The Benefit of the Doubt is over.

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

The Benefit of the Doubt is over.

Postby obiken » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:02 pm

I am not for letting Pete Carroll go. That is happy talk, however the time for giving him the benefit of the doubt is over. He has had 4 years to build us a real OL and he has failed. In Two years we have the discussion, after missing the Playoffs, two years in a row, we should make a change. There are 10 teams left our schedule we have no business beating, with the team we have now.
obiken
Legacy

Re: The Benefit of the Doubt is over.

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:58 pm

Someone gets it. Refreshing.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:59 pm

Oh by the way, John Schneider and the entire personnel department is not exempt.

Poor drafts and poor free agency signings are on the front office.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:03 pm

SO frustrating to sit there and watch our D play great while our O has the *exact* same issues... then switch to our fast-twitch offense and go crazy while our defense wilts. Thanks for showing up, guys.

This is too familiar a pattern.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:55 am

By the time you guys (and gals) find your way to MY position our team will be mediocre and fighting to stay out of the cellar. Why wait Mr. Allen? Didn't you learn anything when you stuck with MH waaay too long??? You even let him retire instead of firing the arrogant punk.

Yes, Yes, Yes, John Schneider deserves blame also, but, would he be penny pinching the O-Line if Pete didn't give him the O.K.?????? It ALL begins and ends with Pete.

I love what Pete brought to the table, in the beginning. But we all know that the team he built is fading fast and the truth is the Hawks should have hoisted at least two NFL Championships with this team and by MY account 3.

Come on Paul, show the stones you had when you hired Pete to either fire him or tell him Bevell must go or he WILL be fired. Pete won't, we KNOW that.

Pete is losing the team, again, why wait?? Who in here HONESTLY believes that this team, with this coaching staff is a play off team or if they manage to make the play offs will be more than a one and done?

It is a double shame to watch our great nation go down the tubes without watching our team of champions wilt into mediocrity.

Oh, and one more thing, I cringe every time Wilson is about to be sacked any more with his idiotic way of either trying to chuck the ball away or what ever it is he is trying to do. It is unworthy of a rookie to call it a "rookie" mistake, and Wilson is NO rookie. While he has done this from the start I really thought he would grow out of it.

IG; You don't recognize my handle but maybe you recognize my writing style because I too go all the way back to the P-I since before even 9-11 and I have to tell you that you are the ONLY one who has ever criticized Russell Wilson(no matter how gently) and didn't have the rest of the people here in the forum tear you a new "one". I am glad someone was able to get away with it. Every time I mentioned how his height was a detriment to his "game" people ripped me to pieces.

I guess the truth just hurts too much for some to accept
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:15 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:By the time you guys (and gals) find your way to MY position our team will be mediocre and fighting to stay out of the cellar. Why wait Mr. Allen? Didn't you learn anything when you stuck with MH waaay too long??? You even let him retire instead of firing the arrogant punk.

Yes, Yes, Yes, John Schneider deserves blame also, but, would he be penny pinching the O-Line if Pete didn't give him the O.K.?????? It ALL begins and ends with Pete.

I love what Pete brought to the table, in the beginning. But we all know that the team he built is fading fast and the truth is the Hawks should have hoisted at least two NFL Championships with this team and by MY account 3.

Come on Paul, show the stones you had when you hired Pete to either fire him or tell him Bevell must go or he WILL be fired. Pete won't, we KNOW that.

Pete is losing the team, again, why wait?? Who in here HONESTLY believes that this team, with this coaching staff is a play off team or if they manage to make the play offs will be more than a one and done?

It is a double shame to watch our great nation go down the tubes without watching our team of champions wilt into mediocrity.

Oh, and one more thing, I cringe every time Wilson is about to be sacked any more with his idiotic way of either trying to chuck the ball away or what ever it is he is trying to do. It is unworthy of a rookie to call it a "rookie" mistake, and Wilson is NO rookie. While he has done this from the start I really thought he would grow out of it.

IG; You don't recognize my handle but maybe you recognize my writing style because I too go all the way back to the P-I since before even 9-11 and I have to tell you that you are the ONLY one who has ever criticized Russell Wilson(no matter how gently) and didn't have the rest of the people here in the forum tear you a new "one". I am glad someone was able to get away with it. Every time I mentioned how his height was a detriment to his "game" people ripped me to pieces.

I guess the truth just hurts too much for some to accept

Did you just call Mike Holmgren a punk? A guy that took care of his family and always comported himself well as well as giving everything he had to coaching bring us to our first Super Bowl? Did you really? You are a punk. A pathetic punk that couldn't carry Holmgren or Pete's...must less Jim Mora's jockstrap. What a pathetic, idiotic post. I wonder if it is driven alcohol or if you're just this ridiculously ignorant.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:47 am

The O-Line didn't allow 2 teams in 2 weeks to get over 150 yards rushing, but they did contribute to over 400 yards of offense yesterday.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:18 am

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:Oh by the way, John Schneider and the entire personnel department is not exempt.

Poor drafts and poor free agency signings are on the front office.

I'm not ready to go there just yet IG. It was Cable who decided to start Glow instead of Oday.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:31 am

We need a fresh perspective on Offense. Someone who will challenge the opposing Defenses and not be so predictable.
As well, use the up tempo Offense more. If it works, use it.
Sure, if we go 3 and out, it means the Defense would be on the field quicker than our normal Offense, but if we score some points, it plays into our Defenses strength as the other Offense would have to pass more.
And that's what our philosophy used to be. Get a lead and force the other team to play catch up which often limits their play calling.
As it is, we are playing catch up and we aren't built for that.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:41 am

idhawkman wrote:I'm not ready to go there just yet IG. It was Cable who decided to start Glow instead of Oday.

That's one decision of many over the last 3 years.

Explain the draft picks? Explain signing Ja'Marcus Webb? Bradley Sowell? Letting Jahri Evans go? Signing Eddie Lacy, who hasn't played a down the last 2 weeks?

This year, we could have had Ryan Ramczyk, but Schneider had to get too cute (again) with his draft-pick chess game every year. If you haven't noticed, Ramczyk is balling out as a book end LT with the Saints.

There is a considerable list of names we have passed on for very questionable picks. More concerning, they have proven to be pitiful in assessing offensive line talent, both in college and in free agency. I'd love to know who specifically is making some of these decisions. Who has the ultimate call?? It is a little nebulous, I have heard Pete and I have heard John.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:23 am

I said a couple of years ago that these guys know Defense, but don't know Offense.
It's the polar opposite of the Holmgren years when we never had a good Defense to balance the Offense.
As well, in comparing us to other teams, we are the opposite of the Saints. They have a real good Offense but no Defense.
What is in common is they have an Offensive HC and we have a Defensive HC and the teams reflect that focus from the top.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:34 am

We actually got 2 first downs on a drive in the first quarter. But Bevell is just terrible at adjustments. I really hope we jettison him after this year.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:49 am

Largent80 wrote:We actually got 2 first downs on a drive in the first quarter. But Bevell is just terrible at adjustments. I really hope we jettison him after this year.

I wonder who might be interested.
Might Norv Turner be convinced to come here? He left the Vikings under a cloud, though.
How about some other OC's out there. I can't think of any off hand.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:55 am

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:That's one decision of many over the last 3 years.

Explain the draft picks? Explain signing Ja'Marcus Webb? Bradley Sowell? Letting Jahri Evans go? Signing Eddie Lacy, who hasn't played a down the last 2 weeks?

This year, we could have had Ryan Ramczyk, but Schneider had to get too cute (again) with his draft-pick chess game every year. If you haven't noticed, Ramczyk is balling out as a book end LT with the Saints.

There is a considerable list of names we have passed on for very questionable picks. More concerning, they have proven to be pitiful in assessing offensive line talent, both in college and in free agency. I'd love to know who specifically is making some of these decisions. Who has the ultimate call?? It is a little nebulous, I have heard Pete and I have heard John.

You and me both. I believe it is Cable myself. But the only thing we know for sure is we need someone better at assessing and developing O-line talent at this point. If John and Pete can't pull the trigger on this, then they're not living up to the "Always Compete" philosophy. They're wasting the best years of their QB.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:43 pm

LOL. Fans for O.C.

NO
Largent80
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:28 am

Burry I agree but now the defense is being affected. We got gashed for long runs and 200 yards. That is not Hawk defense. The defense lost this game.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:32 am

NorthHawk wrote:How about some other OC's out there. I can't think of any off hand.

How about a branch off Pete's coaching tree, say Lane Kiffen or Steve Sarkasian? NOT!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:08 am

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:
That's one decision of many over the last 3 years.

I agree. I'd like to know who is making the draft decisions too. But what I'm having a problem with is Cable's decisions of who to start, who has talent and so on. All we heard was that Odhiambo was a second stringer behind Fant but ever since he started, he has done probably the best out of the entire oline. I don't remember him being called for a single penalty and although RW has had pressure from his side on a couple of occassions, it is mainly when he holds the ball or starts running around because of pressure up the middle. So I'd like to know why he wasn't starting instead of Joke-l when Fant was healthy? Does "always compete" really still exist? IS EVERYONE'S JOB STILL IN COMPETITION? Really?
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:21 am

Cable is responsible for the OL and Run game.
Our Offense seems to be lacking in those 2 areas and largely unimaginative play calling adds to the woes.
So how does it get fixed without changes in philosophy or coaching?
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum