Seahawks falcon game thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Seahawks falcon game thread

Postby obiken » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:08 am

Zorn76 wrote:Even if Walsh makes kick, I don't trust the guy at all if we make the playoffs.

We left 3 points on the table at the half, with the trick play.
obiken
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:54 am

Eh, get your QB to stop throwing the ball into Dbs guts, and stop handing other teams 1st downs with stupid penalties, you win, this game, the Washington game.

That's three games in a row, the anemic Seahawks offense has outgained the opponents, but they have lost 2 of 3 despite that because of horrible turnovers and poorly timed defensive penalties. That depleted defense held Atlanta to under 300 yards of offense, Seattle is the only team I remember over a 3 game stretch surrendering 45% of its 3rd down conversions on defensive penalties. Some of those were absolute horsesh#t ( mostly against Arizona) but regardless injured or not, they've done decently.

At some point, the offense has to carry it's weight, they can stay by eliminating ridiculously stupid turnovers, and work up from there.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:00 am

To be honest, I think the only way any Real change happens next off season (i.e. f'ing Fire Cable and Bevell), is if we miss the playoffs.

Sorry, folks, but this is Not a SB team.

10 games is a big enough sample size to know, and we're no where Near where we used to be a few years ago, which amounts to being an eternity in today's NFL.

Things crumble quickly, and it's already starting to happen on defense.
Injuries, sloppiness, guy's are getting old. The LOB is over, btw, in case you missed it.

Offense? All RW lol. Our leading rusher is our QB after 10 games?
Good to see Graham be a focus in red zone this season...a few yrs after we traded for him.

Something's gotta give here, and soon.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:12 am

It's really too bad that Davis got hurt in the first half as he was running and catching quite well. And you cant blame the sack/fumble TD on RW, that was all O-Line.

Aboushi and Ifedi make up a terrible right side.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:20 am

Largent80 wrote:
Aboushi and Ifedi make up a terrible right side.

That's always been the problem but instead of addressing it, they went and patched the LT spot. I know Rees wasn't pro bowl caliber but if this team is going anywhere, they need better play out of the right side of the line. Ever see a long run on that side? Nope. Not even 10 yards. They are absolutely attrocious.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:29 pm

It takes a few years to develop into a solid starter on the OL. This is Ifedi's first year at RT and he has a massive learning curve to overcome so he's going to make some big mistakes.
He's got some good athleticism, but it looks to me like his angles and leverage are often wrong and that speaks to basic fundamentals which are different than what he learned at Guard.
It's not the same playing in space as it is the relative box at Guard so everything is new again and rookie Tackles struggle for the most part.
Growing pains on the Right side will continue until Ifedi finally gets it, but it's going to take time.
It might have been a little different if they had kept Evans who could have provided some solid Guard play and knowledge playing beside him. As it is, a rookie like Glowinski or a player like Aboushi who has
kicked around the league a few years probably doesn't help as much.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:03 pm

Seattle is still in the drivers seat in the division. They only have 1 road game left in the division both they and the rams face a murderers row but I think rams have it tougher than Seattle. I still like our chances in the division. We looked a hell of a lot better than the rams last week.
if we lose to Santa Clara I will revisit my thinking .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum