The Week After

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

The Week After

Postby idhawkman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:51 am

Teams must still look at playing the Hawks as a SuperBowl in the middle of the season because the following week they all have a let down and lose. Surprisingly, SF did the best on their next game after playing us. Maybe that is because it was on a Thursday after playing us.

Titans really got walloped though.

I still can't watch these protesting buffoons live though.
idhawkman
Legacy

Re: The Week After

Postby Stream Hawk » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Interesting that we still have that effect on opponents. It may be an anomaly lately, though.

I know you are a legendary PI/Shack member, so no disrespect. I am a little confused about your protest comment. You don't watch the Hawks live because some of them silent protest? Or the entire NFL because some of them silent protest? I just don't understand why watching them live vs. recorded makes a difference; you obviously still are a Hawk fan and care how the team is performing.
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:00 am

idhawkman wrote:Teams must still look at playing the Hawks as a SuperBowl in the middle of the season because the following week they all have a let down and lose. Surprisingly, SF did the best on their next game after playing us. Maybe that is because it was on a Thursday after playing us.

Titans really got walloped though.

I still can't watch these protesting buffoons live though.

Seeing the Titans, a team that pretty much had their way with us, get their arses handed to them by a team that we play later this the month is alarming. I initially had put a check mark under the W column for the Texans game, now I'm not so sure. Houston played New England tough, too.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:36 am

Stream Hawk wrote:Interesting that we still have that effect on opponents. It may be an anomaly lately, though.

I know you are a legendary PI/Shack member, so no disrespect. I am a little confused about your protest comment. You don't watch the Hawks live because some of them silent protest? Or the entire NFL because some of them silent protest? I just don't understand why watching them live vs. recorded makes a difference; you obviously still are a Hawk fan and care how the team is performing.

Oh, that's simple. All cable and satellite companies know how many people actually play the commercials live. They know who records them and watches the commercials later, etc. Based on the number of eyeballs, the networks sell commercial time to sponsors. Fewer eyeballs means less money they can charge for the commercial space. Less money means less money bid on game rights to the NFL. With less network money going to the NFL, the teams get less salary cap. So in the end, the players get paid less.

The number one rule in the NFL for players is to "Not mess with another player's money". Well, the kneelers are messing with every other player's money and when that becomes apparent, the effected players will tell the kneelers to knock it off.

Yes, I am a fan of the Seahawks and used to be of the NFL and it is very difficult for me to skip the Seahawks games live. But for two weeks now, I have not tuned in to any pre-game shows, watched any NFL channel during the week nor any other games (e.g. Monday night, AFC games, etc.).
idhawkman
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum