Next game is must wim

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Next game is must wim

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:33 pm

To keep the division lead we must beat cards in Arizona.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Re: Next game is must wim

Postby The POPE » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:53 pm

What you been smokin? We have to win just to keep pace with the lambs. We are 1 game back now.
The POPE
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:55 pm

We don’t have the division lead. But yes it’s a must win if we want any chance to get a 1st rd bye. This team is pretty unpredictable rt now. Our defense has been figured out to a degree; perhaps it’s the missing ET effect.
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:38 am

Rams, IF we dont beat Zona we would be done defacto.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:40 am

It's not quite must win yet, but we've now put ourselves in the position of us chasing the Rams rather than the other way around. Plus we're two games behind Philly in the race for HFA and we have some very challenging opponents on the docket.

The good news is that there's still a lot of football left, half of the regular season, and plenty of time to get this thing turned around. But if we don't win in the desert this Thursday, it's going to turn us into scoreboard watchers, hoping for this or that team to lose rather than us simply taking care of business.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:50 am

In a 16 game season with a first round bye and home field advantage EVERY game is a must win.

Now the Hawks become the Mariners, hoping for a wild card spot.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:03 am

Largent80 wrote:In a 16 game season with a first round bye and home field advantage EVERY game is a must win.

Now the Hawks become the Mariners, hoping for a wild card spot.

Each game is important, but when I think of "must win", I think of it as meaning that there is no tomorrow, lose and we're eliminated from playoff contention, or whatever the objective is, or as you put it, HFA, neither of which is in affect for this Thursday.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:38 am

RiverDog wrote:It's not quite must win yet, but we've now put ourselves in the position of us chasing the Rams rather than the other way around. Plus we're two games behind Philly in the race for HFA and we have some very challenging opponents on the docket.

The good news is that there's still a lot of football left, half of the regular season, and plenty of time to get this thing turned around. But if we don't win in the desert this Thursday, it's going to turn us into scoreboard watchers, hoping for this or that team to lose rather than us simply taking care of business.

Sorry Riv, I have to call bullshit on this. You as well as everyone else know that without a bye and most preferrably HFA we have no shot at the SB. Being 2 games back of the Rams will not allow us to get a bye at all.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:45 am

Until the Rams lose, the pressure of must wim increases, but I'm not sure we are there yet.
Putting it all together for complete games is a must on our part and we haven't shown that yet and that includes coaching and play calling.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:58 am

First, we still control our own destiny in the division so no panic yet. We are only 2 games behind the number 1 seed and get to play them at home. This loss doesn't mean that the sky is falling. With that being said none of it is going to matter unless we start playing better. Russ was off yesterday. The recievers were not getting open early in routes. The run game was a little better, but not good enough to rely upon.The D gave up 17 points to an awful team (not that the skins are awful overall but the team they put on the field yesterday was due to all the injuries). Way too many penalties, 150 yards!! Some of those were complete BS, but many others were not. The good news is we have a very talented roster that can get past this game quickly and it very well could end up being one of those games that we look back on after a very successful season and think I can't believe they lost to the skins at home that year...
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:24 am

Redskins DB's are decent but they knew every route coming their way. RW had nowhere to throw I can't count them and this in spite of 5 seconds of good pass pro.

I state again, EVERY single game is must win. I saw yesterday as more of a must win than Thursday, because playing at home against an injured team, and our skill positions are so much better across the board.

Seahawks coaching staff should be so embarrassed right now. TOTALLY outcoached.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:43 am

mykc14 wrote:First, we still control our own destiny in the division so no panic yet. We are only 2 games behind the number 1 seed and get to play them at home. This loss doesn't mean that the sky is falling. With that being said none of it is going to matter unless we start playing better. Russ was off yesterday. The recievers were not getting open early in routes. The run game was a little better, but not good enough to rely upon.The D gave up 17 points to an awful team (not that the skins are awful overall but the team they put on the field yesterday was due to all the injuries). Way too many penalties, 150 yards!! Some of those were complete BS, but many others were not. The good news is we have a very talented roster that can get past this game quickly and it very well could end up being one of those games that we look back on after a very successful season and think I can't believe they lost to the skins at home that year...

This past loss didn't kill us but as the thread said, "NEXT GAME IS MUST WIN"

Lose on thursday to a Carsonless cardnal team and you can kiss this season good bye.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:52 pm

A loss and we are 3rd in the division.If they want to play at home in the postseason it's a must win. If we want to get to the playoffs it's not yet a must win but getting close. Philly looks world class and so do the Rams.Don't count on them losing again. Saints as well and they are running down people's throats.Dallas is getting red hot.Our Thursday opponent has a running back named AP who went 37 for 157 Sunday and Stanton looks like an NFL QB all of a sudden.

Seattle needs to run the table to get where they want to go IMO.Dammit that was a horrible loss yesterday
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:51 pm

I don't know about it being a must wim.
Do you think the Rams are going to go 14-2? They're playing well but I'm not yet sold on them and think the more they play, the more film will show weaknesses.
They play the Vikes, Eagles, Tennessee, NO, and us for tough games.

We have some tough opponents, too but just have to win more than them and beat them again in December.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:36 pm

Rams are a better FB team than us and we were lucky to beat them, be honest. They hang 30 on just about everyone. We could go 3-0 the next 3 and still be behind them.
obiken
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:11 pm

obiken wrote:Rams are a better FB team than us and we were lucky to beat them, be honest. They hang 30 on just about everyone. We could go 3-0 the next 3 and still be behind them.

Depends on which "us" shows up. We are Sybil ... we can beat anyone in any stadium in the league but we can also lose to anyone in our own stadium ... we play up, and down, to our competition.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:43 pm

obiken wrote:Rams are a better FB team than us and we were lucky to beat them, be honest. They hang 30 on just about everyone. We could go 3-0 the next 3 and still be behind them.

Technically yes we could still be behind them but the reality is we still control our own destiny within the division. We don't need to hope they lose or anything right now. We win we get the division. It's as simple as that, of course that could all change if we lose on Thursday, but as of right now there is nothing to panic about we are in the drivers seat for the division title!!
mykc14
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:12 am

NorthHawk wrote:I don't know about it being a must wim.
Do you think the Rams are going to go 14-2? They're playing well but I'm not yet sold on them and think the more they play, the more film will show weaknesses.
They play the Vikes, Eagles, Tennessee, NO, and us for tough games.

We have some tough opponents, too but just have to win more than them and beat them again in December.

Don't fool yourself. Also, don't underestimate the ability of the league wanting the fan base in L.A. to be invigorated with a winning team. I'd be very interested in seeing the number of penalties called against the Rams all year at the end of the year.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:45 am

idhawkman wrote:We have some tough opponents, too but just have to win more than them and beat them again in December.

Don't fool yourself. Also, don't underestimate the ability of the league wanting the fan base in L.A. to be invigorated with a winning team. I'd be very interested in seeing the number of penalties called against the Rams all year at the end of the year.[/quote]

The Rams look real. They are 6-2 only because Kupp couldn't squeeze a ball he gets 95% of the time. Then we are 4-4 and they are 7-1. They are sandblasting everyone. The combo of young innovative coach McVeigh with the vet Wade Phillips running the D, all the offensive weapons they have now its a formidable team.
Honestly they don't need a lot of help from tho officials right now but I agree with ID they will get it. So Cal is a train wreck for pro ball right now.
Philly is legitimately the best team in the nfl and Wendz is the best QB. I said when he was drafted he looked like a bigger more physical Russell Wilson and i guess a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and again :lol: :lol: . I wasn't high on Goff but he looks like hes going to be terrific.

I forgot about the Vikes cruising along at 6-2 with a suddenly competent Case Keenum.

If Hawks want to run this gauntlet they cant afford to lose games like last Sunday and having done that they sure as hell cant afford this loss or its fight your a$$ off for a wildcard. Plus look at who is on the schedule coming up.

From a mathematical perspective it isn't a must win but in reality this particular game they better win or the window might start closing.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:18 pm

The ONLY thing I am grateful for is that the game will be on NBC and not CBS because I just cannot stand Tony Romo. He has a bevel of mancrushers who are agitating for him to be named to the HofF. There is NO WAY that no talent BUM deserves to be honored with a Gold Jacket. Holy smokes, if Romo qualifies then Mudbone qualifies too, and I think that no one believes that Dave K. should be in the Hall, even though most of his stats are better than many QB's who ARE in the Hall. The difference is championships, and the last time I looked Romo ain't never even sniffed any championship.

A former player shouldn't get in just because he is affable smiles a lot and is a "great interview". Oh, and Deon? GROW UP! Only Neon Deon could open his mouth and make Romo look good in comparison.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum