Bennett

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Bennett

Postby burrrton » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:24 pm

I am a bad losing streak away from just tuning the whole damn thing out and dust off my 12 gauge and go bird hunting on Sundays instead of pouring my heart and soul into a game played by overpaid athletes that thumb their noses at me.

This. The team hasn't lost me completely, and my 'fandom' can be earned again, but I don't watch this team with the same sense of pride I have since 1979.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:37 am

Hawk Sista wrote:Except nobody is spitting in your face, so your metaphor doesn’t work here. They are peacefully making a statement. If you choose to feel spit on because a group of people are peacefully communicating that their America is not the same as yours, then you are missing out on an opportunity to listen and learn. Listen to Doug Baldwin articulate the challenges he’s faced. Listen to a black friend or co-worker describe being thrown to the floor and hand-cuffed after merely walking into a dept. store. First time he walked through the doorway of that store, yet he was a suspect for a robbery committed earlier in the week. I visited w/ my co-worker who described the complexities of the different set of realities he faces everyday because he’s the only African American on my team. I learned some things.

Reasonable people can disagree on the how/when, but we are discussing it - as we should. And NOW, when people are up in arms about their protest after the POTUS called the players SOBs after just saying that many of the KKK/nazi-loving thugs who marched through the streets chanting racist very racist things were “very fine people” - it’s hard not to assume that that people’s anger about the protests isn’t rooted in racism. I’m not saying that is the case, but I’m saying the peaceful protestors likely do, and understand that.

I had a cop point a loaded gun at me once. My car/myself fit a description of someone that had just robbed a Circle K, so they pulled me over. I was once told that when you get pulled over it's a good idea to get out of your car and start walking to show that you weren't drunk. BAD DECISION. I wasn't handcuffed, but I was very forcefully thrown onto the trunk of my car and frisked. They were understandably irate, told me to never get out of my car unless told to do so. That was back in the mid 70's. The thought of suing the cops never entered my mind. I was too busy looking for a place to change my underwear.

I'm sorry, but if all that happens to you is that you get detained or even arrested, I'm very, very unsympathetic to the so-called 'victim.' Cops can't afford to hesitate, and so long as they eventually get everything right and no one gets hurt, then it's no harm, no foul IMO.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:32 am

Hawk Sista wrote:Except nobody is spitting in your face, so your metaphor doesn’t work here. They are peacefully making a statement. If you choose to feel spit on because a group of people are peacefully communicating that their America is not the same as yours, then you are missing out on an opportunity to listen and learn. Listen to Doug Baldwin articulate the challenges he’s faced. Listen to a black friend or co-worker describe being thrown to the floor and hand-cuffed after merely walking into a dept. store. First time he walked through the doorway of that store, yet he was a suspect for a robbery committed earlier in the week. I visited w/ my co-worker who described the complexities of the different set of realities he faces everyday because he’s the only African American on my team. I learned some things.

Reasonable people can disagree on the how/when, but we are discussing it - as we should. And NOW, when people are up in arms about their protest after the POTUS called the players SOBs after just saying that many of the KKK/nazi-loving thugs who marched through the streets chanting racist very racist things were “very fine people” - it’s hard not to assume that that people’s anger about the protests isn’t rooted in racism. I’m not saying that is the case, but I’m saying the peaceful protestors likely do, and understand that.

C'mon Sis, you know I said it would be the same as me walking up to them and spitting in THEIR face and then saying, lets chat. I take their insult the same as they would take my insult. Hopefully, you can see the parrallel there.

I'm not the one losing the opportunity to listen and learn, they are. Why? Because the conversation has turned to patriotism and standing for the anthem instead of their cause. They chose this, not me.

I get it, you don't like POTUS and that is fine, but you should also take your own advice and listen to why people support him and not just take the input of the biased news outlets.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:56 am

Ummmm. ID....you DO realize this potus has the lowest approval rating in history don't you?

Anyone following or even listening to this buffoon is in fact one in the same.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:01 am

All these metaphors about having someone spit in your face and then not wanting to listen to it are not new. I hope you understand that. That was the same reasoning that was used back in the 60's.

With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight and the distance that time affords, people look at MLK Jr. as the gold standard for peaceful protest. But when it was happening only 15% of the country thought what he was doing was beneficial to his cause. The other 85% of the country was making the same argument you're making about Bennett and Kaepernick and Black Lives matter right now. It was also the same argument that people made 20 years ago when Gay people were showing up and completely disrupting state/city house proceedings or throwing glitter bombs at people.

The argument wasn't valid then and it isn't valid now. Ali is another great example. People have retconned history and made up this fairy tale that what he was doing was so much different, that he was treated so much different. I've heard all the arguments. Players today are privileged they aren't risking anything. Ali was smarter and more respected. It's all garbage. People HATED Ali. Even after he was cleared and his boxing license was reinstated they Hated him. And Ali had earned a little over 28 million in today's adjusted for inflation dollars when he refused to be drafted so he was quite privileged.

The reason these protests exist is because when people try to talk to you about these issues. They are ignored. When you see terrible things happening they are rationalized. People just go on about their lives as comfortable as possible. Black people have been trying to deal with the issue of police misconduct for over 100 years quietly, working in the system. They were patient enough until there was widespread video evidence of this misconduct and still people are unmoved to demand change. So that's when the protest starts. If it upsets you ... good that's the point. Protest is at it's heart a disruption. The point is to not allow people to be comfortable. And yep you're going to be angry and try to push back. But at least you can't ignore it anymore. Then inevitably over the course of time the anger subsides and change starts to happen.

The harsh reality that people don't want to deal with, is if you are lecturing people about how people are protesting today, you'd be lecturing the people in the 60's with the same argument. You'd have been telling those angry gay people to shut up and go through the proper channels, despite the fact that marriage equality never would have happened without the disruption that came 20 years prior. You'd agree that John Carlos and Tommie Smith ruined the Olympics and deserved to be stripped of their medals for "disrespecting the flag", even though today it's considered one of the most enduring images in American History.

A protest that doesn't disrupt anything or get under people's skin, is just a tree falling in a forest with no one around to see it.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:49 am

I heard what you meant, ID. Maybe you should go back and re-read my message. You were using a metaphor to demonstrate that you feel the players are slapping folks or spitting on folks and then trying to start a discussion. The metaphor is flawed. If you really feel the equivalent of spat on over a peaceful protest, there is likely something for you to learn. & you are correct, I don’t like Trump irrespective of what news source is telling me what he’s up to. One only need to listen to the words that come out of his mouth and tweets directly to see what a baffoon he is. I think he is mentally ill, really. But my disdain for him is not the only factor for me.

River D.... I love ya and I surely don’t think you are racist. But your story is just a story of mistaken identity. That happens rarely and so be it. I’m not going to type my entire discussions w/ my friends and co-workers, my own observations, or recount the times that a black man has been shot (and the one (cop or other) who took his life is acquitted for responding with no greater threat than you did). I believe we (Americans) need to stop and try to understand each other. And do what we can as a society to not be so hateful to one another.

And before anyone starts to lecture me that “it takes two to tango” - please don’t. I agree that there have been imperfect actions from both sides. Ultimately, only we can fix what ails is and way too many people seem content to tell the marginalized or disenfranchised to stfu.

Well written post Kal. Nice to see you from time to time.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:04 am

Here we have a situation where we have people who went to war (and continue to do so) to in part to protect the right to peaceful
protest. Many didn't come home and many others didn't come home whole physically or mentally or both.

There's also a President who when eligible to serve claimed exemption to the draft numerous times and finally got off for "bone spurs" who
has attacked the press, suggested there should be limits on the first amendment regarding freedom of the press,
and now is attacking individuals 1st amendment rights to peaceful protest.

So who's metaphorically spitting in who's face?
Is it the protestors who are exercising their rights and by doing so validating the sacrifices those in the past
made by their service? Or is it a leader who is effectively saying his opinion is more important than the ideals that so many
sacrificed so much for.

The right to speak freely was not included in the Constitution to affirm peoples views. It was put in place to make
people feel uncomfortable and thereby make people think and hopefully the country a better place through peaceful
dialogue. Challenging the status quo is a basic right and is the seed from which America came to be. How different
the world would be without that most basic of rights.

Edit:
If the following article is accurate, it's a frightening step in the suppression of the 1st amendment.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/28/politics/ ... index.html
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:43 pm

RiverDog wrote:I had a cop point a loaded gun at me once. My car/myself fit a description of someone that had just robbed a Circle K, so they pulled me over. I was once told that when you get pulled over it's a good idea to get out of your car and start walking to show that you weren't drunk. BAD DECISION. I wasn't handcuffed, but I was very forcefully thrown onto the trunk of my car and frisked. They were understandably irate, told me to never get out of my car unless told to do so. That was back in the mid 70's. The thought of suing the cops never entered my mind. I was too busy looking for a place to change my underwear.

I'm sorry, but if all that happens to you is that you get detained or even arrested, I'm very, very unsympathetic to the so-called 'victim.' Cops can't afford to hesitate, and so long as they eventually get everything right and no one gets hurt, then it's no harm, no foul IMO.

Cops should have to hesitate. They should be trained to hesitate as well. We did not give cops carte blanche to brutalize and kill people because they think someone is dangerous. That is not a right anyone in this society should have. I have to disagree a bit on this one. I think I understand what you're saying that cops have to think fast and make life and death decisions in the span of seconds, very difficult decisions. We definitely need to provide better training. I don't know how at the moment given most cops face these decisions rarely and many tend to panic. The vast majority of these killings are due more to cops fear response and being trained to react aggressively when that fear response kicks in. But they have to do a better job.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:45 pm

Largent80 wrote:Ummmm. ID....you DO realize this potus has the lowest approval rating in history don't you?

Anyone following or even listening to this buffoon is in fact one in the same.

Sorry, I have to preface that I didn't vote for Trump and don't like him as president. At the same time I must ask, are these the same polling services that predicted he would lose on election night? Let's just say approval ratings reported by the media have just a bit more weight than predictions of aliens landing and the end of the world and less than say the daily weather and weekend sports games.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:52 pm

kalibane wrote:All these metaphors about having someone spit in your face and then not wanting to listen to it are not new. I hope you understand that. That was the same reasoning that was used back in the 60's.

With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight and the distance that time affords, people look at MLK Jr. as the gold standard for peaceful protest. But when it was happening only 15% of the country thought what he was doing was beneficial to his cause. The other 85% of the country was making the same argument you're making about Bennett and Kaepernick and Black Lives matter right now. It was also the same argument that people made 20 years ago when Gay people were showing up and completely disrupting state/city house proceedings or throwing glitter bombs at people.

The argument wasn't valid then and it isn't valid now. Ali is another great example. People have retconned history and made up this fairy tale that what he was doing was so much different, that he was treated so much different. I've heard all the arguments. Players today are privileged they aren't risking anything. Ali was smarter and more respected. It's all garbage. People HATED Ali. Even after he was cleared and his boxing license was reinstated they Hated him. And Ali had earned a little over 28 million in today's adjusted for inflation dollars when he refused to be drafted so he was quite privileged.

The reason these protests exist is because when people try to talk to you about these issues. They are ignored. When you see terrible things happening they are rationalized. People just go on about their lives as comfortable as possible. Black people have been trying to deal with the issue of police misconduct for over 100 years quietly, working in the system. They were patient enough until there was widespread video evidence of this misconduct and still people are unmoved to demand change. So that's when the protest starts. If it upsets you ... good that's the point. Protest is at it's heart a disruption. The point is to not allow people to be comfortable. And yep you're going to be angry and try to push back. But at least you can't ignore it anymore. Then inevitably over the course of time the anger subsides and change starts to happen.

The harsh reality that people don't want to deal with, is if you are lecturing people about how people are protesting today, you'd be lecturing the people in the 60's with the same argument. You'd have been telling those angry gay people to shut up and go through the proper channels, despite the fact that marriage equality never would have happened without the disruption that came 20 years prior. You'd agree that John Carlos and Tommie Smith ruined the Olympics and deserved to be stripped of their medals for "disrespecting the flag", even though today it's considered one of the most enduring images in American History.

A protest that doesn't disrupt anything or get under people's skin, is just a tree falling in a forest with no one around to see it.

Hmm. It's been longer than a hundred years, been more like before the inception of this nation. Unless of course you're talking about the organized and sanctioned police in its more modern form. Yet I agree with your point.

There's a lot of bad blood between the police and black folk. It gets passed down from generation to generation. Police showing up in a black community was usually not a good thing. They were the enforcement arm of the racist laws in this nation. Those stories were passed down from generation to generation creating antagonism between the black community and the police. I've heard the stories. I know firsthand that black folk react differently when dealing with the police than white folk. And the police treat you differently when you're with a black person. I've experienced this first hand. It was quite surprising when it happened. I was so used to being polite with the police and having them usually react either professionally or politely that seeing the more rude and aggressive behavior as well as being checked on a gang list was pretty damn surprising. It's like a different country being a black person at the store and the like. You always have to wonder what is motivating certain rude and strange forms of behavior. It was damn shocking to learn about.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Id love to see the armchair critics walk a day in an inner city cops shoes. Yes they do have to make split decisions and they sometimes get it wrong but not as often as the BLM terrorists would have you believe.

Most of the highly publicised killings of blacks were involving guys who resisted arrest violently such as Big Thug Mike Brown who charged an officer who was locked and loaded and telling him to get down after already punching him repeatedly and attempting to steal his weapon leading to a discharge while the cop was not even out of his car yet. This was the genesis of BLM, the big lie "hands up don't shoot" a proven lie. Even Eric Holders politically motivated justice department could find NO REASON to charge officer Wilson and no evidence to suggest Mike Brown did anything but die being the same kind of idiot thug he lived as.

The guy in Louisiana whose name escapes me who was killed outside a mini mart was wrestling with officers under a vehicle fender WHILE CARRYING AN ILLEGAL FIREARM in his right pocket which was the arm the cop couldn't reach. He was a repeted felon with a conviction for sexual abuse of a minor, numerous gun charges etc.

These are darwin awards like the Laquan McDonald case in chicago where a PCP fueled gang banger was walking down the street with a shiv popping police car tires then wheeled to face an officer 20 feet away with a drawn weapon.It takes a guy with a shank about half a second to close a 20 foot gap and stab someone.
The Castille shooting in Minnesota was a tragedy involving a lack of training and judgement but again involved a guy who produced his weapon unexpectedly and also matched an armed robbery suspect almost perfectly.

In almost every case including Freddy Gray in Baltimore the officers (several were black)were exonerated and even the cop in Minnesota was acquitted.The guy on film shooting a black man in the back in South carolina is just a criminal with a badge along with guys caught planting evidence etc.

Again, I believe them to be in a distinct minority of the many officers who protect us.

Are there problems? of course but in a nation of 350 million with over 50 million police contacts annually they do pretty well overall.
I'm no fan of BLM whatsoever. They have the blood of a couple of hundred cops on their hands IMO including the 3 fatalities in Louisiana and the 7 dallas police including blacks, hispanics etc who were killed by guys who specifically mentioned BLM as their motivation..

Its interesting Goody two shoes wouldn't allow Dallas to wear memorabilia to honor these officers or allow players to wear commemoration of 911 but his selective social engineering which is definitely of the liberal variety allows this sitting(kneeling nonsense.

Its the one thing I agree with Trump on although he should never have said anything about it being who he is and with his horrible record on race.
Pro players in leagues with antitrust exemptions and stadiums largely funded by taxpayers SHOULD NOT be allowed to protest politically in the workplace, period.

Its bit Goodell and the owners in the @$$ now and everyone including a lot of the player are looking for a way our of it. This weekend ought to be interesting....
Last edited by Hawktawk on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Cops should have to hesitate. They should be trained to hesitate as well. We did not give cops carte blanche to brutalize and kill people because they think someone is dangerous. That is not a right anyone in this society should have. I have to disagree a bit on this one. I think I understand what you're saying that cops have to think fast and make life and death decisions in the span of seconds, very difficult decisions. We definitely need to provide better training. I don't know how at the moment given most cops face these decisions rarely and many tend to panic. The vast majority of these killings are due more to cops fear response and being trained to react aggressively when that fear response kicks in. But they have to do a better job.

They should hesitate to use deadly force, but they should not have to hesitate to take whatever reasonable action they deem necessary to protect themselves and the public from threats, and in my case, which occurred more than 40 years ago, I was definitely a potential threat to the cops. I'm alive today because a cop used good judgment and hesitated to use deadly force. And here's some unsolicited advice: If you ever get pulled over at night, turn on the dome light of your car and keep both hands on the steering wheel until the cop gets to your window. I've done that before and the first thing the cop did was thank me for my action. Got me out of a ticket, too.

I am a lot more inclined to be sympathetic to a cop that genuinely felt they were facing a life or death situation and made a bad decision or judgment than I am a cop that was not facing such a threat and caused premeditated harm to a suspect, such as the cop in South Carolina that shot a black man in the back as he was running away or the black man in Baltimore that was killed as a result of his "rough ride". There was an incident here in a local jail just a few weeks ago where a cop pushed a handcuffed white prisoner in the back and caused him to hit his head on a table, causing an injury that needed stiches to stop the bleeding, so it does happen, even in Hicksville and even to white guys.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:27 pm

The bottom line is the Rump is accomplishing exactly what it wants. Which is, divide people further. Only MORONS buy into what he sells. In any facet. He's simply a Dotard that is enjoying that he somehow became president.
Last edited by Largent80 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:28 pm

RiverDog wrote:They should hesitate to use deadly force, but they should not have to hesitate to take whatever reasonable action they deem necessary to protect themselves and the public from threats, and in my case, which occurred more than 40 years ago, I was definitely a potential threat to the cops. I'm alive today because a cop used good judgment and hesitated to use deadly force. And here's some unsolicited advice: If you ever get pulled over at night, turn on the dome light of your car and keep both hands on the steering wheel until the cop gets to your window. I've done that before and the first thing the cop did was thank me for my action. Got me out of a ticket, too.

I am a lot more inclined to be sympathetic to a cop that genuinely felt they were facing a life or death situation and made a bad decision or judgment than I am a cop that was not facing such a threat and caused premeditated harm to a suspect, such as the cop in South Carolina that shot a black man in the back as he was running away or the black man in Baltimore that was killed as a result of his "rough ride". There was an incident here in a local jail just a few weeks ago where a cop pushed a handcuffed white prisoner in the back and caused him to hit his head on a table, causing an injury that needed stitches to stop the bleeding, so it does happen, even in Hicksville and even to white guys.

I had a buddy years ago, Ed Herman who was an alternate to the 1980 olympics as a heavyweight wrestler. He attended Iowa state. Ed went about 260, 6'3" and could bench over 400 pounds and he was definitely white. One night in Des Moines he got into it with a bouncer who was harassing a friend. The police showed up to arrest Ed and he refused to let them cuff him fearing brutality since his brother in law had been beaten during a similar arrest years earlier. About 10 of them took him down, maced him and beat him senseless with their nightsticks.

It wasn't about the color of his skin, it was about him resisting and being a big strong dude.They never could get cuffs on him and finally agreed to let him ride uncuffed to jail. He was charged with 13 counts of assaulting a police officer but pled out.If he were black would the outcome have been a shooting? I don't know but i know its a good rule of thumb not to resist or make quick moves when contacted. My son who is 22 and white was pulled over and forced to sit for 20 minutes while backup arrived because the officer perceived suspicious motions while he was in his car.

Cops are on razors edge and who can blame them when they are being shot sitting in their cars.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:49 pm

Too bad Rump will never have to endure what blacks do. People that back him are in for some karma. ENJOY Dotards.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:50 pm

burrrton
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:29 pm

c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:08 pm

Jeezus fcking Christ. There was literally nothing unreasonable about what happened that night, and it had nothing to do with the color of his skin, except insofar as his matched the reported shooter's.

This is why this country laughs when someone yells "YOU'RE RACIST" now. It's been rendered void of any meaning in 2017, much to the detriment of actual victims of it.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:37 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Id love to see the armchair critics walk a day in an inner city cops shoes. Yes they do have to make split decisions and they sometimes get it wrong but not as often as the BLM terrorists would have you believe.

Most of the highly publicised killings of blacks were involving guys who resisted arrest violently such as Big Thug Mike Brown who charged an officer who was locked and loaded and telling him to get down after already punching him repeatedly and attempting to steal his weapon leading to a discharge while the cop was not even out of his car yet. This was the genesis of BLM, the big lie "hands up don't shoot" a proven lie. Even Eric Holders politically motivated justice department could find NO REASON to charge officer Wilson and no evidence to suggest Mike Brown did anything but die being the same kind of idiot thug he lived as.

The guy in Louisiana whose name escapes me who was killed outside a mini mart was wrestling with officers under a vehicle fender WHILE CARRYING AN ILLEGAL FIREARM in his right pocket which was the arm the cop couldn't reach. He was a repeted felon with a conviction for sexual abuse of a minor, numerous gun charges etc.

These are darwin awards like the Laquan McDonald case in chicago where a PCP fueled gang banger was walking down the street with a shiv popping police car tires then wheeled to face an officer 20 feet away with a drawn weapon.It takes a guy with a shank about half a second to close a 20 foot gap and stab someone.
The Castille shooting in Minnesota was a tragedy involving a lack of training and judgement but again involved a guy who produced his weapon unexpectedly and also matched an armed robbery suspect almost perfectly.

In almost every case including Freddy Gray in Baltimore the officers (several were black)were exonerated and even the cop in Minnesota was acquitted.The guy on film shooting a black man in the back in South carolina is just a criminal with a badge along with guys caught planting evidence etc.

Again, I believe them to be in a distinct minority of the many officers who protect us.

Are there problems? of course but in a nation of 350 million with over 50 million police contacts annually they do pretty well overall.
I'm no fan of BLM whatsoever. They have the blood of a couple of hundred cops on their hands IMO including the 3 fatalities in Louisiana and the 7 dallas police including blacks, hispanics etc who were killed by guys who specifically mentioned BLM as their motivation..

Its interesting Goody two shoes wouldn't allow Dallas to wear memorabilia to honor these officers or allow players to wear commemoration of 911 but his selective social engineering which is definitely of the liberal variety allows this sitting(kneeling nonsense.

Its the one thing I agree with Trump on although he should never have said anything about it being who he is and with his horrible record on race.
Pro players in leagues with antitrust exemptions and stadiums largely funded by taxpayers SHOULD NOT be allowed to protest politically in the workplace, period.

Its bit Goodell and the owners in the @$$ now and everyone including a lot of the player are looking for a way our of it. This weekend ought to be interesting....

I agree the majority of the issue would be cleaned up if the violence in the ghetto communities and promoted through music and media was cleaned up. People like to complain about violence in America, yet never want to admit the majority of it is tied to the ghetto communities populated by minorities. that violence amongst whites and Asians is equal to or lower than what you see in most 1st world nations we are compared to. We can't tell the truth about cultural problems tied to race because anyone that does so is labeled a racist unless they are denigrating white males, that type of racism is completely acceptable to liberals. You can't tell the truth about other cultural norms for other races or you are a racist person. That's why this problem is not going to stop any time soon because the root of the problem is not racist cops, but the violence in the communities they work in and the paranoia it breeds in the police force across the nation who get word of these crimes on a daily basis. We can hear about Chicago black community shootings on the news or read about MS-13 and the Mexican drug cartels, but once you mention the race of the people involved, it suddenly becomes a racial discussion that white people should not be a part of. We already know this.

That's why we're in a Catch 22 for fixing this. We can't talk about one of the major factors involving people of a specific race, so they work on the side they can exert some control over: the police.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum