Anyone watching this dreck?......

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Anyone watching this dreck?......

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Bueller? Anyone?.....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Re: Anyone watching this dreck?......

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:39 pm

What is a "dreck" and why would I watch it???
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:43 pm

curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:49 pm

The Blair Walsh project. :o :shock: :(
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby The POPE » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:50 pm

I have no words, at least none a man of faith can verbalize or post. Pete need to stop chewing that gum at halftime and chew some ass.
The POPE
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:03 pm

I've never seen a team play to its competition more than the Seahawks.

If Washington started 22 10-year-olds across the board, Seattle would keep them in it. I don't know how, but they would do it.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby DallasHawk » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Garbage.....Again
DallasHawk
Legacy

Postby DallasHawk » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:36 pm

14 penalties so far-good lord
DallasHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:36 pm

Pretty pathetic. Then again I don't think we'll see another Super Bowl while Cable is here, possibly the same for Bevell.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby The POPE » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:37 pm

Wildcard..... call me maybe? What a total collective sh*t show.
The POPE
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:41 pm

The POPE wrote:Wildcard..... call me maybe? What a total collective sh*t show.

No, not even that Pope, too many other good teams. The Rams are now in the drivers seat. This was horrible. We give our VAUNTED defense a 4 point lead with a 1:55 to go and they just ripped us up.
obiken
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:44 pm

Well, it sure didn't show Wilson as a persistent high performer.

I wasn't convinced the LT position is what needed fixing and I was right. We had better pass protection last week than this week. That's not Brown's fault as he played a fairly good game save one stupid motion call. The rest of the line went to sleep - mosre specifically the two guard positions.

We need consistency in this team and for the team to play more than just the last 2 minutes of each half.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Maybe one and done. Maybe, if they get there........
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:47 pm

idhawkman wrote:Well, it sure didn't show Wilson as a persistent high performer.

I wasn't convinced the LT position is what needed fixing and I was right. We had better pass protection last week than this week. That's not Brown's fault as he played a fairly good game save one stupid motion call. The rest of the line went to sleep - mosre specifically the two guard positions.

We need consistency in this team and for the team to play more than just the last 2 minutes of each half.

It was all the penalties, for a PRO football team it was ridiculous.
obiken
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:54 pm

Well as heartbreaking as this game was our next game is going to be even more important. If we lose to Arizona it may have playoff implications.

We had a good chance to win.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:01 pm

BLECH is the more appropriate word.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:10 pm

I start with Bevell.

Abandons the run game, keeps throwing when the line can't block, makes us try for field goals with a kicker that should be painting bathrooms for a living.
Sends two runs left and right needing 2 yards for a first, gets zero, punt.
Calls almost the same identical play that cost us superbowl 49, it worked as well, they almost scored on our 2 point try.

Walsh......Go paint a bathroom, get out of Seattle.

Griffin and Coleman....You are playing PREVENT...you have one job. DONT GET BEAT DEEP....F A I L.

PC...timeouts are precious, why do you squander them?

Entire coaching staff. The amazing amount of penalties is on YOU. It costs us field position and ultimately...GAMES.

Focker out.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:11 pm

idhawkman wrote:Well, it sure didn't show Wilson as a persistent high performer.

OKay, I agree Rw did not play well at all. However "Well, it sure didn't show Wilson as a persistent high performer. "

That is like wrong on many levels let me help show you
Last week 452 and 4 tds
week before 334 3 tds
3 weeks ago 295 2 tds
week before 373 4 tds.

In 5 of 8 games he has thrown for 295+ and 2+ tds. that is pretty consistent all QBs have bad games.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:33 pm

Blame the offense. Yes. Issues. Blame the kicker. Terrible. Yes.
But give the defense a pass?
14-10 lead and let them go 70 yards in 30 seconds??? Really???
Clem7
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:07 pm

Clem7 wrote:Blame the offense. Yes. Issues. Blame the kicker. Terrible. Yes.

The defense has their share of the blame as well, and FYI we held the time of possession, we had more Fds, and more yards but alot more penalty yards
Last edited by Anthony on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:16 pm

obiken wrote:
It was all the penalties, for a PRO football team it was ridiculous.

There's lots of blame to go around. It wasn't one player or one segment of the game. This was a sh@t show from start to finish. This team seems to think as long as they keep it close they'll win in the 4th. You have to play 60 full minutes not just 2 at the end of each half.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:21 pm

idhawkman wrote:
There's lots of blame to go around. It wasn't one player or one segment of the game. This was a sh@t show from start to finish. This team seems to think as long as they keep it close they'll win in the 4th. You have to play 60 full minutes not just 2 at the end of each half.

Problem is it is not the teams it is PC philosophy
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Seahawkgal » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:26 pm

Just another example of how we lose without Earl on the field.
Seahawkgal
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:49 pm

12 points isn't gonna cut it, no matter who you play. Simple as that, you can blame the D, but the truth is, shouldn't have been close, and that falls on the offenses shoulders. Week in, and week out, the offense doesn't play football until at least the third, usually the 4th quarter.

This team, a team that averages giving up less than 9 points in the first half of games, hasn't gone into half time with a lead. The dregs of the NFL have walked in to halftime with a tie or lead. That ain't on the D. Nor is it solely on the line. Y'all so focused on a scapegoat, you're ignoring bigger issues... you got stat warriors ignoring the ebb and flow of the game, cuz they so enamored with Wilson's ball sweat, that they ignore his perchance to hold the ball, ignore OPEN receivers, waiting for the "big " play, instead of driving the offense down the field.

That isn't all on the coordinator, line , receivers. Some is, but not close to all, or even most. Wilson is the only QB in the league that can throw for 400/4/1 and look like absolute shite. Don't believe me? Rewatch Tennessee's game, without looking for a goat ( believe it was the defense that caught the blame on that one) and come on back and discuss how awesome he played.

You can do the same against Indy, NYG, and today.

The excuses are wearing thin. Bypassing first downs, looking for 50/50 balls downfield has become his calling card. Not sure when that love affair started taking root, but it's certainly there now. It's nice to hear others say it finally ( Wyman today for example in post game show) but it's been staring y'all in the damn. Face for the last two and a half seasons.

Even IF you all refuse to acknowledge it. I tried to rationally explain it, help you see it, but instead I got the media driven bs week in and week out. The pass protection isn't better, cuz it wasn't horrible to begin with, doesn't mean they should bit try to improve it, but until Wilson starts taking first downs instead of bypassing them for bigger plays, it's gonna look the same ( just like it has for the last umpteen games) until that focus changes.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:24 am

Clem7 wrote:Blame the offense. Yes. Issues. Blame the kicker. Terrible. Yes.

With Earl and Avril out with the offense turning the ball over 3 times, no, I don't blame the defense on this one. Yes, I wish they would have held. I'm glad they held them as low as they did without Earl.

I blame our lame kicker and our tired offense that can't get going and has way too many penalties.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:37 am

Ok but you double the outside away from Sherm and drop LB's for the rest. Sorry this was the drive you have Defense for.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:34 am

obiken wrote:Ok but you double the outside away from Sherm and drop LB's for the rest. Sorry this was the drive you have Defense for.

Kick the field goals and don't turn the ball over, we're not relying on a depleted defense to hold at the end. They held most of the game and gave our team every shot to win. Once again the lame ass offense just makes mistake after mistake after mistake, goes 3 and out over and over again, turns the ball over three times, and the lame kicker we signed with known accuracy issues misses three field goals, even one would have at least put the game in OT.

The defense even gave us 2 points with a safety. They made play after play after play all game. Finally Washington makes a play deep in the end in desperation knowing Earl is out. A play that should not have mattered.

I'm extremely tired of this offense playing down to the competition, seemingly completely unprepared and out-coached, and generally playing like garbage until the fourth quarter. To add insult to injury the kicker misses three field goals to further to ruin what anemic scoring opportunities our offense provided.

Sorry, this was on the offense. They have problems that need to be fixed. If Pete doesn't finally look at the coaching staff after this season, I'm done believing it will be fixed during the Carroll Era. At some point Always Compete has to apply to the coaches. Right now I don't see Bevell and Cable getting the job done. An inconsistent, undisciplined, and what appears to be a poorly schemed and prepared offense with not much of a run game is not what you pay OCs and assistant head running coordinators to do.
Last edited by Aseahawkfan on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:12 am

There is no unit on this team that deserves a pass for this game.

Our offense can't score TDs. Our defense collapses when it counts. Special teams... I won't even bring up. This was a game played against a 3rd-place team's practice squad.

This is one of those losses that may free up my Sundays for a while.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Oly » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:16 am

I'm in the "it's on the offense and Walsh" camp. Yeah, the defense will rue the missed INTs and allowing that last drive, and they could have done better. But that amount of blame is just a fraction of what the offense and Walsh--and the coaching staff for having such an undisciplined team--have.
Oly
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:45 am

It was Coleman and Griffin that got beat on those long passes, not McDougald.

Bevell not getting a play in before the 2 minute warning was also egregious use of the clock, which this team is rock bottom at.

We finally go uptempo when we have to. We should have killed this team today but got embarrased instead. UNDERACHIEVERS.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:32 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:If Pete doesn't finally look at the coaching staff after this season, I'm done believing it will be fixed during the Carroll Era. At some point Always Compete has to apply to the coaches. Right now I don't see Bevell and Cable getting the job done. An inconsistent, undisciplined, and what appears to be a poorly schemed and prepared offense with not much of a run game is not what you pay OCs and assistant head running coordinators to do.

Wow. For you to say this Asea it has gotten to a very bad level. I've thought it was bad before but for you to say it, wow.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:54 am

That play on the 2 point conversion attempt (and any variation of it) needs to be ripped out of the playbook never to be seen again.
It just doesn't work. I still don't get why they take the ball out of the hands of their most dangerous player with a quick throw on the goal line.
If you want him to pass, roll him out to one side, but have the 3 tallest players on that side with 2 stacked or the 3 bunched and give Wilson the option of passing or running.
Somewhere there will be a big mismatch or confusion on the Defense which is the advantage an Offense needs to have.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:02 am

burrrton wrote:There is no unit on this team that deserves a pass for this game.

Our offense can't score TDs. Our defense collapses when it counts. Special teams... I won't even bring up. This was a game played against a 3rd-place team's practice squad.

This is one of those losses that may free up my Sundays for a while.

I completely agree with everything except the last sentence. I will watch every Hawks game no matter how well or poorly they play.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:06 am

NorthHawk wrote:That play on the 2 point conversion attempt (and any variation of it) needs to be ripped out of the playbook never to be seen again.
It just doesn't work. I still don't get why they take the ball out of the hands of their most dangerous player with a quick throw on the goal line.
If you want him to pass, roll him out to one side, but have the 3 tallest players on that side with 2 stacked or the 3 bunched and give Wilson the option of passing or running.
Somewhere there will be a big mismatch or confusion on the Defense which is the advantage an Offense needs to have.

The other reciever on that play was wide open in the corner but everyone knows, we don't throw to that guy.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:07 am

Nobody gets a pass for yesterday, because that was a collective s*** show, top to bottom.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:09 am

Oly wrote:I'm in the "it's on the offense and Walsh" camp. Yeah, the defense will rue the missed INTs and allowing that last drive, and they could have done better. But that amount of blame is just a fraction of what the offense and Walsh--and the coaching staff for having such an undisciplined team--have.

This team is centered on the defense, just look at the payroll or the fact that they needed a ton of help on the OL before the season and the one trade they made was for somebody on the DL. PC ball is all about our O having a lead in the 4th and our D on the field to defend that lead. That's how the game plan is designed that's how the offense operates (which is why we can't seem to score in the first half). He believes that the offense can lose the game in the first half with turnovers. Offense in the first half: no big mistakes, establish the run game, and don't put the D in bad field position. 2nd half score just enough, take just enough risks, etc, to get us the lead late, then the D will take care of the rest.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:10 am

Zorn76 wrote:Nobody gets a pass for yesterday, because that was a collective s*** show, top to bottom.

Yep!
mykc14
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:27 am

The other reciever on that play was wide open in the corner but everyone knows, we don't throw to that guy.

The play is a quick throw, but I wonder if Wilson has the option to go elsewhere.
If I were him, I'd never throw it in the middle at that part of the field again if that play was called.
They've called it twice and both were interceptions that took points off the board.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:46 pm

idhawkman wrote:Wow. For you to say this Asea it has gotten to a very bad level. I've thought it was bad before but for you to say it, wow.

I do not believe that while Cable is the O-line coach we will have a good O-line. I don't think we'll win another Super Bowl without improvement on the O-line. Cable has been given 5 years now to fix the O-line. 5 years to show steady progress. He's had a big hand in picking the players. These excuses people keep making for Cable not doing the drafting is BS. He tells the scouts what type of players he wants. He has a huge hand in choosing the final product. More importantly, he has a huge hand in developing the players. And yet we have had only two Pro Bowl O-lineman in his entire time here. Both of those players chosen by the previous regime: Okung and Unger. Neither of them still here.

This whole they haven't spent draft capital on the O-line crap doesn't fly. He has had everything from 1st, 2nd,and 3rd round picks to 5th, 6th, 7th and undrafted. It doesn't seem to matter. They don't work out for some reason or only to a mediocre level. It seems pretty clear that he isn't good at choosing O-line talent.

Cable definitely has to go. I'd love to see Bevell leave with him. There must be some other young, hungry OC that can take a QB like Russell and have this offense singing. A change might at least allow us to not have every single play on tape. They have so much of Bevell's playbook on tape, some change would at least surprise teams for a while.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:52 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:I do not believe that while Cable is the O-line coach we will have a good O-line. I don't think we'll win another Super Bowl without improvement on the O-line. Cable has been given 5 years now to fix the O-line. 5 years to show steady progress. He's had a big hand in picking the players. These excuses people keep making for Cable not doing the drafting is BS. He tells the scouts what type of players he wants. He has a huge hand in choosing the final product. More importantly, he has a huge hand in developing the players. And yet we have had only two Pro Bowl O-lineman in his entire time here. Both of those players chosen by the previous regime: Okung and Unger. Neither of them still here.

This whole they haven't spent draft capital on the O-line crap doesn't fly. He has had everything from 1st, 2nd,and 3rd round picks to 5th, 6th, 7th and undrafted. It doesn't seem to matter. They don't work out for some reason or only to a mediocre level. It seems pretty clear that he isn't good at choosing O-line talent.

Cable definitely has to go. I'd love to see Bevell leave with him. There must be some other young, hungry OC that can take a QB like Russell and have this offense singing. A change might at least allow us to not have every single play on tape. They have so much of Bevell's playbook on tape, some change would at least surprise teams for a while.

I get your point but I think that Britt was a pro bowler last year. Still, 3 is not good enough.

What I was really commenting on is that you are now bringing Carroll into this and questioning him. I remember when he was first hired I wasn't sure he'd prove out and you were very pro Carroll. It sounded like you were starting to question him.

My proof was to see if he could get our players to play the whole game as it seemed under Mora they only played a quarter or two and then faded. Now they don't play at all in the first half and only show up for the second half.

I sure wish we could have a team that played all 4 quarters all the time.
idhawkman
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum