Friday Injury Report

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Friday Injury Report

Postby Largent80 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:57 am

I will update this daily as reports come in.

Drafted fifth overall to become a future #1 target for Marcus Mariota, Tennessee Titans rookie wide receiver Corey Davis has already been ruled out for Sunday’s matchup against the Seattle Seahawks. In last Sunday’s win over Jacksonville, Davis re-aggravated a hamstring problem that had previously kept him out of preseason play. The former Western Michigan star did appear in Tennessee’s season opener, catching 6 passes for 69 yards against the Raiders.

Tennessee is expected to have Eric Decker and Rishard Matthews as the starting receiving duo, and third-round rookie Taywan Taylor is in line for some more playing time with Davis out.

Titans running back DeMarco Murray is also battling a hamstring injury, but it looks like he’s in position to play this weekend. One thing that’s been noticeable about Tennessee’s running game is that Murray has been far less effective than Derrick Henry, who rushed for 92 yards and a touchdown against the Jaguars. Murray has just 69 yards on 21 carries, whereas Henry has 117 yards on 20 rushes.

On the Seahawks side, Pete Carroll mentioned that Jimmy Graham (ankle) wants to play on Sunday, but he was held out of Wednesday’s practice. I have a feeling he’ll be a game-time decision. Elsewhere, Neiko Thorpe (ankle) was thought to have had a serious injury when he was carted off during the team’s win over the 49ers, but the special teams standout does have a chance to make it back for the Titans game. WR Paul Richardson broke his ring finger, then came back to catch the winning touchdown against San Francisco, and it looks as if he’s on track to play. Lastly, linebacker Terence Garvin could make his return this weekend, having missed last weekend with a shoulder problem. If he’s a no-go, then Michael Wilhoite will get the start again.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/9/20/16 ... orey-davis

http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries
Last edited by Largent80 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Wednesday Injury Report

Postby idhawkman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:28 am

Largent80 wrote:I will update this daily as reports come in.

Drafted fifth overall to become a future #1 target for Marcus Mariota, Tennessee Titans rookie wide receiver Corey Davis has already been ruled out for Sunday’s matchup against the Seattle Seahawks. In last Sunday’s win over Jacksonville, Davis re-aggravated a hamstring problem that had previously kept him out of preseason play. The former Western Michigan star did appear in Tennessee’s season opener, catching 6 passes for 69 yards against the Raiders.

Tennessee is expected to have Eric Decker and Rishard Matthews as the starting receiving duo, and third-round rookie Taywan Taylor is in line for some more playing time with Davis out.

Titans running back DeMarco Murray is also battling a hamstring injury, but it looks like he’s in position to play this weekend. One thing that’s been noticeable about Tennessee’s running game is that Murray has been far less effective than Derrick Henry, who rushed for 92 yards and a touchdown against the Jaguars. Murray has just 69 yards on 21 carries, whereas Henry has 117 yards on 20 rushes.

On the Seahawks side, Pete Carroll mentioned that Jimmy Graham (ankle) wants to play on Sunday, but he was held out of Wednesday’s practice. I have a feeling he’ll be a game-time decision. Elsewhere, Neiko Thorpe (ankle) was thought to have had a serious injury when he was carted off during the team’s win over the 49ers, but the special teams standout does have a chance to make it back for the Titans game. WR Paul Richardson broke his ring finger, then came back to catch the winning touchdown against San Francisco, and it looks as if he’s on track to play. Lastly, linebacker Terence Garvin could make his return this weekend, having missed last weekend with a shoulder problem. If he’s a no-go, then Michael Wilhoite will get the start again.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/9/20/16 ... orey-davis

Unfortunately, that injury too came on an under thrown pass by RW. I have no idea why he under throws the receivers like this when he has time to throw. To be fair, I think the ball must have slipped out of his hand on that throw because he had plenty of time to throw it.

So now we've had Jimmy Graham, Tyler Lockett and Paul Richardson injured on under throws. I hope the list stops there.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:22 am

Underthrows are often a result of aiming and not just letting it go. It might come as a result of each catch being more important than normal because of the lack of production as a whole.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:38 am

RW does NOT play well in the rain, he's had his worst games (when not injured) in wet weather. Same goes for those dropped balls. I think those catches are made on a clear day.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:59 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Underthrows are often a result of aiming and not just letting it go. It might come as a result of each catch being more important than normal because of the lack of production as a whole.

JG's underthrow was 2 years ago, Lockett's was last year and now he's done it again this year. How long has he been aiming and not throwing? Ever since the SB loss or GB NFCCG?
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Largent80 wrote:RW does NOT play well in the rain, he's had his worst games (when not injured) in wet weather. Same goes for those dropped balls. I think those catches are made on a clear day.

That's bad news for us then. He does know that it "IS" Seattle, right and that this is not the King Dome, right?
idhawkman
Legacy

Re: Wednesday Injury Report (Updated)

Postby Largent80 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:20 am

Updated to show Thursdays practice.

Largent80
Legacy

Re: Friday Injury Report

Postby Largent80 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:18 pm

Largent80
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:32 am

I'm no expert on RW's underthrows, but I do know that an underthrow can also be the result of too deep of a route. Often it's pretty hard to know which is which.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:39 am

FolkCrusader wrote:I'm no expert on RW's underthrows, but I do know that an underthrow can also be the result of too deep of a route. Often it's pretty hard to know which is which.

I'm no expert either but think about Graham, Lockett and PRich's routes when they broke something and try to see if that was the result of a "too deep" route.
idhawkman
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum