Rodgers likely to miss season

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Rodgers likely to miss season

Postby Stream Hawk » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:24 pm

Not really ot since this has huge seeding implications for Hawks.

It’s too bad for him and the pack. He’s a great guy and best qb likely ever. Huge blow to the league
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Re: Rodgers likely to miss season

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:56 pm

Gee that's too bad.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:00 pm

Don't care for Rodgers, but don't wish injuries on anyone. Hopefully he makes it back this season.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:37 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Don't care for Rodgers, but don't wish injuries on anyone. Hopefully he makes it back this season.

Exactly, minus the "hope he makes it back" part. If he's out, I hope he stays out.

That said, a broken bone might be preferable to soft tissue damage- they heal faster and on a more predictable schedule. He'll have to keep that shoulder nearly 100% immobile, though, so the day the cast comes off isn't going to be anywhere near the day he's back on the field.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:13 pm

Too bad, however, we have our fair share of injuries so I'm not heartbroken.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:15 pm

This single-handedly change the landscape of the entire conference.
With Rodgers, GB was always a threat to make a run in the playoffs.

Now, they're good as sunk. Doubt the backup rallies them for rest of season. Too much to ask. Couple of games, maybe. But this, lol, no.

From Captain Rodgers to pvt Hundley.
Tough break.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:46 pm

I sports hate Rodgers as much as I sports hate anyone. But this sux. I hate to see anyone injured and I want to beat them in the playoffs, again.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:46 am

Hawk Sista wrote:I sports hate Rodgers as much as I sports hate anyone. But this sux. I hate to see anyone injured and I want to beat them in the playoffs, again.

I think Rogers is a good guy and a great QB, but I given our luck with injuries over the years, I am not going to cry about it.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:53 am

Hawk Sista wrote:I sports hate Rodgers as much as I sports hate anyone. But this sux. I hate to see anyone injured and I want to beat them in the playoffs, again.

That's kinda how I feel about it, too, although I don't have quite as much angst for Rodgers as I do Tom Brady. And, of course, it's inhuman to wish an injury on a law abiding fellow citizen. They have families just as we do.

I've always wanted to beat teams at their full strength so there's no excuses for them losing to us. In SB 49, the last thing I wanted was for Brady to be suspended over Deflate gate.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:16 am

I never wish injury on a person regardless of their arrogance like Rodgers shows. I absolutely hate his bush-league antics of quick snaps to get free plays and his incessant hard counts. That said, I still don't wish injury on him.

Now that he is hurt, I doubt we even get into a head to head tie breaker with GB now. Our other loss is to an AFC team. So for seeding purposes, we just need to win more games or the same number of games as anyone else in our division and conference. We still have Atlanta and Philly to play and we need to win both of those games.

Its a long season and injuries are definitely a part of it. The fate of every team is laid on the line each and every week. The days of Earl Moral stepping on the field and carrying the water for a team are well gone bye in this pass happy league. Tough games on our schedule can become easy games and vice versa all depending on injuries.

Its almost like the healthiest team at the end of the year most likely will win it all.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:50 am

Health always plays a big role in getting to the Super Bowl.
Sometimes teams are deep enough to overcome a few injuries, but usually key players being injured cost teams important games.

PFT is trying to suggest the NFL take away the type of hit that Rodgers took on QB's. I'm not sure how the line can be drawn as a DL can be in motion when the QB lets the ball go and might not be able to stop.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:05 am

burrrton
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum