Hawks 2014 Schedule

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Hawks 2014 Schedule

Postby phill206 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:42 pm

I know we probably shouldn't be looking ahead to [i]next[i] season quite yet, but I just came across the home and away games, and there are some real nice games.... especially at home.

Home: Denver(!), SF, AZ, GB, Dallas, STL, NYG, and Oakland(!)
Away: SF, Carolina, KC, AZ, Philly, SD, STL, and Washington
phill206
Legacy

Re: Hawks 2014 Schedule

Postby Hawkstar » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:48 pm

Seems odd to visit Carolina again.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:09 pm

Even though next year is the four-year-roll-around in which the NFC West teams play the NFC East teams it definitely appears that the NFL is trying to forge a rivalry between the Hawks and the Cowpukes.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:13 pm

rottweiler wrote:Even though next year is the four-year-roll-around in which the NFC West teams play the NFC East teams it definitely appears that the NFL is trying to forge a rivalry between the Hawks and the Cowpukes.

We play all of the NFC East. (As well as the AFC West.)
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:03 pm

Hawkstar wrote:Seems odd to visit Carolina again.

Yup. It will mark the third year in a row that we will have traveled to Carolina. I wonder what the odds are of that happening.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Venice_Hawk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:39 pm

I'm stoked! I will finally be able to take my 12 year old son to a Seahawks game!
We will make the 2 hour trip to San Diego. (with my twin brother, a Charger fan)
Venice_Hawk
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:57 pm

FolkCrusader wrote:
rottweiler wrote:Even though next year is the four-year-roll-around in which the NFC West teams play the NFC East teams it definitely appears that the NFL is trying to forge a rivalry between the Hawks and the Cowpukes.

We play all of the NFC East.

Which is what I just said, sport.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:13 pm

Well at least there is no Vikings game on the slate, I swear it was like 6 out of 8 years after the Hutch fiasco... not sure why the NFL does that with the "at large" bids but it seems to be a trend... ( always wondered why the Seahawks didn't work into the switch one game of those "at larges" didn't become an old AFC west rival, one game a year of a "mix" of a division the were in for 30 years, as opposed to pulling out the same team year after year, after year. I know logistics, but come in man, I don't want to see Minnesota, Dallas or Carolina for half a decade stretch every season). Just saying...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:25 pm

There are no "at large" bids HC.

6 Games = Division opponents
4 Games = Rotating NFC division
4 games = Rotating AFC division
2 games = Conference opponent(s) that finished the same position as your team that you are not already playing. ie We are playing the NFC East so Philly the first place finisher we play. That leaves Carolina and Green Bay as NFC first place finishers, which we play as these last two selections.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:26 pm

rottweiler wrote:
FolkCrusader wrote:

We play all of the NFC East.

Which is what I just said, sport.

So how exactly could the NFL be trying to forge a rivaly with a game that is scheduled to be played every 4 years?
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:34 pm

FolkCrusader wrote:There are no "at large" bids HC.

2 games = Conference opponent(s) that finished the same position as your team that you are not already playing. ie We are playing the NFC East so Philly the first place finisher we play. That leaves Carolina and Green Bay as NFC first place finishers, which we play as these last two selections.

My mistake, I thought the last two games would be an "at large" game, meaning any team that finished in the same position as the Seahawks, didn't realise it had to be from the same conference... I apologise...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:33 am

HumanCockroach wrote:
FolkCrusader wrote:There are no "at large" bids HC.

My mistake, I thought the last two games would be an "at large" game, meaning any team that finished in the same position as the Seahawks, didn't realise it had to be from the same conference... I apologise...

Nothing to apologize about ;) That's actually an interesting idea.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:17 am

Venice_Hawk wrote:I'm stoked! I will finally be able to take my 12 year old son to a Seahawks game!
We will make the 2 hour trip to San Diego. (with my twin brother, a Charger fan)

There's a chance I could be going to the San Diego game, too. I want to go to at least one, and perhaps two, road games next season, with one of them probably being the Arizona game. I won't know until the dates are released in April.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:16 am

I have a feeling the league will schedule the first game against the Niners in their new stadium. Would be fun to beat them there first game of the season.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:21 am

Uppercut wrote:I have a feeling the league will schedule the first game against the Niners in their new stadium. Would be fun to beat them there first game of the season.

The super bowl winner traditionally gets a home game, week one ;)
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:47 am

FolkCrusader wrote:
Uppercut wrote:I have a feeling the league will schedule the first game against the Niners in their new stadium. Would be fun to beat them there first game of the season.

The super bowl winner traditionally gets a home game, week one ;)

Yea, over the past few years, they've tried to start a tradition of creating a marquee matchup on Thursday night and start off the season with the defending champs hosting a top team from the prior season to open the year. Baltimore would have hosted it last season but they couldn't work out the logistics with their baseball counterparts.

If we win XLVIII, I could see us hosting a SB rematch with the Broncos or an NFCCG rematch with the Niners on Thursday night 9/4. The Mariners are out of town that week so there wouldn't be a conflict with them on the Thursday the game would be played.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:48 am

FolkCrusader wrote:We play all of the NFC East.

rottweiler wrote:Which is what I just said, sport.

FolkCrusader wrote:So how exactly could the NFL be trying to forge a rivaly with a game that is scheduled to be played every 4 years?

In the 2014 season and not counting playoff games, the Seahawks will have played the Cowpukes five times since 2008 — more than any other team in the NFC East, in line with the NFL's intra-conference-roll-around of play which occurs every four years.

The only other NFC East team which comes close to that — which has played the Hawks more than the others in that division — is the Giants, whom the Hawks just beat in 2013.

The Hawks have played the G-Men three times since 2008.

Yes, I think there clearly is something noteworthy about that stat.
Last edited by rottweiler on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby PasadenaHawk » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:09 am

RiverDog wrote:
Venice_Hawk wrote:I'm stoked! I will finally be able to take my 12 year old son to a Seahawks game!

There's a chance I could be going to the San Diego game, too. I want to go to at least one, and perhaps two, road games next season, with one of them probably being the Arizona game. I won't know until the dates are released in April.

I'll be at the SD and Arizona game's for sure. Probably the SF game too. Maybe I will meet one of you guys in person finally.
PasadenaHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum