Anyone watching this dreck?......

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Anyone watching this dreck?......

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:46 pm

idhawkman wrote:I get your point but I think that Britt was a pro bowler last year. Still, 3 is not good enough.

What I was really commenting on is that you are now bringing Carroll into this and questioning him. I remember when he was first hired I wasn't sure he'd prove out and you were very pro Carroll. It sounded like you were starting to question him.

My proof was to see if he could get our players to play the whole game as it seemed under Mora they only played a quarter or two and then faded. Now they don't play at all in the first half and only show up for the second half.

I sure wish we could have a team that played all 4 quarters all the time.

Carroll's a great coach. No way I want him to leave any time soon. The defense is extremely good exactly as all indicators pointed to with Carroll. I'm not about to give up an amazing defensive mind when the head coach just needs to get a new OC and O-line coach. I understand staying loyal to Bevell and Cable directly after the Super Bowl loss. It's been a few years now and I hope at the end of this season Carroll finally looks at this offensive coaching staff. He needs a change. That basic Bevell offense was good for developing Russell. Now Russell's evolved and Bevell and Cable haven't. Time to move on from them.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Carroll's a great coach. No way I want him to leave any time soon. The defense is extremely good exactly as all indicators pointed to with Carroll. I'm not about to give up an amazing defensive mind when the head coach just needs to get a new OC and O-line coach. I understand staying loyal to Bevell and Cable directly after the Super Bowl loss. It's been a few years now and I hope at the end of this season Carroll finally looks at this offensive coaching staff. He needs a change. That basic Bevell offense was good for developing Russell. Now Russell's evolved and Bevell and Cable haven't. Time to move on from them.

I think WE all agree Russell has evolved and at a bare minimum he's seen anything that is going to be thrown at him. I don't think Bevell sees it the way we do though. I mean, how fricken' long is he going to keep the hobbles on RW? I caught bits and pieces of the MNF game last night and saw Stafford changing plays almost every play. I am not sure I could tell you the last time if ever that I've seen that same latitude given to RW. My biggest question is, "WHY?"
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:20 pm

To be fair, you don't see it too often with High School Offenses.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:15 pm

NorthHawk wrote:To be fair, you don't see it too often with High School Offenses.

Can't argue that point.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:44 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Carroll's a great coach. No way I want him to leave any time soon. The defense is extremely good exactly as all indicators pointed to with Carroll. I'm not about to give up an amazing defensive mind when the head coach just needs to get a new OC and O-line coach. I understand staying loyal to Bevell and Cable directly after the Super Bowl loss. It's been a few years now and I hope at the end of this season Carroll finally looks at this offensive coaching staff. He needs a change. That basic Bevell offense was good for developing Russell. Now Russell's evolved and Bevell and Cable haven't. Time to move on from them.

I'm still at least two full seasons from calling for Pete's head, but he's going to go down with a sinking ship if he doesn't do something to re-invent this offense, and the quickest and easiest way is to do that is to change the coaching staff, ie Bevell and Cable. I can appreciate his loyalty to those that have devoted so much time and effort in serving him, but at some point he needs to bring himself to the realization that things aren't getting any better.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:37 am

My guess is Pete will coach 2-3 more seasons and turn it over to Cable and Bevell who never get offers from anyone else. Sort of like Mora 2
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:21 pm

I'm not so sure he can just hand over the keys so to speak.
I think if JS stays he will have a say and if he goes too, then Paul Allen will do another search for a GM and HC like he did previously.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:21 pm

I know the OL needs improvement, and so on, but I'd love for us to go ahead and draft the best RB available in the draft next spring. Even if it's rd #1. The position is a mess anyway, and we need to work towards solving it.

Always a gamble, but one worth taking, imo.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:39 pm

Zorn76 wrote:I know the OL needs improvement, and so on, but I'd love for us to go ahead and draft the best RB available in the draft next spring. Even if it's rd #1. The position is a mess anyway, and we need to work towards solving it.

I'm pretty sure JS will try to trade back to recover some draft capital, but even near the top of the 2nd if one of the premier RB's is there I wouldn't be too upset.
They might be expecting someone like Nick Chubb or Sony Michel both from Georgia to be available mid to late 2nd.
Chubb had a bad knee injury 2 years ago and is now just getting back into form so he may drop a little and Michel missed time with a broken arm (another ATV accident), but either might be good fits here.
They fit the size that JS seems to like and have had very good production when available.
Chubb's workouts may set him higher up the board as he's said to be one of those in the Freak Zone with his athleticism.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:27 pm

Zorn76 wrote:I know the OL needs improvement, and so on, but I'd love for us to go ahead and draft the best RB available in the draft next spring. Even if it's rd #1. The position is a mess anyway, and we need to work towards solving it.

Are you sure our RBs are a disaster? Alex Collins anyone?

Could it be something other than RB?
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:49 pm

Our RB's have difficulty staying healthy, to the point where None of them can be banked on moving forward. I like Carson - and I'm a big fan of Rawls - but neither has earned the right to be the anointed #1 longterm.

Lacy...basically worthless. Procise - I forget he's even on the team at this point. I think a few new faces at the position next year.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:36 am

Procise - I forget he's even on the team at this point.

This. So frustrating.
burrrton
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum