Sherman grow up!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Sherman grow up!

Postby trents » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:00 pm

I'm tired of Richard Sherman's tirades and I'm tired of t he coaching staff and management tolerating them.

And I'm tired of people passing it off as "just his passion showing" through. The dude is out of control too often.
trents
Legacy

Re: Sherman grow up!

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:24 pm

what did he say recently? He was not out of line is his post-game presser...when did he whine and what did he say?
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:26 pm

I love Richard and am so happy he is a seahawk.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby trents » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:57 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:what did he say recently? He was not out of line is his post-game presser...when did he whine and what did he say?

Did you not see that play where he incurred three penalties on one play that were all correctly called by the refs and how he was screaming at them on the field? He came very close to being ejected from the game yesterday and probably should have been.
trents
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:20 pm

Yes - I saw that. Had he been tossed, he would have deserved it because of the removal of the head-gear and not letting it go. I thought the original call was a little ticky-tack, but his response surely made things very much worse.

As for me, when things like that happen in the course of the game, it bothers me much less than the comments he makes off the field. It is a fast-paced game and I can see losing my cool, too. Richard's emotion and pride make him great and we may have to suffer the other side of that from time to time.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby trents » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:09 pm

[quote="Hawk Sista". . . Richard's emotion and pride make him great and we may have to suffer the other side of that from time to time.[/quote]

See, I don't buy into that reasoning but so far. Plenty of players with pride and emotion who don't loose control.
trents
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:59 pm

I thought PI call on Richard was wrong. He had position on the player and was looking back. I never saw any film before the ball was in the air so didn't see the holding call. You could tell by the look on the ref's face he knew he had called it wrong and when Richard said "how" he told him to get away, when Richard pressed he called him for the unsportsman.

I agree with others that Richard deserved the call because he took his head gear off (even though this is not called every time.) He certainly earned the UC after the refs hat came off, but I thought the ref pulled the trigger on that pretty quick. Edwards is like a 20 year ref though and has about a dozen playoff games under his belt. I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:36 pm

To be clear, I was disappointed in Richard’s overreaction to the situation. His reaction made it worse for us and one could reasonably argue he cost us 3 valuable points and energy exerted on non football activities in 90 degree weather w/ 97% humidity. It was not my preferred way to respond. I think he will learn from it a bit... and yet I understand it.

I gave someone stitches in their upper lip because I flicked my racquetball racquet into the wall in frustration for having missed my shot... in effin’ Racquetball. My racquet bounced off the wall and hit my own brother in the face. I was in my 20’s and the only prize was bragging rights between the two (or 3) of us who were there. It mattered to me... a lot more than it should have. I cannot even begin to amplify those competitive feelings w/ all that is on the line for Sherm. Millions of viewers, pride, an NFL W, the season, the championship, HFA, etc. OMG

His response was not what he is trained to produce. Even though he believed that it was not a foul, he should have behaved differently. But with that juice flowing in THAT moment (he thought the hawks got a TO and Learned they didn’t...because of him). I have compassion (or empathy) for him. The BS against Jim Moore and the pot shots at the O are a different story. I’m not defending him; just saying I get it (sorta-kinda).

No defense. Just compassion and understanding.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby trents » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:13 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:To be clear, I was disappointed in Richard’s overreaction to the situation. His reaction made it worse for us and one could reasonably argue he cost us 3 valuable points and energy exerted on non football activities in 90 degree weather w/ 97% humidity. It was not my preferred way to respond. I think he will learn from it a bit... and yet I understand it.

I gave someone stitches in their upper lip because I flicked my racquetball racquet into the wall in frustration for having missed my shot... in effin’ Racquetball. My racquet bounced off the wall and hit my own brother in the face. I was in my 20’s and the only prize was bragging rights between the two (or 3) of us who were there. It mattered to me... a lot more than it should have. I cannot even begin to amplify those competitive feelings w/ all that is on the line for Sherm. Millions of viewers, pride, an NFL W, the season, the championship, HFA, etc. OMG

His response was not what he is trained to produce. Even though he believed that it was not a foul, he should have behaved differently. But with that juice flowing in THAT moment (he thought the hawks got a TO and Learned they didn’t...because of him). I have compassion (or empathy) for him. The BS against Jim Moore and the pot shots at the O are a different story. I’m not defending him; just saying I get it (sorta-kinda).

No defense. Just compassion and understanding.

I understand what you are saying. I get it. More than anything it bothers me that Carroll never seems to call him to task for these outbursts but coddles and makes excuses for him. He did that for M. Lynch too when Lynch decided he wasn't going to start a game and there was no apparent reason not too.
trents
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:26 am

I will be very surprised if Richard Sherman is a Hawk next year, period.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:42 am

I thought that Sherman should have been kicked out of the game. The fact that he took off his helmet and kept jaw boning the refs put him on very thin ice. He arguably cost us 3 points with that rant. I also thought that a blatant late hit like he took on the quarterback would qualify as another unsportsmanlike penalty and get him tossed as well. I'm surprised that they called offsetting penalties, thought that they took into consideration who threw the first punch. They should have ejected both Sherman and Lewan, although in defense of Lewan, I would have done the same thing myself if I saw my QB take a hit like that.

The call itself was arguable but not outrageously so. I've seen it go both ways. It certainly didn't justify Sherman's going ballistic, and it fits a pattern of his that has been brewing over the past couple of years and shows no signs of going away anytime soon. Personally, I'm done with him, he's not going to change back to the guy I once liked and respected, but as a football player, he's still one of the best.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:56 am

I doubt Sherm is a hawk next year, too. And sometimes wonder if we don’t trade him mid-season even. After last week’s game, he whined about the offense. Something the 92 D never did, and they had good reason.

I’d take Joe Thomas even at his age... but I digress. I love Sherm and get frustrated by him too. I do think Pete calls him on his BS, just not publicly. Sherman has too much pride (again, earlier in my life, so did I). And I certainly wouldn’t have had much to stand on if he were bounced from the game. Maybe it would have helped in some way.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:15 am

Great players play on the edge. With Sherman it appears he gets an emotional edge by perceived slights and provocations.
Sometimes that boils over to be a detriment and as his skills erode because of time, it may become more of an issue.
Team frustrations don't help in the matter, but at the end of the day, he's still one of the best DB's in the league.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:29 pm

I agree that Sherman will be gone.

I would also try to trade Bennett after this season, though his age and contract may make that tougher.

I love these guys, but their best days are pretty much behind them. They're still better than most, but I'd like to get some value for them next spring.

Sherman had another emotional relapse on the field last Sunday. And while it was different since it wasn't directed at his own coaches, it's still something he shoulda already learned from and kept a lid on it. As for Bennett, I like his style more, but I think he's allowed himself to become even more distracted than Sherman.

I just...I'm burned out on the whole thing. And the real kicker of it all is....nothing much is really going to change. You can shout to the heavens all you want, but eventually you have to draw up a detailed game plan that's going to promote said change. Don't really hear much about that part.

Maybe Bevell can help them out:)
Zorn76
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum