Injury report

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Injury report

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:58 pm

A bruised HEART? ... Jeebus

Rees Odhiambo thought to have bruised heart; Chris Carson has broken leg
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2089 ... breaks-leg

Way too bad about Chris, but it's not as though we don't have any other RB's on the roster.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Injury report

Postby Uppercut » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:50 pm

How the heck did Walter Payton do it?
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Seahawkgal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Just read that it is not a bruised heart. A bruised sternum.
Seahawkgal
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Seahawkgal wrote:Just read that it is not a bruised heart. A bruised sternum.

Welcome Seahawkgal, glad to see some new posters here lately.
Bruised Sternum sounds much better, but it's gotta hurt.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:56 am

Losing Chris Carson sucks. He was looking like Thomas Rawls did two seasons ago. Rawls is going to have to step it up. He's been pretty hit or miss of late, mostly miss. Time to suck it up. I'm glad Odie's injury isn't as bad as was feared, but losing another left tackle just before a game where historically our OL has struggled mightily is depressing.

My 2-3 start prediction is a little like a visit from the ghost of Christmas future. Ugh.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:16 am

Seahawkgal wrote:Just read that it is not a bruised heart. A bruised sternum.

Andrea????

Welcome. This place is way better than the alternative. People are jumping ship over there.

Also, Avril is going to be out a while with "neck stingers".
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Seahawkgal » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:23 am

Largent80 wrote:Andrea????

Welcome. This place is way better than the alternative. People are jumping ship over there.

Also, Avril is going to be out a while with "neck stingers".

Yep. They are leaving big time over at .NET. The same ole negative nelly's are driving them away I think. I still check in and post once in a blue moon but the place has really lost it's integrity and fun. I have been spending more time at Hawkscast(https://forum.hawkscast.com/) and I just arrived here. I checked into .NET today and somebody is trying to start a Rams look-a-like thread. Of course, I had to point out that it won't be the same without Largent80. :lol:

Back to topic; Last week really HURT. Sucks big time about Carson and Avril. This blows but it's football. I am hoping Lacy and McKissick really step and the OLine keeps improving. Tobin looks like he could be the starter at LT this week. This game is going to be VERY tough and it's on grass-WHICH SUCKS!!!!
Seahawkgal
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:37 am

Smith made a great play when he got in there. If he can rush like that it might help take up some of the slack from losing Cliff.

McKissic has some juice, and supposedly Prosise may be back this week. LT is a big concern.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:43 am

Don't forget, we also have Mike Davis on the practice squad.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:19 am

I thought Davis showed some promise in the pre-season.
He has some jump and power a little like Rawls in style.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Re: Injury report *UPDATE*

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:56 pm

Odiambo's has a bruised sternum, not a bruised heart, and while Pete said he's not sure what that means for this week it shouldn't go beyond that.

Carson is having surgery typical for this severe a high ankle sprain, sounds like the lower leg fracture is secondary. He may be available late in the season.

Avril is the big worry now with neck stingers that could be a more serious spine injury, they are going to "take their time" evaluating him and there is no time line for his return.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:22 am

We've been hit with the broken leg bug the last 2 years. I don't recall 2 starters getting them in 1 year let alone 3 starters in 20 games.
Let's hope that's the end of it.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:10 am

Also, Shead will be able to practice with the team after this game and can actually play after the 6th game.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Injury report *UPDATE*

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:02 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Odiambo's has a bruised sternum, not a bruised heart, and while Pete said he's not sure what that means for this week it shouldn't go beyond that.

Carson is having surgery typical for this severe a high ankle sprain, sounds like the lower leg fracture is secondary. He may be available late in the season.

Avril is the big worry now with neck stingers that could be a more serious spine injury, they are going to "take their time" evaluating him and there is no time line for his return.

Odhiambo practiced today (Wed) so he may play on Sunday.
Avril may be out for an extended period of time.
They re-signed Quinton Jefferson fwiw. I guess for depth and he knows what is expected of him here.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:04 pm

Welcome aboard, Seahawkgal - it is always nice to see new posters.

I was just driving and heard on Sirius NFL that Cliff's injuries "may even be career ending." I'm not sure if Jim Miller was guessing or what, but I heard a similar comment from someone on 710 in the last 24 hours. Here is to hoping Cliff is OK long term as a human being. He's surely been one of my favorite Hawks in the last few years.

It's a bummer about Chris, too. Sounds like the fracture below the knee was nada compared to the high ankle sprain. Pete said he came through surgery fine; they went in to stabilize the joint and shore things up. He said he will ultimately be ok.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:26 pm

Avril's injury may be more serious than we know.

From PFT:

"Asked if Avril’s injury could be a long-term thing, Carroll answered, “Could be. Could be.”

“Like I’m saying, we’re going very slowly and making sure that he takes the opportunity to talk to as many people as he needs to talk to so he knows what he’s got and what we need to do with it and we’re just going to take care of him and make sure that he’s well. And if he wants to come back, and we want to bring him back, we’ll let you know when we know but right now we don’t,” Carroll said

And if he wants to come back..
That sounds ominous to me.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:25 am

The Avril thing is bad for Seattle but worse for Cliff. You can maybe be a QB with a bad neck if You're Peyton Manning but a rush D end? Not a chance. It sounds like this may not have been the first issue he has had with stingers.

Watch out for Frank Clark though. Carroll says hes excited to get more snaps. Next man up....
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:56 am

I was thinking that Avril's replacement was on the team now anyways. I feel real bad for Cliff as he's been a great part of this defense. I kind of liked what I saw from Smith and then there is always Clark and Bennett. I think it is one of our deepest positions going into the season.

Did Rees practice yesterday? Was he full go or LP?
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:45 am

idhawkman wrote:I was thinking that Avril's replacement was on the team now anyways. I feel real bad for Cliff as he's been a great part of this defense. I kind of liked what I saw from Smith and then there is always Clark and Bennett. I think it is one of our deepest positions going into the season.

Did Rees practice yesterday? Was he full go or LP?

Rees practiced yesterday and according to Carroll is on schedule to play on Sunday.
However, if he re-injures it, or has a flare up, who knows.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:04 am

I think having Lane out is a blessing as we have Coleman who gave us a DB pick 6 for the first time in eons. Plus Griffin is just soooo good for a rookie CB.

We get Thorpe back for ST and backup DB. Special teams has been anything BUT in a downward trend the last 3 years. We need to improve big time there. We have had many punts downed within the 10 yet have hardly been able to do that ourselves, and we now have a kicker that doesn't have a feeling of confidence.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:41 am

Largent80 wrote:I think having Lane out is a blessing as we have Coleman who gave us a DB pick 6 for the first time in eons. Plus Griffin is just soooo good for a rookie CB.

We get Thorpe back for ST and backup DB. Special teams has been anything BUT in a downward trend the last 3 years. We need to improve big time there. We have had many punts downed within the 10 yet have hardly been able to do that ourselves, and we now have a kicker that doesn't have a feeling of confidence.

I think the focus on our kickers has been lacking for quite some time now. Ryan rarely gets the punt inside the 10 to even give the coverage team the opportunity to down it inside the 10. Ever since Lockette got hurt, we really haven't had a good gunner on punt coverage.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:47 am

idhawkman wrote:I think the focus on our kickers has been lacking for quite some time now. Ryan rarely gets the punt inside the 10 to even give the coverage team the opportunity to down it inside the 10. Ever since Lockette got hurt, we really haven't had a good gunner on punt coverage.

Yea, but Ryan is a great open field runner! :lol:
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:08 am

Prosise out (sounds familiar) and we promote DE Jackson....http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/10/07 ... ch-lillard
Largent80
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum