Optimistic thought

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Optimistic thought

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:48 pm

So... with our secondary relying on backups I have to wonder how the game will go. There is a real possibility that without our LOB and star players that Dan Quinn coached, he may not be able to help Matt Ryan prep for this game as well.

Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Re: Optimistic thought

Postby curmudgeon » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:06 pm

Methinks there are not enough bibs in Hotlanta or the PNW to capture Matty Ice's, Jones, Sanu's and Gabriel's salivate ahead of this matchup.....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Pass rush, pass rush pass rush the crap out of em! And let it loose on offense. Creative stuff too. Go nuts. We are still a dominant team and it’s in OUR house on mnf- we still have upper hand
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:43 pm

Stream Hawk wrote:Pass rush, pass rush pass rush the crap out of em! And let it loose on offense. Creative stuff too. Go nuts. We are still a dominant team and it’s in OUR house on mnf- we still have upper hand

Crush them like an empty beer can!
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:32 am

Atlanta hasn't played like the team they were last season. Julio Jones has been playing hurt, has scored just 1 TD despite his respectable 49 catches. They went a perfect 3-0 in September, but have lost 4 of their last 6, with 2 of those losses being "bad" losses, at home against Buffalo and Miami. If the playoffs were to start today, they'd be on the outside looking in. Within their division, they are two games behind the Saints and one behind the Panthers.

They've played some pretty good overall defense, currently ranked 6th in total yardage, but they've been susceptible to the rush, which may explain why Pete wants to pound the ball. They're also ranked just 25th in sacks and are minus 3 in take aways, having intercepted an opponent just twice this season.

At least on paper, there's some reasons to be optimistic.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:25 am

Heck Yeah!!
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Rams go down today 24-7 LOL
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:17 pm

Uppercut wrote:Rams go down today 24-7 LOL

More reasons to be optimistic! Revenge games are my favorite. Time to throttle the Failcons.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Just be the Patriots! hate to say it but they seem to have the magic sauce to just keep getting on year after year after year.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Uppercut wrote:Just be the Patriots! hate to say it but they seem to have the magic sauce to just keep getting on year after year after year.

We can't be the Patriots. Two different philosophies to the game.

Pats: Take away the best player on the field and make the team beat you with their other players
Hawks: We do what we do and maybe consider making changes at half if we are really far behind.

Leopard can't change its spots...
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:48 pm

Yeah the secret for the Hawks is to play from behind1 Bevell has made it a science. he would carp all over himself with a 10-14 point lead.

Remember the Atlanta playoff game last season when the Hawks drove right down the field and scored on the first drive!

Bevell must have been stuck in traffic but got there in time to see the Falcon easily get way out in front so he could struggle back later in the game but lose that one.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:36 pm

Most cases when/if the offense gets a lead the defense goes into "give up a lead" mode and guess what happens... LOL
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Maybe just keep it 0-0 until the 4th quarter and win with a field goal :lol:
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Put this one down as a BIG "W" for our Seahawks. We don't lose on national T.V. and MNF. Our defense is deeper than last season and not having the founders of the LOB will make the newer, junior members of the LOB focus better and our LB's are playing lights out. I mean, especially K.J. Wright, is playing out of his mind or what? Like others, I want us to blitz and dog more to put some REAL pressure on Matty and melt his ICE.

The key, of course will be offense, or should I say the O-Line. I am almost ready to say that Infedi should be benched if he keeps his B.S. drive killing penalty machine going. He draws 1 flag and Cable ought to physically pull his funky fanny right off the field and Schneider should be standing there ready give him his walking papers. But, we KNOW THAT ain't gonna happen, don't we.

We got the tools, and we got Russell Wilson and Doug Baldwin and a resurgent Jimmy Graham, what more do we need??

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:47 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Put this one down as a BIG "W" for our Seahawks. We don't lose on national T.V. and MNF. Our defense is deeper than last season and not having the founders of the LOB will make the newer, junior members of the LOB focus better and our LB's are playing lights out. I mean, especially K.J. Wright, is playing out of his mind or what? Like others, I want us to blitz and dog more to put some REAL pressure on Matty and melt his ICE.

The key, of course will be offense, or should I say the O-Line. I am almost ready to say that Infedi should be benched if he keeps his B.S. drive killing penalty machine going. He draws 1 flag and Cable ought to physically pull his funky fanny right off the field and Schneider should be standing there ready give him his walking papers. But, we KNOW THAT ain't gonna happen, don't we.

We got the tools, and we got Russell Wilson and Doug Baldwin and a resurgent Jimmy Graham, what more do we need??

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

I guess I'm a born pessimist as I don't see this as a "big" win for us. Our offense is simply putrid, and if the Falcons sacked the Cowboy's Dak Prescott 8 times last week, they certainly have the ability to create havoc for Russell. Keep an eye on Thomas Rawls. With Pete's desire to run the ball, Rawls could be a game changer tonight and with a banged up secondary, we're going to need to get some production out of our running game and keep Atlanta's offense on the bench. This ain't the Cards and Drew Stanton that we're going up against. If we do win, it will be a low scoring contest (the Texans game was a clear anomaly) that goes down to the wire. Can Blair Walsh make a game winning kick from 40+ on a cold, damp night? I'm not betting on it.

I've been waiting all season for the Falcons to wake up and start playing to their capabilities, and they might have done so last week. I worry that we might be catching them at just the wrong time. Matt Ryan is an experienced vet that has played at the Clink before, and he's going up against a depleted secondary with one of the best WR's in the game. With no Richard Sherman to shadow him, he's going to move Jones all over the field to find the right matchup. Our front 7 is going to have to get some pressure on Ryan or it's going to be a really long night.

One thing to keep an eye on is the weather. We don't play well in inclement weather, and the forecast calls for rain this morning but for it to let up this evening. Even if it doesn't rain, it's still going to be cold and damp. The other random element is the penalties. We've picked up 28 of them in the last two games. In a close contest, that could be a huge factor.

Like I said, I'm a born pessimist. I tend to lower my expectations so I'm extra elated when we win and not so bummed out when we lose as I halfway expected it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:44 am

So if Davis was eating up yards and we never saw Rawls at all, what up with that? Is something going on that we don't know about? Is Rawls hurt or ....?????
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:48 am

idhawkman wrote:So if Davis was eating up yards and we never saw Rawls at all, what up with that? Is something going on that we don't know about? Is Rawls hurt or ....?????

Rawls was listed as inactive last night, although there's no report about him being injured. It would appear that he's fallen from grace. I suspect he'll be gone after this season. A one hit wonder.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:06 pm

With all of the different RBs we have seen this year, I suspect RB will be a big priority in the off season or draft.
But we have to improve the OL to let that guy get his yards and stay healthy.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:07 pm

NorthHawk wrote:With all of the different RBs we have seen this year, I suspect RB will be a big priority in the off season or draft.
But we have to improve the OL to let that guy get his yards and stay healthy.

You might be right but somehow in the back of my head I think JS and PC will consider Davis, Collins, McKissic and Procise as good enough for the RB position. They may feel like this year was just a snake bit season and move on using those guys. Plus, I think PC will want more replacment talent for the LOB than another RB.

Personally, I think those 4 would be fine if we could solidify the OL. Maybe Joke-L coming back will give us a good left side from Britt, to Brown and we only have to worry about the RG and RT positions going forward.
idhawkman
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum