Apathy

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Apathy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:29 am

I've searched two different forums this morning and no one has started a game day thread at all. I see fewer and fewer posts than ever before about the team. Is this proof that there is apathy toward the season? Maybe, maybe not. Nonetheless, the overall enthusiasm for the team seems to be a bit muted to me.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:51 am

It's closer to trepidation on my part.
I don't know what this team is going to do from game to game this year.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:19 pm

Well, we just moved and are basically trying to find like....everything so I'm pretty much been BUSY.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:17 am

idhawkman wrote:I've searched two different forums this morning and no one has started a game day thread at all. I see fewer and fewer posts than ever before about the team. Is this proof that there is apathy toward the season? Maybe, maybe not. Nonetheless, the overall enthusiasm for the team seems to be a bit muted to me.

I'm down in Las Vegas for the weekend, and I saw remarkably fewer Seahawk jerseys on game day than I have in previous November trips. We are still well represented, with far, far more evidence of support than other west coast teams like the Niners, Cards, Rams, and Chargers. But there is no mistaking that the feeling is different than in past seasons. It used to be that on game day, I couldn't walk 200 feet down The Strip without a "Go Hawks" or a fist bump/high 5 and the bars were filled with Hawks fans. But not so yesterday.

On a lighter note, despite having their best team in over a decade, I saw ZERO Rams jerseys despite the fact that they are geographically closer than any other team save the Chargers, of whom I also saw ZERO jerseys.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:56 am

You probably saw fewer jerseys all together (all teams). The NFL is in a quagmire that they don't know how to get out of.
idhawkman
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum