Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby burrrton » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:24 am

Stream Hawk wrote:Pretty awesome 21-26 (80%) accuracy night. And those ints were pretty much on Graham Kearsing.


Yup- the one the defender played volleyball with maybe not, but the second one absolutely is on JG.
User avatar
burrrton
Legacy
 
Posts: 2939
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:20 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby idhawkman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:16 am

The first one was under thrown by RW. That one is on him.

I think that JG is a rhythm guy and if you don't get him involved early or throughout the season, then you will get what we have now with him.
User avatar
idhawkman
Legacy
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:00 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Anthony » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:57 am

idhawkman wrote:The first one was under thrown by RW. That one is on him.

I think that JG is a rhythm guy and if you don't get him involved early or throughout the season, then you will get what we have now with him.



I partially agree, he could have gotten more on it, but he was hit as he threw it, that said, JG made no effort, it was like he thought no one was around. He let the ball come to him instead of attacking it and getting it. That allowed the DB to get a hand in. If he attacks the ball at the worst its an incompletion, at best a reception.
User avatar
Anthony
Legacy
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby rocket » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:26 pm

Wilson has ALWAYS thrown a few high... since his first pre-season.
Honest.
rocket
Legacy
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:50 pm

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Anthony » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:10 pm

eocket wrote:Wilson has ALWAYS thrown a few high... since his first pre-season.
Honest.



ahh you do realize the high part was not the issue, if anything not high enough, catchable with any effort but not high enough.
User avatar
Anthony
Legacy
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby idhawkman » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:20 am

Anthony wrote:

I partially agree, he could have gotten more on it, but he was hit as he threw it, that said, JG made no effort, it was like he thought no one was around. He let the ball come to him instead of attacking it and getting it. That allowed the DB to get a hand in. If he attacks the ball at the worst its an incompletion, at best a reception.

No he wasn't. He wasn't under any pressure on that one. He just didn't step into it and get the ball out there. Just another under throw by RW.
Jimmy was running away from the LOS, this was not a come back route where he could have fought for it. His momentum was moving away.

Your defense of RW on this one is just homerism. Now on the second one where Odhiambo got the bruised heart, that was totally on JG and very aggregious.
User avatar
idhawkman
Legacy
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:00 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Anthony » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:09 pm

idhawkman wrote:No he wasn't. He wasn't under any pressure on that one. He just didn't step into it and get the ball out there. Just another under throw by RW.
Jimmy was running away from the LOS, this was not a come back route where he could have fought for it. His momentum was moving away.

Your defense of RW on this one is just homerism. Now on the second one where Odhiambo got the bruised heart, that was totally on JG and very aggregious.


LOL, of course, he wasn't I mean I only just re-watched and he got hit literally a split second after he let it go, he knew it and had to rush it or the pass would have been even worse. He through it up to give Graham a chance and he mad little effort to attack the ball or come back. But hey let not let the facts get in the way of your narrative. All that said and as I said my original post it needed to be higher, and Graham needed to act like he gave a crap. oh and FYI he could have easily come back he even admitted it after the game, he just thought he was by himself and did not see the Db but again lets not let facts get int he way of you narrative. I am sure Brock huard would agree with you since he just said what I said on the show this morning. but hey what does he know. I mean your narrative is way more important than the facts
User avatar
Anthony
Legacy
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Seahawkgal » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:59 pm

Is the the same Anthony from .NET? The user ID Anthony! over there? It sure sounds like him with the Russell man-love. :lol:
Seahawkgal
Legacy
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:08 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:03 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Very good, RD. It seems like a long way off, but it’s really not. Crazy that it’s October already. It
Seems like yesterday that I was hoping to make it to July 5th. I’ll buy you both beers (or whatever).


I approve. Great to finally meet you, Sis.
User avatar
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:16 pm
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Anthony » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:58 pm

Seahawkgal wrote:Is the the same Anthony from .NET? The user ID Anthony! over there? It sure sounds like him with the Russell man-love. :lol:



Hmm your second person to say that, I am not on that site and never will be too many jerks for me, seems like some are on here too. I guess you missed the part where I said he could have thrown it higher. I understand apparantly saying anything good about Wilson is a no no here, or at least it is with some people. That's what they created the foe for.
User avatar
Anthony
Legacy
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Largent80 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:53 pm

It's him Andrea. he comes here trying the incognito routine but jeezus, it's pathetic.
User avatar
Largent80
Legacy
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: Magnolia, Texas

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Anthony » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:20 pm

Largent80 wrote:It's him Andrea. he comes here trying the incognito routine but jeezus, it's pathetic.



LOL lof course it is, I am also tom seaver, j edgar hoover and mike Myers LOL what joke, thanks for the laughs, and if you to don't like this guy he must be great, because I think I would prefer him to 2 jerks who judge someone based on how they write and determine they must be someone else. very Trump like, that use to be a bad thing. Oh well, they invented foes for people that dont deserve someones attention and you now fit the bill. Way to judge without any proof. You remind me of someone I read on another blog till he got banned. He was a real A44hoe. However unlike you, I will not say it is you just because you sure react the same way. Not enough evidence. Judging without evidence is your deal it appears.

Hey I am Hispanic too, want to judge me on that also? Laughable.
User avatar
Anthony
Legacy
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Seahawkgal » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:48 pm

For the record; I have no issue with RW fan boys. It's much better than dealing with the opposite. I am a HUGE fan of Mr. Wilson myself. I just thought you were the same poster from .NET called Anthony!. My son's name is Anthony so you do have a great name FWIW.
Seahawkgal
Legacy
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:08 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Seahawkgal » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Rob, Largent80 is trump-like? I never thought I would hear that. He HATES Trump. :lol:
Seahawkgal
Legacy
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:08 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby idhawkman » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:08 pm

He was never hit on that INT. CHeck it out. https://youtu.be/IjYU_dIUPgY
User avatar
idhawkman
Legacy
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:00 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:21 pm

Anthony wrote:"Is the the same Anthony from .NET? The user ID Anthony! over there? It sure sounds like him with the Russell man-love. :lol:"


Hmm your second person to say that, I am not on that site and never will be too many jerks for me, seems like some are on here too. I guess you missed the part where I said he could have thrown it higher. I understand apparantly saying anything good about Wilson is a no no here, or at least it is with some people. That's what they created the foe for.


So you aren't the same Anthony from .net? Hmm.
User avatar
RiverDog
Legacy
 
Posts: 7132
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Kennewick, WA, 99338

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Anthony » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:02 pm

idhawkman wrote:He was never hit on that INT. CHeck it out. https://youtu.be/IjYU_dIUPgY



Well since they move from him right after he throws it we don't know but the reality is he had to throw it sooner and differently than he wanted to because of the pressure and you nice video showed that, so thanks
User avatar
Anthony
Legacy
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Anthony » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:12 pm

RiverDog wrote:
So you aren't the same Anthony from .net? Hmm.


Are you the same Riverdog on the Mariner Board? Or the Miami Heat Board? Your posts sure seem the same but that is not enough to prove you are, so I dont bother. Only you and a couple of others seem to think so. I am Hispanic does mean you think I should be kicked out of the country too or that maybe I am the same Hispanic on the other board, I mean he writes like me too. I can go on, but I am sure you get my point, to label someone, as someone else or anything based on nothing more than the way they write is pretty pathetic. Like I said You sure write like the Riverdog on the Heat board, who is from this area. Whats next you going to say my writing style is like the note found by the uni-bomber too. This whole thing is pretty laughable to me.
User avatar
Anthony
Legacy
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Anthony » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:16 pm

Seahawkgal wrote:Rob, Largent80 is trump-like? I never thought I would hear that. He HATES Trump. :lol:


Hmm well that is good so do I. hate Trump I mean, its just Trump likes to call people names, and say they are something they are not, you know like Obama was not born here, KKK are good people and such.

First thing First I am a lot of things, A Hawks fan, Sonics Fan, Mariner Fan, but I am not a liar. And to call me that based on writing style is, well wrong.
User avatar
Anthony
Legacy
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Anthony » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:25 pm

Seahawkgal wrote:For the record; I have no issue with RW fan boys. It's much better than dealing with the opposite. I am a HUGE fan of Mr. Wilson myself. I just thought you were the same poster from .NET called Anthony!. My son's name is Anthony so you do have a great name FWIW.



HMm, I have a few cousins named Anthony, not pronounced that way though as I am Portuguese. So it more like Antonio, but still good. So to the question, I have never been on that board, I have read a lot and even know who you are talking about after the first person called me him I checked him out. I can understand the mistake, but I am pretty sure that person would not have admitted Wilson should have thrown it, further which I did, because well he should have. But I dont think he sucks because of it. I have no blindness when it comes to Wilson, I know he makes mistakes and have said so. I guess since I have been watching or playing football for over 50 years I understand no one is perfect. I watched Tom Brady miss 10 wide open guys before in 1 game. I guess I just don't see the need to nitpick, given my expectations are reasonable given his situation. He has done more with less than nearly any top QB in the league. THis thread is about his accuracy issues, yet ignoring the #2 in hurries and #1 in hits, hurries and sacks or the 12+ drops this season already. This makes no sense to me. Not to mention we just finished game 4 and guess what his Complt% is almost 62 and rising. So that is my logic.
Last edited by Anthony on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Anthony
Legacy
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby burrrton » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:27 am

I think someone is unaware that casual writing styles (ie. grammar, punctuation, 'voice', paragraphing, sentence structure) are as distinct as a fingerprint. :)
User avatar
burrrton
Legacy
 
Posts: 2939
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:20 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Anthony » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:38 am

burrrton wrote:I think someone is unaware that casual writing styles (ie. grammar, punctuation, 'voice', paragraphing, sentence structure) are as distinct as a fingerprint. :)


Actually aware of it, but I also know it is not 100% accurate. Given what I do for a living, I have had ample chance to test this theory and found it to be flawed. In fact testing has shown at best it is 50% accurate with regards to blogs, forums, and most online media or shorter writings. However, it becomes about 80% accurate when using it for books, and longer writings. Now written is another thing, but typed yeah not so much, way to easy to fake.

Now if you really feel the need to be proven wrong do this go to the other board. Find a posting by this other guy, go into the metadata and find the geo signature and trace it. Then do the same for me here. You will get the IP address for the computer used and that will let you know the truth, Which will probably not make you happy though given what you want the answer to be, as I know for a fact they will not match.
User avatar
Anthony
Legacy
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Largent80 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:17 am

Why don't you do all the I.T. stuff and post the results here.
User avatar
Largent80
Legacy
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: Magnolia, Texas

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby burrrton » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:03 pm

Anthony, I actually don't care whether you are or aren't the 'other' Anthony, and I can't recall the last time I was even at .net. I'm not even sure why we're concerned about it, now that I ponder it.

I'm just pointing out that informal writing styles, especially one as distinct as yours, are instantly recognizable, especially so for people who haven't taken many writing courses (I don't know if that's you or not). Many don't realize the patterns that emerge.

For instance, I'm an obsessive comma user, I *always* use the oxford comma, I break my posts into small paragraphs, I often make the mistake of using run-on sentences, I rarely misspell words, etc and so on.

Your style is similarly distinct (more so, actually, IMO- you ramble a bit, you use peculiar adjectives, you're rather aggressive in your phrasing, you're never concise, etc), so I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were accurately identified.

Ok, I take it back- now I'm interested. Might have to go visit .net to see what all the hubbub is about.
Last edited by burrrton on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
burrrton
Legacy
 
Posts: 2939
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:20 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Anthony » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:07 pm

Largent80 wrote:Why don't you do all the I.T. stuff and post the results here.


I can give you two reasons, 1. I am not the one making false accusations. 2. given the people in question I highly doubt me doing it would mean much, some of you will believe what you want, However, if one of you do it well then no one can say I did something to get it to show what I want.

Of course, we can also do what adults are supposed to do and not make accusations with little to no proof, and we can move on and talk Hawks.
User avatar
Anthony
Legacy
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby burrrton » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:12 pm

Anthony wrote:Of course, we can also do what adults are supposed to do and not make accusations with little to no proof, and we can move on and talk Hawks.


Want to know what an adult would *actually* do, Anthony? Not take something so benign so personally. Laugh it off.

That you can't is *another* consistent trait of yours, now that you mention it.
User avatar
burrrton
Legacy
 
Posts: 2939
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:20 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Anthony » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:17 pm

burrrton wrote:Anthony, I actually don't care whether you are or aren't the 'other' Anthony, and I can't recall the last time I was even at .net. I'm not even sure why we're concerned about it, now that I ponder it.

I'm just pointing out that informal writing styles, especially one as distinct as yours, are instantly recognizable, especially so for people who haven't taken many writing courses (I don't know if that's you or not). Many don't realize the patterns that emerge.

For instance, I'm an obsessive comma user, I *always* use the oxford comma, I break my posts into small paragraphs, I often make the mistake of using run-on sentences, etc and so on.

Your style is similarly distinct (more so, actually, IMO), so I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were recognized.

Ok, I take it back- now I'm interested. Might have to go visit .net to see what all the hubbub is about.


If that makes you happy go for it. I already pointed out the holes in your point, that being the writing style analysis is no were nere 100% especially for blogs and forums.
User avatar
Anthony
Legacy
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Anthony » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:21 pm

burrrton wrote:
Want to know what an adult would *actually* do, Anthony? Not take something so benign so personally. Laugh it off.

That you can't is *another* consistent trait of yours, now that you mention it.


Actually, an Adult defends his honor when his word is questioned, a trait most people have, if you look right on this forum people do it all the time. Hmm
User avatar
Anthony
Legacy
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Largent80 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:42 pm

Anthony wrote:

LOL lof course it is, I am also tom seaver, j edgar hoover and mike Myers LOL what joke, thanks for the laughs, and if you to don't like this guy he must be great, because I think I would prefer him to 2 jerks who judge someone based on how they write and determine they must be someone else. very Trump like, that use to be a bad thing. Oh well, they invented foes for people that dont deserve someones attention and you now fit the bill. Way to judge without any proof. You remind me of someone I read on another blog till he got banned. He was a real A44hoe. However unlike you, I will not say it is you just because you sure react the same way. Not enough evidence. Judging without evidence is your deal it appears.

Hey I am Hispanic too, want to judge me on that also? Laughable.


Insecure much wittle bouy?
User avatar
Largent80
Legacy
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: Magnolia, Texas

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Anthony » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Largent80 wrote:
Insecure much wittle bouy?


Nope trying to point out the lunacy of this whole thing. Sorry you did not get it though.
User avatar
Anthony
Legacy
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Largent80 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:04 pm

Are you here to talk football or s***. Talk football then, and not just about Wilson.

Trump?..Really dude. :roll:
User avatar
Largent80
Legacy
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: Magnolia, Texas

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby burrrton » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:11 pm

I already pointed out the holes in your point, that being the writing style analysis is no were nere 100% especially for blogs and forums.


Anthony wrote:Actually, an Adult defends his honor when his word is questioned, a trait most people have, if you look right on this forum people do it all the time. Hmm


LOL. Yeah, you're tough to place.
User avatar
burrrton
Legacy
 
Posts: 2939
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:20 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Anthony » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:21 pm

burrrton wrote:


LOL. Yeah, you're tough to place.



Whatever helps you sleep at night. LOL
User avatar
Anthony
Legacy
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Anthony » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:25 pm

Largent80 wrote:Are you here to talk football or s***. Talk football then, and not just about Wilson.

Trump?..Really dude. :roll:


I talk about what I want to talk about as it relates to the Hawks. If you bothered to look back I have spoken about other things than Wilson. As to the trump thing I said trump like. As to your eye roll, yeah thats what I felt with this whole thread that you and a few other hijacked.


So once again do you want to continue down this ridiculous path or shall we get back to football.
User avatar
Anthony
Legacy
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:36 pm

burrrton wrote:I think someone is unaware that casual writing styles (ie. grammar, punctuation, 'voice', paragraphing, sentence structure) are as distinct as a fingerprint. :)


I knew that was you, Rott! ;)
User avatar
Hawk Sista
Legacy
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:58 am
Location: Central California

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:38 pm

I approve. Great to finally meet you, Sis. - Irish Greg

You too. What's it been?? Almost 20 years, I'll bet. Soooo long ago that my partner was my "husband" for the first few years. ;)
User avatar
Hawk Sista
Legacy
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:58 am
Location: Central California

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Vegaseahawk » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:48 pm

You all are arguing something irrelevant to this topic like little children fighting over game of hopscotch. It's ridiculous
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdfs0SiMdGtmx4nc7GhSGVQ9pi9RgcHrAxa8Xeg-x5jkLiADhPrw
User avatar
Vegaseahawk
Legacy
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:43 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:21 pm

how are you, Vegaseahawk? I can't imagine it is business as usual for you right now. For any of us really.... I hope you are ok
User avatar
Hawk Sista
Legacy
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:58 am
Location: Central California

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:38 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:I knew that was you, Rott! ;)


I miss Rott's insane ramblings.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 12:38 am

Re: Russell Wilson's Accuracy Issues

Postby idhawkman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:33 pm

Anthony wrote:

Well since they move from him right after he throws it we don't know but the reality is he had to throw it sooner and differently than he wanted to because of the pressure and you nice video showed that, so thanks


No one is within 3 yards of him when he throws it. He just didn't step into the throw even though no one was in front of him. He just blew it, it doesn't mean he didn't play a decent game, it just means he blew that throw. Good thing he's better at letting things go like that than you are. :o
User avatar
idhawkman
Legacy
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:00 am

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron