Our Season is over.

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Our Season is over.

Postby obiken » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:20 am

Forget it we are back. We now have an All Pro left tackle!!!
Last edited by obiken on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obiken
Legacy

Re: Our Season is over.

Postby idhawkman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Give it time. We are okay for now. We don't know what will happen going forward.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:26 pm

Obviously Thomas is about as irreplaceable as they come, but it looks encouraging so far, unless there's an update I'm missing.

We're just clutch enough to make any game interesting.
We're not the same team as a few years ago, but the plays are still there as we saw yesterday.
DeShaun Watson reminds me a bit or RW's rookie yr. Just comes into The Clink yesterday and showed no fear. Gotta like the moxie the kid has.

There really is no clear powerhouse in the league. Even the almighty Pats have had their struggles. We sill have a legit shot.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:34 pm

Yup at 5-2 we're definitely cooked. NOT.

The way we came back is a testament to a championship team. I couldn't disagree more.

We haven't been able to run the ball but Bevell pulled out plays that gave us a chance Sunday and the players actually executed them.

Stop with the Eeore stuff.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:44 pm

Largent80 wrote:Yup at 5-2 we're definitely cooked. NOT.

The way we came back is a testament to a championship team. I couldn't disagree more.

We haven't been able to run the ball but Bevell pulled out plays that gave us a chance Sunday and the players actually executed them.

Stop with the Eeore stuff.

I have to agree with you. I think Bevell actually called a wide open game and the offense executed it. I'm mildly shocked at it and hopeful that the team continues it the rest of the season. TEams will stop stacking the box if we can do another game or two of what we saw yesterday. Then the run game can get going. Right now, the entire league knows that PC wants to run first and they are stopping it. We need to get it rolling through the air and then the run game will come through.

For this to work though, we can't sit on a 1 score lead. We need to keep the foot on the gas until we are 3-4 scores up on a team.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:48 pm

DeShaun Watson reminds me a bit or RW's rookie yr. Just comes into The Clink yesterday and showed no fear. Gotta like the moxie the kid has.

It's impossible to not like the kid, and he is big, fast, and can throw the ball very well.

However, what was obvious yesterday (and I thought you could see this better from the stadium than when I watched the game on Tivo) was the HUGE effect their misdirection plays had on our defense. They'd do one of those 'fake the handoff, turn the other way and fake the flip, pull up to throw' plays and it looked like 2/3rds of our defense were faked out of their shoes.

It created tons of time for him on a ton of plays, but it's something I bet DCs figure out eventually.

I could be wrong, but I doubt he'd go for 400 yards against us with a year of scheming and identifying of tendencies.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:52 pm

Even so, the run game does have to get fixed.
In bad weather, it's not so easy to make the plays and we're heading into that time of year.
As well, the run game makes the opposing Defense take note and have to consider not selling out for a pass.
We dodged a bullet yesterday, but don't expect that to happen every week.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:59 pm

Ok, I'll stop with the doom stuff!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Not worried one bit.
The 2nd half push is beginning.
Wide open to not only get to the SB, but win it.
Clem7
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:51 pm

Old but Slow wrote:We just trade for Duane Brown, and that should help.

Is he good?
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:54 pm

Old but Slow wrote:We just trade for Duane Brown, and that should help.

Aseahawkfan wrote:Is he good?

One of the best, even at 32.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:56 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:One of the best, even at 32.

Nice. I haven't heard much about him, which for a LT can be a good thing.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:06 pm

Yeah this makes this whole thread obsolete boys and girls!!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:58 pm

I'm not going to say that our problems are solved and we can make our reservations for the SB. After all, he's one player on a line that as a whole, sucks. But it does give us help where we need it most. Given that at 5-2 we're in just as good of a position as anyone else in the conference, this one addition could get us over the hump.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:32 pm

The F.O. is finally showing a sense of urgency with the OL, to the point where we make a substantial trade to improve the position. It also speaks volumes in term of their 'confidence' with our guys up front. Only Britt and Pocic are the other keepers at this point, and maybe another or so for backup. Otherwise, it's open competition for an area that still needs plenty of work.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:54 am

I want to see the guy play in our scheme before I give him pro bowl status. Cable has ruined a number of free agents and high draft choices.

I hate being the negative nelly but I've seen what we do with Oline talent too many times to not be at least a little cautious.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:31 am

He doesn't need you to give him Pro Bowl status, he'd already earned that for himself. If Cable can't make use of Duane Browns talent I'll finally join you all in bashing the guy.This is the first time he's been given this much talent to work with.

I'll never understand the need to find something to not be happy about with news like this ... like it's a badge of honor to be the wet blanket. There was not a single thing the front office could do at this point of this season to put us in a better position for another Super Bowl run. Nothing! For chrissakes let yourself enjoy it.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:18 am

I was at the game 6 rows up on the 30 yd line. Other than beastquake it’s 1-A best I’ve ever seen live. Russ played the best game of his career. And I guess Bevell deserves some credit but really? They had 5 yards rushing minus Russ and he threw for 450. It works becaus he throws the best deep ball in the league even under duress and he’s got guys who can high point it. Adding Brown this season is starting to have a championship feel. ET is huge though. I hope he’s ok.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:32 am

Holy smokes- there are really people not happy about this move??

Maybe it works great for us, maybe it doesn't, but from all I've read, this is the most talented o-lineman we've had since Big Walt retired. Wait until he's letting Clowney take the handoff (like he could have done Sunday) before getting down on this trade.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:04 am

If he's almost as good as Okung was when healthy it's a bonus, and anything more is gravy, but he should be better than what we've had the last 2 years at least.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:07 am

Like the Richardson move, this is a win-now acquisition by Schneider. All signs point to this panning out and elevating the o-line play, which will be huge. Plus, Wilson restructured his contract to get Brown under the cap, so there's no danger of losing any other players. There's really no down side to this.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:23 am

The Cap room issue next year shouldn't be so much of a problem as we lose Lane's cap figure and add Brown's. I think the difference is about $2 Million which will be easy to cover with the increase in the Salary Cap as well as losing some of the current players such as possibly Graham ($10 million) or if it comes to pass, Avril at about $7.5 Million.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:10 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:He doesn't need you to give him Pro Bowl status, he'd already earned that for himself. If Cable can't make use of Duane Browns talent I'll finally join you all in bashing the guy.This is the first time he's been given this much talent to work with.

I'll never understand the need to find something to not be happy about with news like this ... like it's a badge of honor to be the wet blanket. There was not a single thing the front office could do at this point of this season to put us in a better position for another Super Bowl run. Nothing! For chrissakes let yourself enjoy it.

Fair point Bob. I will be pulling for him all the way and our team. Go Hawks and thanks for the reality check.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:13 pm

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:Like the Richardson move, this is a win-now acquisition by Schneider. All signs point to this panning out and elevating the o-line play, which will be huge. Plus, Wilson restructured his contract to get Brown under the cap, so there's no danger of losing any other players. There's really no down side to this.

Really, I did not know that. Thanks for the update and good on RW.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:52 pm

Think about it, look at what Rw has done in the last 5 games:

1652 yards, 330 per game, 14 tds, 66 complt%, qb rating 108. All that with one of the worst oline there is and no run game, with our LT either one being the worst or 2nd worst in the league. Now he has a top 10 LT. Imagine what he can do not having to worry about his back. Of course this all presumes they don't go and try their run run run until you have to pass and stick with what they are doing now, which given we have won 4 straight has been working
Anthony
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:02 pm

Anthony wrote:Think about it, look at what Rw has done in the last 5 games:

1652 yards, 330 per game, 14 tds, 66 complt%, qb rating 108. All that with one of the worst oline there is and no run game, with our LT either one being the worst or 2nd worst in the league. Now he has a top 10 LT. Imagine what he can do not having to worry about his back. Of course this all presumes they don't go and try their run run run until you have to pass and stick with what they are doing now, which given we have won 4 straight has been working

Well look at it this way, we are definitely going to find out now. Go Hawks!

BTW, I saw something on another site that said ESPN Is projecting the Hawk's to be the best team in the league now.

I am so ready for a blow out now. Enough with these down to the wire games.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:54 pm

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:Like the Richardson move, this is a win-now acquisition by Schneider. All signs point to this panning out and elevating the o-line play, which will be huge. Plus, Wilson restructured his contract to get Brown under the cap, so there's no danger of losing any other players. There's really no down side to this.

The #2 and #3 is a downside.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum