Good news! Quinn likely to stay at least for now

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Good news! Quinn likely to stay at least for now

Postby monkey » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:51 pm

http://www.fieldgulls.com/latest-news/2014/1/23/5338986/browns-hire-mike-pettine-dan-quinn-likely-to-remain-with-seattle

I wasn't thrilled when Gus left, because I really believe that he's got "it" and will be a good head coach, I like what Quinn has done with the defense, and especially the line EVEN MORE!
Quinn has been more aggressive than Gus was, and has found better ways to utilize the talent on the roster.
Mebane for just one example, he has no sacks, and yet he's quietly having his best season BY FAR. He's been AMAZING against the run this year.
I will be very disappointed whenever Quinn leaves, (and eventually he will, as he has earned a head coaching shot) that guy really gets it!
monkey
Legacy

Re: Good news! Quinn likely to stay at least for now

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:13 pm

Agreed. I like Quinn's style better than Bradley's.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:48 pm

I think the general conscientious was that on this board, many believed with the talent level of this defense playing "afraid" cost the Seahawks some games last season ( the worst of which ended their season prematurely)...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:49 am

Good news, indeed.

Quinn will get his shot, but I'm glad he will continue to handle the defensive part of this machine we got going right now.
Naturally, Bevell remains the bigger question mark, though seeing how we're in the Super Bowl it doesn't lend itself to seeing him let go by season's end.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:40 am

Zorn76 wrote:Good news, indeed.

Quinn will get his shot, but I'm glad he will continue to handle the defensive part of this machine we got going right now.
Naturally, Bevell remains the bigger question mark, though seeing how we're in the Super Bowl it doesn't lend itself to seeing him let go by season's end.

Agreed, Quinn will be around unless some rinky dink college with a lot of money swoops in. I doubt that.
Under Quinn we have an identity. With Bradley we did not. Bevell? Now that is the 100 million dollar question.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:12 am

Eaglehawk wrote:
Zorn76 wrote:Good news, indeed.

Agreed, Quinn will be around unless some rinky dink college with a lot of money swoops in. I doubt that.
Under Quinn we have an identity. With Bradley we did not. Bevell? Now that is the 100 million dollar question.

All the major colleges are set with their HC's, so unless there's a scandal like what happened with Mike Price a few years back, it's not happening this year.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum