Chancellor done...

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Chancellor done...

Postby curmudgeon » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:16 am

Could spell the end of LOB. Older, injured and expensive. Too bad Bevfool's SB 49 buffoonery will overshadow this era's legacy....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Re: Chancellor done...

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:21 am

curmudgeon wrote:Could spell the end of LOB. Older, injured and expensive. Too bad Bevfool's SB 49 buffoonery will overshadow this era's legacy....

Got a link? Seen the rumors, as far as I know speculation is all it is so far.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:22 am

Do you know something we don't? I'm a little worried myself, but I haven't seen anything reported supporting your post.

Edit: Saw this:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -17-season

My apologies. Really wanted you to be wrong!
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:29 am

If that's the case the the legion truly is no more (for at least this year), Kam's the one that put the Boom in the Legion.

We're still in the Russell Wilson era though, and even if on that account alone I ain't throwing in the towel yet.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:09 am

PFT in this article is sourcing Mike Garafalo of NFL Network in saying he's done.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... he-season/
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:42 am

That moment when your season is over, but you can find some solace in knowing they made a new rule because you were such a beast.

Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:29 am

I’m sad. I’m not throwing in the towel either, but this sucks. McDougald, rather than Delano Hill, will take Kam’s spot.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:50 pm

I knew that it wasn't going to last forever, but I really expected to keep the LOB together and producing at a high level for another couple of years. Now it looks like a distant memory.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:10 pm

I hear you, River. These guys have never shied away from contact, and I suppose it has taken its toll. Perhaps the offensive struggles and resultant T.O.P. imbalance of the past few years have accelerated the break down of the L.O.B. We may have come to the end of having full seasons with all 3 playing together.

Like c-bob alluded to, Russell Wilson is a bonafide franchise QB, so this team can still legitimately compete.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:20 pm

I really enjoyed it while it lasted. An ELITE backfield that has provided a lifetime of memories in a few short years.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:52 pm

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:I hear you, River. These guys have never shied away from contact, and I suppose it has taken its toll. Perhaps the offensive struggles and resultant T.O.P. imbalance of the past few years have accelerated the break down of the L.O.B. We may have come to the end of having full seasons with all 3 playing together.

Like c-bob alluded to, Russell Wilson is a bonafide franchise QB, so this team can still legitimately compete.

There's been some discussion about Thursday night football playing a role in all the injuries. I'm not sure that I buy that argument, but it is adding fuel to the fire to abolish it.

This is a good test for Russell. Like you guys said, he' is a bona fide franchise quarterback. It's time for him to turn it up a notch and put this team on his back and carry us. We're in a decent spot, but we can't afford any more lemons like the Redskins game. This is the time of the year that the contenders and pretenders start to sort themselves out.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:07 pm

I read some brief discussion about putting Thursday night games after teams have byes.
It would mean 2 extended rest periods instead of a single 2 week break.
Not sure how difficult it would be to schedule, though.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:47 pm

They already tried the 2 bye week system and got rid of it.

They just need to do away with any games not on Sunday EXCEPT for Monday night.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:34 pm

All over but the shouting, fingerpointing, excuses, and finally acceptance your not what you were

all go through it i 4-6 year cycles

accept and move on and be humble
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:59 am

Rambo2014 wrote:All over but the shouting, fingerpointing, excuses, and finally acceptance your not what you were

all go through it i 4-6 year cycles

accept and move on and be humble

You know Dumbo your really starting to piss me off.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:04 am

Pete Carroll supposedly is saying that he doesn't know where all of this "talk" that Kam is done for the season is coming from. That tells me one of two things is true. One, that Kam IS done for the season and Pete is so clueless that a player might let the press know BEFORE the team makes it official. Or, two, Kam is NOT officially done for the season and it is still up in the air. Oh, I thought of a third thing, three, the team believes Kam can still play again, at some point but Kam doesn't want to injure even more endangering the rest of his career or even the rest of his life.

I believe that there are many players, those that have had at least been paid their 2nd. contract, are weighing just how much punishment they want to put their body through. That could become the "new normal", star players retiring after they have made just enough to be "set" for life, or at least with enough of a cushion that their transition into retirement and whatever they are going to do with the rest of their life is smooth.

That leads to another question, I wonder, if most of these "student" athletes, even those that appear destined for the NFL will now start to take full advantage of their "free" college and use the NFL as more of a means to an end rather than a destination. Until player salaries started to explode after the advent of Free Agency most of the players who played in the NFL, even the stars and super stars still had to build another career after their playing days were over. Huge props to "voice" of the Seahawks Steve Raible, our original "fan favorite" for knowing when to start his real career and having the schooling to do it. Go back to the beginning up through the 1960's most players had to work regular jobs in the off seasons to make ends meet and/or build a decent life for themselves and their families. Even the stars and superstars back then had to find another way if they wanted to be wealthy.

It would help boost the quality of play on the college level if more players stay all four or five years. I believe there are many players who are weighing potential earnings against the likely hood of living long enough and living well enough to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Then, I could be totally wrong and nothing much will change and things will continue and progress muchg as they have always done in regards to pro football.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:16 am

Pete for all his strengths talks like a used car salesman, KC is done period. PC can put all the Pollyannish spin he wants on it but when two from ESPN confirm a story its a lock. Sorry, I hope you are right, but your not.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:22 am

Tough to watch the apparent end of an era.
We've been without Kam before with mixed results. Its a terrible loss especially combined with losing one of the best cover corner in the league and also the best tackling corner in sherman.
IMO the one piece left is the most important. When ET went down last year the pass defense cratered for the rest of the season. It will be interesting to see if super Earl can hold it together on the back end. If he pops the hamstring its another story.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:59 am

obiken wrote:
You know Dumbo your really starting to piss me off.

That's a win for him Obi. Shrug it off.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:17 pm

I totally think they should hold the story until they can say "{name} is done for the season...} but instead they say "{name, COULD be done for the season." That's real good of them to report that something "COULD" be right because if it isn't right, they'll say well it coulde've been.

Regarding Rambo, He's licking his wounds today. Next week he get the Saints and then the Eagles before getting the Cards and then us. Also, they carted Brown off at the end of the game today against the Vikes. He might need to hold his water for a couple weeks to see if they are even still in it when they come to the Clink...
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Kam is on his last legs as it is. He hasn't been the same for a few years. I hope this new kid won't be much of a drop off from Kam of the last few years.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:38 pm

I agree he hasn't been the same on the field but he still wields a heavy hand in leadership of the defense. So does Bobby and ET. Glad those two will be back. Bennett could have but he just went wacko with his rants to garner any leadership roles.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:18 pm

RiverDog wrote:I knew that it wasn't going to last forever, but I really expected to keep the LOB together and producing at a high level for another couple of years. Now it looks like a distant memory.

Yup, it was one of the best secondaries of all time.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Kam is on his last legs as it is. He hasn't been the same for a few years. I hope this new kid won't be much of a drop off from Kam of the last few years.

This is true. Kam hasn't been the same player since his holdout, so I wouldn't expect the same drop off that we saw back then. Remember that first season opening game against the Rams when Kam started his holdout?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:19 pm

That's a win for him Obi. Shrug it off.

Thanks CB, they lost 24-7 today!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:39 pm

Dog, I BEG to differ, it wasn't the hold out that did Kam in it was SB 49. It would be more accurate to say that Kam hasn't been the same since he limped off the field and then then limped off the plane after that game. He truly left it ALL on the field that day.

One of the things that stood out like a red thumb during his hold out is that our defense actually was BETTER when he wasn't in there that season. I remember there was all of those inexplicable coverage break downs leading to EZ TD's by some opponents. I think that's what we both remember but I believe it goes back to the SB more than the hold out, we were BETTER w/o him. In hindsight, we should have traded him back then. Resigned him, then traded him. But, I guess PC was being pc and thought that trading away Kam might have a negative affect on team chemistry.

THAT, in a nutshell is why Belicose (Belichek) is a GREAT coach, he understands success and being in the hunt for a Lombardi (soon to be the Lombardi/Belichek) trophy is the best a purist way to keep great team chemistry. He dumps any player, except Brady, as soon as he is any kind of detriment to the ultimate success of the team. He is the chef so he gets to pick and keep the ingredients.

Pete Carroll is falling into the same trap that Holmgren fell in to, keeping certain players either for sentimental reasons or not wanting to pizz off other players. Chit, it trading Kam would have angered Richard Sherman then ship Sherman off to Miami or Washington. I say that and I LOVE Sherman, but, a GREAT HC needs to be cut throat and make the hard decisions.

Looking back, it was our historic great defense anchored by the LOB that won SB 48, should have won #49 and has kept us being a credible pick to win it all for the last 5 seasons, up until this year. In reality, our team has NEVER been a Russell Wilson driven team, until THIS season. It IS time to "retool" and I have to wonder if Pete has it in him since he "lucked" in to Wilson and if he had had his way we would have suffered through a Matt Flynn era that would have ended in disaster.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:00 pm

RiverDog wrote:This is true. Kam hasn't been the same player since his holdout, so I wouldn't expect the same drop off that we saw back then. Remember that first season opening game against the Rams when Kam started his holdout?

Kam wasn't the same before the holdout. He was wearing down that year before the holdout. I'm glad he received more money because for a few years there he was a freak of a strong safety, vastly underpaid. I think due to his size he wore down quicker than a smaller guy like Earl. I don't he's coming back stronger.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:02 pm

idhawkman wrote:I agree he hasn't been the same on the field but he still wields a heavy hand in leadership of the defense. So does Bobby and ET. Glad those two will be back. Bennett could have but he just went wacko with his rants to garner any leadership roles.

Leadership is over-rated as far as a reason to be on the field. Kam has been having trouble in coverage. Learning the defensive fundamentals like lining up and how to read fellow players will take some time. If a younger guy that can cover better and still strongly support the run, we'll be better for it.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:36 am

The real LOB was from '12-'14.
Everything else since then has been glimpses of their former selves.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:34 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Dog, I BEG to differ, it wasn't the hold out that did Kam in it was SB 49. It would be more accurate to say that Kam hasn't been the same since he limped off the field and then then limped off the plane after that game. He truly left it ALL on the field that day.

One of the things that stood out like a red thumb during his hold out is that our defense actually was BETTER when he wasn't in there that season. I remember there was all of those inexplicable coverage break downs leading to EZ TD's by some opponents. I think that's what we both remember but I believe it goes back to the SB more than the hold out, we were BETTER w/o him. In hindsight, we should have traded him back then. Resigned him, then traded him. But, I guess PC was being pc and thought that trading away Kam might have a negative affect on team chemistry.

THAT, in a nutshell is why Belicose (Belichek) is a GREAT coach, he understands success and being in the hunt for a Lombardi (soon to be the Lombardi/Belichek) trophy is the best a purist way to keep great team chemistry. He dumps any player, except Brady, as soon as he is any kind of detriment to the ultimate success of the team. He is the chef so he gets to pick and keep the ingredients.

Pete Carroll is falling into the same trap that Holmgren fell in to, keeping certain players either for sentimental reasons or not wanting to pizz off other players. Chit, it trading Kam would have angered Richard Sherman then ship Sherman off to Miami or Washington. I say that and I LOVE Sherman, but, a GREAT HC needs to be cut throat and make the hard decisions.

Looking back, it was our historic great defense anchored by the LOB that won SB 48, should have won #49 and has kept us being a credible pick to win it all for the last 5 seasons, up until this year. In reality, our team has NEVER been a Russell Wilson driven team, until THIS season. It IS time to "retool" and I have to wonder if Pete has it in him since he "lucked" in to Wilson and if he had had his way we would have suffered through a Matt Flynn era that would have ended in disaster.

I see the breakdowns the season that Kam held out a bit differently 4ever. Remember, that was also theyear that Richard took over as DC. Because of the holdout, I think Kam missed parts of the defense that Richard installed whereas the backups were in camp and preseason games and became familiar with the new scheme. When Kam came back, he didn't know what had been installed and there were breakdowns because of it.

I remember pushing for trading Kam back then, but I was pretty much a lone wolf in that.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:50 am

Here's hoping Lam will be back before the playoffs.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum