101% OF THE OFFENSE

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

101% OF THE OFFENSE

Postby Anthony » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:49 pm

So for today, Russel was 26/41, 63%, 11ypa, 452 yards 4tds and 1 int and there were 3 dropped catchable balls 1 that was a td and a Qb rating of 123.2. Now add to that another 30 yards rushing and you get 482. Keep in mind without Rws rushing we were 17 for 3 yards rushing.

As a team we had 479 yards of offense, Rw by himself had 482. Add tot hat no help form run game, 3 drops and 120 yards in penalties, while the defense gave up 38 points. That's how you carry a team, and that is the definition of Elite.

Through 7 games Rw has 2008 yards, 15 tds 4 ints, Complt 63.5, 7.8 ypa, Qb rating 98.8 and 194 rushing yards 5.3 ypa, 1 td
Anthony
Legacy

Re: 101% OF THE OFFENSE

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:35 pm

Nothing to argue with there!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby The POPE » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:20 pm

You made no mention of the catches the receivers did make to help Rus pile up those stats. He played well but he didn’t do it all on his own. The defense played poorly, but also came away with 3 picks, just enough to help seal the deal. the end result is the total of the whole, not just one. When I watch a game I watch the Seahawks...not just Russell. Remember, worshiping false gods is a sin. A matter of fact it is the #1 commandment. See you in the confessional.
The Pope
The POPE
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:27 pm

The POPE wrote:You made no mention of the catches the receivers did make to help Rus pile up those stats. He played well but he didn’t do it all on his own. The defense played poorly, but also came away with 3 picks, just enough to help seal the deal. the end result is the total of the whole, not just one. When I watch a game I watch the Seahawks...not just Russell. Remember, worshiping false gods is a sin. A matter of fact it is the #1 commandment. See you in the confessional.
The Pope

It is not worshiping to speak the truth you should try it some time. Maybe you should follow your own statement and go to confessional. Simple fact Wilson carried this team the facts show it, so deal with it.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:28 pm

Russell's a bad man.

Defense did score 6 points. For all Russell did, we don't win without Earls' pick six. Receivers did step up today, while the RBs were stepped on.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:54 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Russell's a bad man.

Defense did score 6 points. For all Russell did, we don't win without Earls' pick six. Receivers did step up today, while the RBs were stepped on.

LOL it always amazes me how if the defense plays well and we win it does not matter what the offense does we won by Defense, or if a defensive player plays well its all about him, but when its the offense and specifically Wilson we have to downplay it. Sure glad the players see it for what it is as they all come have out and said RW carried the team. At least they appreciate him. There is a difference between making a play and carrying the team. ET made a play, Rw carried the team.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:21 pm

Anthony wrote:LOL it always amazes me how if the defense plays well and we win it does not matter what the offense does we won by Defense, or if a defensive player plays well its all about him, but when its the offense and specifically Wilson we have to downplay it. Sure glad the players see it for what it is as they all come have out and said RW carried the team. At least they appreciate him. There is a difference between making a play and carrying the team. ET made a play, Rw carried the team.

As Russell would tell you, this is a team game. He's not throwing to himself. No player carries the team or wins alone in football or any team sport. Period.

Russell had a great day. No one denies it. You can't seem to accept when he has bad days. You make excuse after excuse after excuse.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:43 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:
As Russell would tell you, this is a team game. He's not throwing to himself. No player carries the team or wins alone in football or any team sport. Period.

Russell had a great day. No one denies it. You can't seem to accept when he has bad days. You make excuse after excuse after excuse.

hmm and yet I was saying how he missed 2 wide open guys last week, meanwhile you are still double talking, so if this is team game when he plays great, then it must be when he plays bad, yet you only say it when he plays well hmm.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:58 pm

Tony; I believe, unless I am mistaken, that you were pointing out that RW is an elite QB whereas most of the pundits don't put him into the same category as Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Brees. They will of course now search to find that one or two that do ignoring the word "most". Just keep pointing out their hypocrisy, it drives them nuts. Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, for their next act they will claim we are one in the same...

It is sad that they feel the need to bully others, maybe they do it in order to validate themselves.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:28 am

Anthony wrote:hmm and yet I was saying how he missed 2 wide open guys last week, meanwhile you are still double talking, so if this is team game when he plays great, then it must be when he plays bad, yet you only say it when he plays well hmm.

I rarely say anything bad about Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson is a stud.

You're so psychotic about supporting him that you take anything you deem even slightly critical of Wilson and start repetitively posting across several different forums. It's pretty nutty.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:30 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Tony; I believe, unless I am mistaken, that you were pointing out that RW is an elite QB whereas most of the pundits don't put him into the same category as Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Brees. They will of course now search to find that one or two that do ignoring the word "most". Just keep pointing out their hypocrisy, it drives them nuts. Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, for their next act they will claim we are one in the same...

It is sad that they feel the need to bully others, maybe they do it in order to validate themselves.

What rich hypocrisy that last statement.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:30 am

Yea, it will be a cold day in hell when Anthony makes a complete post that includes the negative parts of Russell's game and/or highlight efforts made by our receivers or OL (which gave him an above average amount of time) to go along with his usual blowing of smoke up Russell's hind end.

Russell played a great game yesterday, statistically the best of his career, but to be fair, he nearly lost it for us when he threw a very ill advised pick late in the 4th quarter, and either through instruction from Bevell or his own decision making, had lots of opportunities to keep the ball and make some substantial yardage off the read option, perhaps open things up for our running backs.

But I'm not complaining, as IMO Russell's negatives were far outweighed by his positives.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:12 am

That win was Russell Wilson, nobody else.
The Defense had one of, if not its worst day in the last 5 years and the Offense couldn't run the ball.

Consider Wilson threw for 450+ yards and the team could only muster 33 yards running. Oh yeah, Wilson ran for 31 of those rushing yards, so in reality the Offense ran for 2 net yards.
Wilson was the Offense on Sunday, even if he did make some mistakes.

Another observation is that the pass blocking is better than the run blocking.
It doesn't usually work that way, but it has to be fixed. We can't consistently win with 2 yards by our RB's.
It makes you wonder why we let Alex Collins go as he's leading the league in rushing average and making some real good plays for the Ravens.
I guess it's just another odd evaluation on the Offensive side of the ball.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:13 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Tony; I believe, unless I am mistaken, that you were pointing out that RW is an elite QB whereas most of the pundits don't put him into the same category as Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Brees. They will of course now search to find that one or two that do ignoring the word "most". Just keep pointing out their hypocrisy, it drives them nuts. Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, for their next act they will claim we are one in the same...

I agree with everything you say
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:14 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:
I rarely say anything bad about Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson is a stud.

You're so psychotic about supporting him that you take anything you deem even slightly critical of Wilson and start repetitively posting across several different forums. It's pretty nutty.

LOL and again I go back to were I questioned 2 throws he missed last week, which pretty much makes your statement moot.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:15 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:
What rich hypocrisy that last statement.

Sad no, ,true yes.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:17 am

NorthHawk wrote:That win was Russell Wilson, nobody else.
The Defense had one of, if not its worst day in the last 5 years and the Offense couldn't run the ball.

Consider Wilson threw for 450+ yards and the team could only muster 33 yards running. Oh yeah, Wilson ran for 31 of those rushing yards, so in reality the Offense ran for 2 net yards.
Wilson was the Offense on Sunday, even if he did make some mistakes.

Another observation is that the pass blocking is better than the run blocking.
It doesn't usually work that way, but it has to be fixed. We can't consistently win with 2 yards by our RB's.
It makes you wonder why we let Alex Collins go as he's leading the league in rushing average and making some real good plays for the Ravens.
I guess it's just another odd evaluation on the Offensive side of the ball.

As to Collins I really believe it is about the oline and the oline scheme.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:22 am

RiverDog wrote:Yea, it will be a cold day in hell when Anthony makes a complete post that includes the negative parts of Russell's game and/or highlight efforts made by our receivers or OL (which gave him an above average amount of time) to go along with his usual blowing of smoke up Russell's hind end.

Russell played a great game yesterday, statistically the best of his career, but to be fair, he nearly lost it for us when he threw a very ill advised pick late in the 4th quarter, and either through instruction from Bevell or his own decision making, had lots of opportunities to keep the ball and make some substantial yardage off the read option, perhaps open things up for our running backs.

But I'm not complaining, as IMO Russell's negatives were far outweighed by his positives.

And it will be an even colder day in hell when you post anything good about Wilson without your standard but. FYI yeah you are complaining, if you weren't would not have even said it. It is what you do, find nitpick stuff to complain about with regards to Wilson, You always have and always will. Oh and as to your cold day in hell I guess you did not read or purposely left out were I made a statement about with regards to the 2 wide open guys he missed just last week. Its is pretty pathetic when instead of talking about how great he played you want to talk about what if. Also pretty amazing how when he plays bad according to you, it is him but when he plays well it has to be everyone else.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:35 am

I think RW is a great QB, he's our guy. However, Watson will be the Michael Jordan of the NFL.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:44 am

obiken wrote:I think RW is a great QB, he's our guy. However, Watson will be the Michael Jordan of the NFL.

And he seems to be a great guy as well. He donated his first ever paycheck to hurricane relief, and in doing so, instantly became my favorite non Seahawk player, and yes, he played very well yesterday, especially when you consider he was going up against the best defense in the league in the toughest environment in the league.

But the Michael Jordan of the NFL? He's not going to acquire that status by throwing 3 interceptions.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:01 am

obiken wrote:I think RW is a great QB, he's our guy. However, Watson will be the Michael Jordan of the NFL.

Need to see more of him to say that, lots of guys had 1 good year, first year, not tape. let see how he does next year, way way to early to say he is the M of the NFL
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:10 am

RiverDog wrote:
And he seems to be a great guy as well. He donated his first ever paycheck to hurricane relief, and in doing so, instantly became my favorite non Seahawk player, and yes, he played very well yesterday, especially when you consider he was going up against the best defense in the league in the toughest environment in the league.

But the Michael Jordan of the NFL? He's not going to acquire that status by throwing 3 interceptions.

Holy moly I totally agree with you wow
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:12 pm

We shall see. Same thing has been said about Luck and RG3 and Dak Prescott. It's very hard to do it every year. I don't believe there will ever be a Michael Jordan of the NFL. The closest we've come is Brady. He has five rings in seven trips in 18 years or playing. That is amazing. If Brady wins another ring, he is the Michael Jordan of the NFL. This kid has a long way to go to match Brady.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby The POPE » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:36 pm

It is not worshiping to speak the truth you should try it some time. Maybe you should follow your own statement and go to confessional. Simple fact Wilson carried this team the facts show it, so deal with it.[/quote]

I will be there.....waiting for you.!
The Pope
The POPE
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum