Glad the dancing M. Lynch is gone

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Glad the dancing M. Lynch is gone

Postby trents » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:58 am

Did you see this?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2074 ... -york-jets

Personally, I'm glad he's doing that as a Raider and not a Hawk. He was a head trip that Carroll pandered to far too often. And that's something else that irks me, Carroll's making excuses for players who behave in spoiled, self-centered, out of control ways that hurt team moral. Sherman's on my list for that, too.
trents
Legacy

Re: Glad the dancing M. Lynch is gone

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:43 am

No idea what the problem could be with that, he's having fun and the team and fans love it. Wish he was still a Seahawk.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Feez » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:51 am

he is having fun and at times yesterday I for sure wished he was back. that being said I do think it is a matter of time before the Marshawn show gets into full swing in Oakland, the Hawks did put up with a lot more from him than Buffalo did or most teams would. the difference now though is he has the reputation of being who he is where as he didn't really have that in Buffalo yet. I do think before the season is over though there will be tension between him and the coaching staff in Oakland. the "I'm only here so I don't get fined" Lynch will return at some point and how Oakland handles that remains to be seen. for now the guy is living a childhood dream and I can't be mad at him for wanting that
Feez
Legacy

Postby trents » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:08 am

c_hawkbob wrote:No idea what the problem could be with that, he's having fun and the team and fans love it. Wish he was still a Seahawk.

The problem with it is that it draws attention to himself. Do you remember all those time when he was at Seattle that he decided not to start the game. He would go in only when he was good and ready, when he felt like it. He was in control, not the coaching staff.
trents
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:25 am

*That*... bugged somebody??

C'mon.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby trents » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:45 am

I'm just an old school conservative type of guy who believes that football is a team sport and that showboating has no place. If Lynch wants to audition for Dancing with the Stars let him do it somewhere besides the sidelines during a game. His dance just reminded me of the self-centered behavior he exhibited while playing in Seattle.
trents
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:03 am

I see the point trents but you're whistling in the graveyard. We haven't had a reliable run game since he got injured early in the 2015 season save for the flash in the pan that was Rawls leading the Hawks to push Beast out the door. He's a HOF back who set a tone. Bizarre yes but the best back in team history. I liked the looks of Carson so we shall see.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby trents » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:33 am

We've seen it over and over down through the years with out of control showboating self-centered head trip players with loads of talent who provide a spark to a team on the short run but whose attitudes and behaviors lead to long term morale problems and team degradation. Terrell Owens, Dez Bryant, Randy Moss, Ndamukong Suh, that split end dude with the Bengals a few years ago who kept changing his name, etc. When you ignore character issues in order to keep talent it will come back to bite you. If it takes those kind of athletes to have short terms success and long term failure I'll pass. We don't see those issues with teams like New England and Greenbay, do we? And though they may have a down year once in a while they are consistently in the playoffs.
trents
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:38 am

Everyone knows who Lynch is by now and it comes with the territory.
The thing that we have to separate is how good a teammate he is and if he's a disruption.
To date, I've only heard he's really liked in the locker room and is accepted for his quirks.
It helps that he has a lot of ability, too but if the others respect him then his dancing or not talking doesn't really matter to the rest of the team.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:29 am

I'm normally not a big fan of this kind of stuff, but in this case I Clearly think it had as much to do with ML's inaugural home game as a Raider as much as anything else.

It was not directed at the Jets or any kind of poor sportsmanship. It was a hometown hero and native giving back to the fans in a way that is seldom seen by someone of his nature. I liked it. No disrespect to anyone who feels differently, but I don't know if I've ever seen as much fan participation than from a dancing Beast.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby trents » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:49 am

NorthHawk wrote:Everyone knows who Lynch is by now and it comes with the territory.
The thing that we have to separate is how good a teammate he is and if he's a disruption.
To date, I've only heard he's really liked in the locker room and is accepted for his quirks.
It helps that he has a lot of ability, too but if the others respect him then his dancing or not talking doesn't really matter to the rest of the team.

Good point.
trents
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:08 pm

I love me some #24 and still proudly wear his jersey.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:35 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:No idea what the problem could be with that, he's having fun and the team and fans love it. Wish he was still a Seahawk.

Agreed.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:41 pm

I am a tweener on this, Marshy could go over the top at times but he was in my top 5 of all times of Running backs that could run over people. Earl Campbell being #1. Would I like to have him back in his prime? You have to be joking.
obiken
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum