Some love for P Rich

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Some love for P Rich

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:12 am

P Rich takes a lot of heat for his fragility (understandably). It's only fair we give him credit when it is due.

Dude played yesterday (and made the winning TD catch) after a dislocated/compound fracture of his finger. Kudos.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Re: Some love for P Rich

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:28 am

No kidding.
There's no question about his toughness when he had bone sticking through the skin and went back in and didn't miss a beat.
It might be a lot worse this week, though as the healing process begins so I doubt he will be playing for a couple of weeks or more.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:34 am

Great grab in end zone to get us win.
I've always like P Rich but, yea, he has to find away from getting snake bit w injuries.

He's a dynamic play maker.
Just has to stay healthy.

And...dare I say it...I thought it was a reasonably called game by Bevell, unless RW was given more free reign to audible. The return of the read option was refreshing, and hopefully may remind Darrell that it's still an effective weapon. Wilson had some beautiful fakes to RB's out of the backfield.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Losing P Rich in the Carolina game in the divisional in 2014 was one key to losing the SB and nearly getting beat by GB. He and Russ had developed a rapport and he was getting more balls all the time. He's fearless with his body launching into the air and laying out on the turf to catch the ball. His play in the Detroit playoff game one handing a ball around the defender while twisting the guys head backwards by the face mask with the other hand is one of the most amazing jobs of multitasking I've ever seen from a receiver. I believe it was 4th down as well. I wish him well obviously. Ill really be impressed if he suits up next weekend. We need him bad with all the stone hands on the corps so far.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby trents » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:37 pm

Wonderful athlete. It would help with the injuries if he would thicken up a bit.
trents
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:43 pm

I have been very supportive and vocal about how I liked PRich. That said, yesterday was the first time I started questioning my support for him. Not because he got hurt or any of that, but because I saw him standing around way to much and not looking for a block when the RB was in his area. I'd like to see him block a bit more when we run the ball. I think that is why Kearse got so many more starts than PRich and why they took so long to get rid of Kearse. He finds blocks all the time.

Very happy that he made the TD catch.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:00 pm

The rap on him coming out of college was that he could make the spectacular play but not the lunch bucket play, in other words, takes plays off, drops easy passes, etc, but I haven't seen it. He's one of the big reasons why we felt that we could dispense with Jermaine Kearse and bring in Sheldon Richardson.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum