by the Niners. The other team I'd be concerned about would be the Broncos. Any team Peyton Manning plays for has to be feared.

But I don't think it's going to matter very much. If we bring our 'A' game, it won't make any difference who our opponent is. Same thing if we don't bring our 'A' game. Any team that's good enough to get to the SB is good enough to beat us if we're not playing at our peak.

The Cards won't be so hot with out Fitz who suffered a concussion Sunday.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:11 pm

4XPIPS wrote:Well if I had to pick one it would have to be the Colts. Reason being they beat us. They hands down beat us. Sometimes regardless of records certain teams can match up good against a team. However I doubt they make it to the SB, but if they did that would be a team to worry about.

They beat us when we were missing:

Percy Harvin
Zack Miller
Russel Okung
Max Unger
Breno Guacamole(it's what I call him)
Mike Rob(was still recovering from being sick)

That's 6 starters. Over 50% of our starting Offense was missing, not to mention them blocking a FG AND returning it for a TD.

They are a good team but with our O back I wouldn't be too worried.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum