Graham is worthless

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Graham is worthless

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:06 pm

Ball hits him in the guts and he drops in right in the endzone!! what a bust trade.
obiken
Legacy

Re: Graham is worthless

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Release the bum...
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:30 pm

curmudgeon wrote:Release the bum...

No you cant but next he has to go, he cant catch now and he cannot block.
obiken
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:34 pm

Holy sht- just caught up to the wide open drop.

The endzone drop should have been caught, but Wilson should have put that pass up high- I'll split the blame.

This last drop running open, though? Ouch.

[edit]

Oh, and by the way- Wilson has caused half the pressure problems so far. The pressure causing the intentional grounding was his 100% his fault for instance.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:08 pm

burrrton wrote:Holy sht- just caught up to the wide open drop.

The endzone drop should have been caught, but Wilson should have put that pass up high- I'll split the blame.

This last drop running open, though? Ouch.

[edit]

Oh, and by the way- Wilson has caused half the pressure problems so far. The pressure causing the intentional grounding was his 100% his fault for instance.

LOL of course it is, and yes half the blame I mean no Wr or Te should catch a ball that hits them in their stomach LOL. You forgot where it was Wilsons fault Rawls fumbles, and Wilsons fault was Graham dropper the other pass that hit him in his hands. LOL Oh and all the this he took today which was a lot that was his fault to, he should know he needs to throw and then block and then also go catch it. LOL

Now all joking aside the 2 long throws he overthrew that was on him. The rest of the plays your complaining about sorry nope. have a great day we won!!
Anthony
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:18 pm

LOL

My sentiments exactly, Anthony-who-also-defended-Wilson-at-all-costs-on-another-site-but-who-totally-isn't-that-Anthony.

Yeah, no skittish QB would ever run into trouble rather than hanging in the pocket as long as possible. Can't happen, right?

Dude, admitting Wilson has been scared into running into bad situations isn't a knock on you- it shows you can evaluate the damn game like somebody who's been watching it forever and who *doesn't* have their nose buried so deep in RW's jockstrap they can taste his dinner.

I've made my fondness for our QB well known, but you need to get over your crush. Jesus.

Now all joking aside the 2 long throws he overthrew that was on him.

Hm. I'll review, but I think I thought (at the time) one was but the other was pressured.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:27 pm

Graham was worthless for 2 quarters (just ask my wife and kids (and grandkids and neighbors ...), but he atoned in the other 2 quarters.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:40 pm

I think he's done a fair job this year. We are not paying him to be fair though. I am not ready to sit him and let Luke come in for him but I'm not terribly interested in resigning him after his contract expires this year.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:19 pm

[quote="burrrton"

Hm. I'll review, but I think I thought (at the time) one was but the other was pressured.[/quote]

and you missed the whole sarcasm at your post, says it all, only you could blame the Qb for throwing the ball at the Wr stomach and him dropping it, and then miss the sarcasm. You made you disdain for facts well known you might try them and get over yourself.

FYI you can review all you want, will not change the fact he overthrew them and had time or the fact Graham dropped 2 balls throw right in his hands. OR that you still like to blame Rw for everything, I can go on but you get it or maybe not since you did miss the sarcasm in my original post and then tried to bait me with BS.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:06 pm

You made you disdain for facts well known you might try them and get over yourself.

Sorry, everyone- I might have made me disdain for facts well known I might try them and get over myself.

Apologies to all. I'll be better moving forward.

Thanks for getting me straightened out, Soooo-Not-The-Other_Site_Anthony. You don't take criticism of RW personally *at all*, and your writing style isn't recognizable in any way, shape, or form. Don't know where everyone got that. :)
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:03 pm

burrrton wrote:
Sorry, everyone- I might have made me disdain for facts well known I might try them and get over myself.

Apologies to all. I'll be better moving forward.

Thanks for getting me straightened out, Soooo-Not-The-Other_Site_Anthony. You don't take criticism of RW personally *at all*, and your writing style isn't recognizable in any way, shape, or form. Don't know where everyone got that. :)

lol I really enjoyed that show you just put on. Not very believable but very funny.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:57 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Graham was worthless for 2 quarters (just ask my wife and kids (and grandkids and neighbors ...), but he atoned in the other 2 quarters.

Wouldnt you know it CB the moment I post a whine, he has the best game of the season!! I still dont see him back.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:42 am

obiken wrote:Wouldnt you know it CB the moment I post a whine, he has the best game of the season!! I still dont see him back.

Good job, obi!

You're probably right regarding your 2nd sentence. Regardless of what you fell about the trade, he's not worth what we would have to pay to get him back.

I had to work all day yesterday, so I didn't get to see the game outside some graphical representations on the ESPN website, and it will take me the rest of the week to get through my recording of it. But it would seem to me that I should have ignored last Sunday's result in Denver as before that game, I had this one firmly in the W column and afterwards, began to question my original observation. Looks like the D took care of business.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:45 am

I tend to agree that this is Jimmy's last year as a Seahawk, as much as he is still the best TE this team has ever had, we just need his $$ elsewhere.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:29 am

If we just had an OC that could...:)

Jimmy needs to go, but I've come away from his time here with a whole lot more respect than when he was a Saint. He flourished like that fancy fleur on their helmet w Brees, but I love that we shut him down before he came here.

Didn't quite work out the way everyone hoped.
He knew his numbers would drop considerably by coming here, and they have.
But I liked the signing, and the injury he overcame just to be playing again speaks volumes about the guy's integrity and heart.

I think he ends up in GB next season.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:55 am

Yah, I think he ends up on a team with an Offensive HC. I hope it's not the Rams as they would know how to use him properly.
My take on his issues this year is he's trying to make every play a big one because the Offense is struggling so much.
Players making top $$ often try to do too much when they get the chance and either drop passes or fumble. It's not like Rawls who's just itchen
to get out there and can't wait to perform so he makes mistakes.

That money could go towards keeping Richardson should he want to stay.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:09 am

Riv- the D took care of business, you are correct. With their top 4 WRs out, there was just no way that the D was going to lose this game. The nice thing was the offensive output and control of the clock. Had there not been 3 KEY drops and the fumble, the score would have been like 37 - 0, which is more how the game felt to me. Because our D is so good and they were so injured, this W felt more on the O to me. Frustrating first half play-calling for sure, but we controlled TOP and were moving the ball. (BTW, the OPI on the Lockett TD was a bad call).

We beat a struggling and injured team on the East Coast. I feel better, however, after seeing a glimmer of offensive hope.

As for Jimmy - the drops were on him... the 2nd was much worse than the first. The first was contested and the placement wasn’t ideal. Still, worthless is flat out untrue and as you have noted, an early overreaction. I concur w/ Bob. Jimmy G. is frankly the BEST TE we have EVER had, but he is likely to cost too much to keep. He will go to another team and be an all star, mark my words.
Last edited by Hawk Sista on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 am

Not very believable but very funny.

Heh. Ok, I'll try to make it more "believable" next time.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:11 am

c_hawkbob wrote:I tend to agree that this is Jimmy's last year as a Seahawk, as much as he is still the best TE this team has ever had, we just need his $$ elsewhere.

CB he is like the brand new car you always wanted then when you are 19, you finally get it. Turns out it is a lemon, a auto shop special, I just hoped for more.
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:12 am

c_hawkbob wrote:I tend to agree that this is Jimmy's last year as a Seahawk, as much as he is still the best TE this team has ever had, we just need his $$ elsewhere.

CB he is like the brand new car you always wanted then when you are 19, you finally get it. Turns out it is a lemon, a auto shop special, I just hoped for more.
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:30 am

I think the analogy is you bought a shiny new car then put it in the field and tried to haul hay with it.
We've tried to turn a great pass catching TE into a blocker instead of maximizing his advantages.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:22 pm

yup. We got the Ferrari, but we have someone with macular degeneration driving it. Don't blame the car.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:23 pm

Jimmy Graham plays like a guy who desperately wants to move on to a different team. Never should have traded for him if we weren't going to use him the same way NO used him. Heck, ever since he lost in arbitration when he said he was a WR and not a TE so he would have a higher FT #.

JG would have played he fanny off if we would have lined him up as a WR, that's what he is anyway, but typical PC always trying to pound a round peg into a square hole, or was it a triangle???

P.S. Burton; I am sure Anthony doesn't need anyone to stick up for him but your bullying him is getting really old and shame on those of you who either don't speak up are just condoning it and those of you who join in shame on you too. I wonder how many of you have had a bunch of people "gang up" on you? Why do you think it is cool??
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:25 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Jimmy Graham plays like a guy who desperately wants to move on to a different team. Never should have traded for him if we weren't going to use him the same way NO used him. Heck, ever since he lost in arbitration when he said he was a WR and not a TE so he would have a higher FT #.

JG would have played he fanny off if we would have lined him up as a WR, that's what he is anyway, but typical PC always trying to pound a round peg into a square hole, or was it a triangle???

P.S. Burton; I am sure Anthony doesn't need anyone to stick up for him but your bullying him is getting really old and shame on those of you who either don't speak up are just condoning it and those of you who join in shame on you too. I wonder how many of you have had a bunch of people "gang up" on you? Why do you think it is cool??

I didn't like the trade, either, for several reasons: We gave up a Pro Bowl center without any plan to replace him other than Cable shouting "next man up!", and we gave up a high draft choice. Graham was not a good fit for our run first, don't put the defense in a bad position offense, at least not as an in line tight end, unless we had a plan to take advantage of his skills, which it appears that we have not done anything out of the ordinary to highlight him. But it hasn't been a bust of a trade, either. The positives don't quite outweigh the negatives, but it isn't a total failure and the ending chapter has yet to be written.

Anthony has tossed out his share of taunts. Personally, I've backed off a bit as I don't want to discourage participation, but no one should feel sorry for him. Anyone that claims that Russell Wilson had ZERO responsibility for the SB 49 pick deserves a verbal harpooning.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:29 am

Anthony has tossed out his share of taunts.

We've survived worse River. Tailgator, Duckbman, and the infamous: Phili45! Not to mention Dumbo Rambo.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:24 am

obiken wrote:We've survived worse River. Tailgator, Duckbman, and the infamous: Phili45! Not to mention Dumbo Rambo.

Yea, tailgator was the worst. The mods at the old PI forum were non existent as that guy ran off a number of good posters.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:16 am

So you acknowledge Anthony doesn't need anyone sticking up for him (no kidding?), but then you not only stick up for him but want to rally everyone else to do so, too.

Newsflash: He's not your retarded little brother, and I don't pull punches. My tone crosses over in to mocking way too often, but he can handle it. If you can't, you know where the mute button is.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:58 am

Ian Rapoport ✔@RapSheet
#Seahawks continue the push to trade for a veteran LT. A player they’d consider moving for cap reasons — TE Jimmy Graham. They’ve had talks.
7:20 AM - Oct 29, 2017
130 130 Replies 582 582 Retweets 1,279 1,279 likes
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:36 am

c_hawkbob wrote:Ian Rapoport ✔@RapSheet
#Seahawks continue the push to trade for a veteran LT. A player they’d consider moving for cap reasons — TE Jimmy Graham. They’ve had talks.
7:20 AM - Oct 29, 2017
130 130 Replies 582 582 Retweets 1,279 1,279 likes

I've been seeing this and on the ticker on the tv but with the Eagles also looking for a LT and them thinking it is their year, I think it will be hard to get a good LT. Any team willing to give up their LT will most likely play us against the Eagles and it will turn into a bidding war that we can't win.

This also may be a good ploy by Schneider to drive up the cost to the Eagles knowing we have no chance to sign a quality LT better than what we have there now.

In my opinion, the RG and RT need more upgrading than LT on our oline.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:05 pm

Worthless for the GAME WINNING TOUCHDOWN. As well as another TD.

I'm thinking....NOT WORTHLESS.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:07 pm

my big b**** about him is his lack of end-zone "up for grabs" type plays. The best TE's make their own space. He doesn't really do that, but on route running TD's like today, he did his job.
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:22 am

It seems to me that Russell doesn't always take advantage of Grahams height in the end zone and when he does he overthrows him more than he should. I think a lot more practice is in order for the fade to work and to take advantages of mismatches in size, but they should also put in McEvoy and Vannett as one of them will surely have a shorter DB covering him and they are 6'6" each.
It's a matchup league. Make it to your advantage.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Old but Slow wrote:Early on, Graham posted his man up in the end zone and Russell threw it out of bounds. That is the type of play where Graham is dominant. Russell is reluctant to throw that since the DB is so close. He needs to learn to trust that Graham will make the play.

Agree completely.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:23 pm

That's what makes me so happy about this past game. RW was letting loose with the ball and not trying to aim it so much. Yes, he missed the jump ball and maybe could have made a bit better throw to Rawls in the end zone but those are far outweighed by the long throws he let fly. I see him letting it go again which is what I think he needed ever since the GB NFCCG and the SB 49.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:48 pm

I don't know why it has taken so long for Graham and Wilson to finally get on the same page, but I believe it has finally happened. I had started to think that maybe J.G. had wanted out of town and maybe was just going through the motions counting the games until the end of the season. I even found his histrionic gyrations those few times he would make a play suspect. I mean, I could hardly fault Russell if he had started to ignore JG after he had dropped what appeared to be catchable balls.

But, maybe in was just as simple as Wilson trusting that his guy (Graham) would win the battle with the defender especially if he put the ball where he could "post up" said defender.

If J.G. is becoming a reliable weapon for RW then that will strike fear into apposing defenses which can only be good.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:54 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:I don't know why it has taken so long for Graham and Wilson to finally get on the same page, but I believe it has finally happened. I had started to think that maybe J.G. had wanted out of town and maybe was just going through the motions counting the games until the end of the season. I even found his histrionic gyrations those few times he would make a play suspect. I mean, I could hardly fault Russell if he had started to ignore JG after he had dropped what appeared to be catchable balls.

But, maybe in was just as simple as Wilson trusting that his guy (Graham) would win the battle with the defender especially if he put the ball where he could "post up" said defender.

If J.G. is becoming a reliable weapon for RW then that will strike fear into apposing defenses which can only be good.

The reason is the differences in the Saints offense vs. ours. Graham was not a good fit, and his role had to be developed. He had to learn how to block, especially since his arrival coincided with the OL's decent into the abyss. We didn't have plays developed for him and unlike his previous QB Drew Brees, Russell wasn't throwing the ball in a manner that would allow him to take advantage of his big frame.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum