Revealing?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Revealing?

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:35 pm

A pretty good press conference with Bevell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uF_omk0VjM

What caught my ear started at about 6:53. He says "we" repeatedly, after being asked about the running game. Most telling, "we decided to do other things."

WE? Who is WE? He is the offensive coordinator.

This makes me wonder about how much Carroll and Cable are actually dictating the offense.

I may be overthinking it, but it is at least curious.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Re: Revealing?

Postby Zorn76 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:12 pm

IMO, the "We" is, among other things, a subtle attempt to deflect responsibility. I dunno. Maybe Bevell is saying that Carroll is complicit in the offensive game plan:)

Either way, be great to open up a fresh can of OC and OL coach next spring.
A guy can dream, anyway.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:19 pm

Cable is the Assistant HC and is responsible for the run game along with the OL.
It's why I wonder what other potential OC would want this job if they didn't have control.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:23 pm

I still feel Bevell tries to deflect blame from himself often like when he tried to say Lockette "didn't go strong to the ball." He should have known Lockette wasn't a receiver that went strong to the ball often or was very good in tight quarters. It's why he wasn't a starter and on the end of the depth chart with amazing physical measurables. He just didn't want to accept that his bad decision was the primary reason we lost.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:01 am

We....... is the reason things are the way they are. Nobody has been replaced for too many years. The league has caught up with the Hawks and has now passed them.

It seems merely "OK" to start off slow and is expected all the while saying "we're dissapointed".

They built and run this team for this style of offense and defense and frankly, I don't know if a change could make it better.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:55 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:I still feel Bevell tries to deflect blame from himself often like when he tried to say Lockette "didn't go strong to the ball." He should have known Lockette wasn't a receiver that went strong to the ball often or was very good in tight quarters. It's why he wasn't a starter and on the end of the depth chart with amazing physical measurables. He just didn't want to accept that his bad decision was the primary reason we lost.

This right here^^^^^^^
I felt Bevell should have been fired directly after the SB and even more so when he threw Lock under the bus. Ricardo Lockette was the LEAST responsible person for that turnover. Bevell called as stupid a play for the personnel grouping as possibly imaginable. Kearse got welded by goon Browner so bad Browner was actually able to reach over and just get a finger full of jersey on Lock at the same time. So Kearse goes backwards and gets absolutely no rub on Butler giving him a free run over the top. Last, and most important Russ threw a high wide soft pass. Lockette was laid out in midair going for it and Butler got there at the same time. If Russ puts the ball right on Lockette with some zip on it its a TD or pass interference.
But it was a fire able offense for the OC. No play action. No threat of Lynch. No using Wilsons versatility. Just a one receiver route over the middle from the one.

No other OC around the league has had more chances. Its mystifying. Its going to be the end of Carroll someday.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum