OT Blake Mayfield

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

OT Blake Mayfield

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:14 pm

So, who else believes as I do that BM will be the latest in a long list of Heisman Trophy winners who are busts in the NFL?? Granted, the Kansas players refusing to shake hands before the coin flip were classless. But, Mayfield had already a been a self absorbed buffoon long before the Kansas game. I believe he is just another Johnny Manziel just Mayfield and waiting to fail. In fact, I expect it will be Cleveland the drafts this Bozo, er, sorry Bozo, that was NOT fair. About the only difference between Mayfield and Manziel is that I have not heard that Mayfield is a druggie or a boozer. He has checked all the other boxes though.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Re: OT Blake Mayfield

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:13 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:So, who else believes as I do that BM will be the latest in a long list of Heisman Trophy winners who are busts in the NFL?? Granted, the Kansas players refusing to shake hands before the coin flip were classless. But, Mayfield had already a been a self absorbed buffoon long before the Kansas game. I believe he is just another Johnny Manziel just Mayfield and waiting to fail. In fact, I expect it will be Cleveland the drafts this Bozo, er, sorry Bozo, that was NOT fair. About the only difference between Mayfield and Manziel is that I have not heard that Mayfield is a druggie or a boozer. He has checked all the other boxes though.

But that's one huge difference.

You're right, though. Mayfield does have a lot of growing up to do, and his antics are going to throw up some red flags to GM's in the market for a franchise quarterback. But to his credit, he did seem very apologetic and said the right things in his post game presser. So we'll see.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:35 am

I believe his name is Baker Mayfield, but in any case, he's one of those guys who has a huge chip on his shoulder.
His career could go in any direction at the NFL level. He has the arm and mobility QBs need these days, and apparently the work ethic, but it remains to be seen if he can channel his enthusiasm into productivity or or not at the next level.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:21 am

He's not legit NFL material, imo.
Zorn76
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum