Titans game prediction thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Titans game prediction thread

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:54 am

I'd like to start getting these going in here. Let me know your score, and give reasons why. "BEVELL SUX" is not a reason why. :D

Lots of smart football minds in here, speak your piece.

Factors:
- Warm weather (could get near 90)
- Grass field (I don't know "why", but our record on grass fields the last 3-4 years is yucky)
- Long road trip
- Seahawks scattershot offense
- Seahawks terrible offensive line vs Orakpo, Morgan, Casey
- Mariota scrambling ability
- Delanie Walker. Remember him? I think he is going to be a major factor for Tennessee tomorrow.
- Frustrating conversions on 3rd down by Tennessee
- Titans will pressurize Wilson and make him see ghosts, his (somewhat) new bad habit.
- Seahawks defense will wear down in second half and will be hung out to dry with time of possession

TITANS 19, SEAHAWKS 9

Post-game:

Positive, bubblegum Pete will once again be effusive in his praise for his team and will say they are on the right track and improving.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Re: Titans game prediction thread

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:17 pm

Seahawks 23 Titans 17

Reasons:
Defense is still great.
Intense pressure on the offense to perform.
Russell Wilson wants to show improvement and will be very focused.
Pressure on the receivers to perform after the drops.
Bevell will call a good game to make the offense look good.
The run game will be more focused as a clear RB starter is starting to emerge.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:52 pm

We've always had trouble with mobile quarterbacks, so I think that the Titans find the end zone at least a couple of times. Our offense is as bad of a Seahawk offense that we've had since the early 90's. We went 7.5 quarters before we scored our first touchdown of the year, and I think the O gets kept out of the end zone tomorrow.

The wild card is our running game. It looked a lot better last weekend, particularly in the 2nd half. Chris Carson looks like Thomas Rawls did two years ago. But this is a road game, and we are not the road warriors we were several years ago.

Titans 23, Seahawks 13.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:02 pm

EDIT
Titans 16
Seahawks 3 (After energy spent on 2 hour anthem meeting, the cadaverous offense can only muster a field goal)

Summary:
Seattle's defense is still strong early in the season. The offensive corpse, however, is rotting and past due for burial or cremation....
Last edited by curmudgeon on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:11 pm

I don't see the Hawks dropping TD's in this game, and if they hadn't last week the talk of a bad offense is over in spite of the O-Line. Another defensive TD was called back. Thats 21 points there.

Actually after re-watching the game, there were MANY plays where RW had time to throw. Hopefully the Dick LeBeau blitzes won't work Sunday.

The Hawks stuffed SF's run game save for 1 play. Tenn. needs to run to win. I don't see Henry doing squat vs. this D. They do have a decent O-Line however because they stunk themselves into the low first round more than once and were lucky enough to have a decent lineman available in those spots (11 and 8).

Tenn pass defense isn't all that, and I think we can beat them. They are #22 in total defense out of 32 teams.
Last edited by Largent80 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:30 pm

24-21 Seahawks, cause I ain't driving down there to see us lose!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:07 pm

Seahawks, 15-10.
When you least expect it, we get the road win.

Early momentum is Everything. A (gasp) 1st quarter TD would go a Long way for confidence.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:54 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:24-21 Seahawks, cause I ain't driving down there to see us lose!

We went to the last game the Hawks played in Nashville in 2005...
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:57 pm

You have a mobile QB, and he is a former Duck! You have our OL that is dog food, so it all equals 20-17 Seattle, I hope.
obiken
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:20 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:24-21 Seahawks, cause I ain't driving down there to see us lose!

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:We went to the last game the Hawks played in Nashville in 2005...

Yes we did! You, me and 3 1/2 ... great memories still :)
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:35 pm

So far I have been fairly accurate in first two games so at the sake of blowing it:

Titans get up 10-0 earlier as Sea O gets awake

10-3 at half

13-6 end of third

O start to find itself in Q-4 and makes it 13-13, D gets a pick 6 late

Sea 20
Titans 13
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:36 am

Seahawks 16-9 Titans.

Reasons? I'm an empath not a scientist.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:00 am

Tenn is going to blitz, like a LOT. So how do you beat that?...simple dink and dunk, it aint sexy but winning on the road early in the season would be a good recipe for the Hawks going forward.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:47 am

Largent80 wrote:Tenn is going to blitz, like a LOT. So how do you beat that?...simple dink and dunk, it aint sexy but winning on the road early in the season would be a good recipe for the Hawks going forward.

Yep
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:26 pm

The Hawks are going to lose because our offense SUKS! Oh, and yes, BEVELL SUX!!!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:33 pm

Blame this on the defense. At least we know Russell is back and bad ass as ever! I can't believe how much our defense got destroyed. Not the offens's or even Bevell's fault.

Reminds me a lot of the Atlanta game. Ok kind of
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby schleeb » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:58 pm

Game is over... Hawks lost. I hate to be a party pooper but this is way too Deja Vu for me. This is the same, perhaps worse... team than last year. For me it is obvious where the problem lies and that is with Russell Wilson. With his contract, he sucked up every dollar available. He didn't care who was about to be lost due to not having money for other players. He's a good quarterback but he is only as good as his offensive line, which should be painfully obvious. Is he a GREAT quarterback.. No, not by any stretch. The reason Tom Brady is a great quarterback, is that he isn't stupid enough to drain every dollar from a team at the expense of having other good players playing with him. If you've ever wondered why Tom Brady isn't even close to the highest paid quarterback in the NFL.. this is the reason. He could ask for the moon and he could get it, but he knows better. I'll give you a prediction.... actually a couple of them. The Seahawks will not make the playoffs this year unless some drastic changes take place (there won't be). Wilson will not be with the Seahawks after his contract runs out and Pete will be right behind him. In fact, I'll bet he won't even sign with another team. He's got far bigger plans than football. You could see the handwriting on the wall when they signed him to a long term, multizillion dollar, guaranteed contract. When they were negotiating, he told them he was going with whoever pays him the most money. He wasn't lying... he bailed from his original college team to go to Wisconsin to play. He has no loyalty other than to himself and $$$. You can bookmark this post and read it again in about 3 or 4 years in case you look back and wonder what went wrong with the Seahawks.
schleeb
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:14 pm

schleeb wrote:Game is over... Hawks lost. I hate to be a party pooper but this is way too Deja Vu for me. This is the same, perhaps worse... team than last year. For me it is obvious where the problem lies and that is with Russell Wilson. With his contract, he sucked up every dollar available. He didn't care who was about to be lost due to not having money for other players. He's a good quarterback but he is only as good as his offensive line, which should be painfully obvious. Is he a GREAT quarterback.. No, not by any stretch. The reason Tom Brady is a great quarterback, is that he isn't stupid enough to drain every dollar from a team at the expense of having other good players playing with him. If you've ever wondered why Tom Brady isn't even close to the highest paid quarterback in the NFL.. this is the reason. He could ask for the moon and he could get it, but he knows better. I'll give you a prediction.... actually a couple of them. The Seahawks will not make the playoffs this year unless some drastic changes take place (there won't be). Wilson will not be with the Seahawks after his contract runs out and Pete will be right behind him. In fact, I'll bet he won't even sign with another team. He's got far bigger plans than football. You could see the handwriting on the wall when they signed him to a long term, multizillion dollar, guaranteed contract. When they were negotiating, he told them he was going with whoever pays him the most money. He wasn't lying... he bailed from his original college team to go to Wisconsin to play. He has no loyalty other than to himself and $$$. You can bookmark this post and read it again in about 3 or 4 years in case you look back and wonder what went wrong with the Seahawks.

Wrong, mostly. They had 200 yards rushing, we had 69. Come on lets not take the cheap way out and blame RW. He is a Franchise QB. Brady makes a boatload off endorsements, so he can afford it. Moreover, he has a tough coach that molds people. Pete pulls the talent out of players, BB squeezes it out of them. We got 4 years of RW cheap as nails at a mom and pop hardware store. Put RW out on the open market and see how much he would get . Pete has had 4 years to draft and find better OLineman, he is to blame, no one else.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:22 pm

Rocket Man is coming for us. We might not have another game, which will save us all.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:57 pm

obiken wrote:You have a mobile QB, and he is a former Duck! You have our OL that is dog food, so it all equals 20-17 Seattle, I hope.

Was I wrong or what!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:I'd like to start getting these going in here. Let me know your score, and give reasons why. "BEVELL SUX" is not a reason why. :D

Lots of smart football minds in here, speak your piece.

Factors:
- Warm weather (could get near 90)
- Grass field (I don't know "why", but our record on grass fields the last 3-4 years is yucky)
- Long road trip
- Seahawks scattershot offense
- Seahawks terrible offensive line vs Orakpo, Morgan, Casey
- Mariota scrambling ability
- Delanie Walker. Remember him? I think he is going to be a major factor for Tennessee tomorrow.
- Frustrating conversions on 3rd down by Tennessee
- Titans will pressurize Wilson and make him see ghosts, his (somewhat) new bad habit.
- Seahawks defense will wear down in second half and will be hung out to dry with time of possession

TITANS 19, SEAHAWKS 9

Post-game:

Positive, bubblegum Pete will once again be effusive in his praise for his team and will say they are on the right track and improving.

Did I nail it or what (other than score)?
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:49 pm

X
Last edited by Hawk Sista on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:01 pm

All due respect, IG... outside of the heat, & the D (who only allowed 3 pts. in the 4th) wearing down...no. You didn’t nail it.

Walker was just ok.

Grass had zero to do w/ the loss.

Pete was very disappointed. No gum snapping excuse making positivity.

Mariota was a good scrambler. RW better all the way round.

1st downs were as bad as 3rd for our D.

O-line is the o-line - there is nothing magical to call there except they actually looked better this game...from the /2 way point of the 2nd Q to the end.

Wilson was able overcome the pressure/ghosts. He wasn’t perfect, but better than most under the circumstances.

Hawks scored 19 points more than you said. D allowed 24 unanswered points in the 2nd and 3rd Q’s
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:50 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:All due respect, IG... outside of the heat, & the D (who only allowed 3 pts. in the 4th) wearing down...no. You didn’t nail it.

Walker was just ok.

Grass had zero to do w/ the loss.

Pete was very disappointed. No gum snapping excuse making positivity.

Mariota was a good scrambler. RW better all the way round.

1st downs were as bad as 3rd for our D.

O-line is the o-line - there is nothing magical to call there except they actually looked better this game...from the /2 way point of the 2nd Q to the end.

Wilson was able overcome the pressure/ghosts. He wasn’t perfect, but better than most under the circumstances.

Hawks scored 19 points more than you said. D allowed 24 unanswered points in the 2nd and 3rd Q’s

You kinda missed the tongue-in-cheek aspect of my post, but that's ok. :D

I said "other than the score". By the way, picked they would lose by 10 and they lost by 6. Pretty close in an NFL game.

I said we sucked on grass. We sucked on grass today. FACTOR, as predicted.

Terrible offensive line? Check.

Scattershot offense? Check.

Mariota scrambling? 7 runs for 27 yards, most of them key. Check.

Walker had several key catches to sustain drives. Check.

Frustrating conversions by Tennessee? Check.

Wilson seeing ghosts...overthrows and missing wide open receivers. Again. Check.

You conveniently forgot the most important part, "Seahawks defense will wear down in second half and will be hung out to dry with time of possession."

I'd say I called it pretty good, overall.

By the way, next time you need to put your predictions down ahead of time. I noticed you didn't post in this thread until after the fact. That's weak sauce.

All in good friend, Sis. Just giving you the business.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:08 pm

Yep. Most of the factors were factors. I didn't expect the run game defense to collapse to this degree, but what can you do when they start breaking big runs on you. Hard road start. Green Bay in Green Bay and Tennessee on the road in September during a hot summer. We'll see how the rest of the season goes.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:18 pm

You are one of my all time faves, IG. No offense meant or taken. I just disagree a bit on the reasons for the loss.

They didn’t suck on grass. They didn’t! The D was hot...like the SD game in 2014 (we made the SB that year). The o started too late, blah...blah, blah. There is a reason why the Hawks were the underdogs this week. Taking them was to take the upset.

The lack of run D in the 2nd and 3rd quarters is explainable...just like the loss in week one and the rough play vs. th 9’ers last week. I saw reasons for hope today... outside of the injury to #89 and our special teams... it’s not gonna be 100 degrees on the field every week and this game will serve as inspiration. Our O made a good run in the heat against a decent D on the road. Better than a crappy showing against a middling D at home in our weather, IMHO. Maybe we won’t be good enough at the end of the day, that’s possible too.

I sincerely hope you are well. I think we rebound and get to a disastrous 2-2 next week.

Love you all, today especially.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:31 pm

To your point, IG - I thought I did pick in here. I pick with colleagues and in the Hawk Shack's pro-football pick-em league... picked the Hawks to upset the Titans 24-16. I thought our O would step up a bit (and not drop two easy TDs) and our D would be our D. I was wrong.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum