This team (Your Choice) Can, Can't, Will, Won't

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

This team (Your Choice) Can, Can't, Will, Won't

Postby Largent80 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:16 am

This team CAN'T afford mistakes and win games. With the secondary decimated and unable to hold onto interceptions and giving teams automatic 3rd down conversions the offense cannot make up for that

This includes all aspects, and especially time clock management and challenging plays that you obviously can't win.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: This team (Your Choice) Can, Can't, Will, Won't

Postby RiverDog » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:48 am

Largent80 wrote:This team CAN'T afford mistakes and win games. With the secondary decimated and unable to hold onto interceptions and giving teams automatic 3rd down conversions the offense cannot make up for that

This includes all aspects, and especially time clock management and challenging plays that you obviously can't win.

Yep. Don't forget the penalties we've committed, either. We can't commit penalties at the rate we've been collecting them this season and expect to win. This team isn't good enough to overcome them like we have in the past.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:51 am

WILL make the playoffs....WON'T go far.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:53 am

As jacked up as the loss was (and it WAS jacked up), there were positives that give me hope.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:00 pm

Another injured RB (Davis with a groin injury) and the same old chorus of 'Fix the OL and run game'.
Russell can't continue to be most of the Offense, it's too much for one guy to carry.

If we make the playoffs, we won't go far being one dimensional on Offense and hurting on Defense.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:09 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:As jacked up as the loss was (and it WAS jacked up), there were positives that give me hope.

The more I think about the game last night, the more I tend to agree with this. If we can get the intensity up for the start of the game like it is midway or even at the end of the game, I think we could do some good stuff.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:10 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Another injured RB (Davis with a groin injury) and the same old chorus of 'Fix the OL and run game'.
Russell can't continue to be most of the Offense, it's too much for one guy to carry.

If we make the playoffs, we won't go far being one dimensional on Offense and hurting on Defense.

We should get a couple people back at playoff time if we can be lucky enough to make the playoffs. I'm a bit hopeful.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:47 pm

Well, we DID actually score a TD in the 1st quarter.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Atlanta has a decent defense (rated about on par w/ ours with Kam and Sherm this year). Outside of the Rams (6th in points allowed), they are the best D we have faced this year and we did better than they did (except in bone-headed mistakes, penalties and such)... I mean yardage, TOP, etc. and we typically do move the ball better as the season progresses. Pete & Russ, whether in a game or in a season, usually ramp up to finish strong and I think we still have a chance to do that. Barring any additional significant injury, if we make the tournament, we may still do some damage. Though admittedly they have narrowed the chances substantially with the last two home losses.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:47 pm

It's over. We need to retool our defense. Kam, Bennett, and Sherm all have to go. Then with the cap dough get some new defenders. Our window with this team is done. It was a helluva run.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:52 pm

From last night forward the RAMS will be your NFC West Representative in this years and a few years playoffs and Superbowl. Get used to it and enjoy as we are on top know and don't plan getting off.
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 pm

Rambo2014 wrote:From last night forward the RAMS will be your NFC West Representative in this years and a few years playoffs and Superbowl. Get used to it and enjoy as we are on top know and don't plan getting off.

You do realize that you got smoked on Sunday? The Hawks aren’t quite ready to throw in towel yet. We just had some bs headscratching calls that will get cleaned up. Rams still appear fluky getting their a#$ handed them to the Vikings.
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:21 pm

obiken wrote:It's over. We need to retool our defense. Kam, Bennett, and Sherm all have to go. Then with the cap dough get some new defenders. Our window with this team is done. It was a helluva run.

Hmmmm... I'm not sure we use their cap to retool the defense. I would hope that we draft the new Kam, Sherm and Bennett like we did before and have them on rookie contracts for 4-5 years. In the meantime, lets spend a little of that cap on Oline and offense. Let's get the #1 offense in the league for 3 years and then as they start to fall, we can spend money on the defensive players who proved themselves while we retool the offense with new rook contracts.

I know, it is pollyanish but hey, If I'm gonna wish, might as well wish big.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Rambo2014 wrote:From last night forward the RAMS will be your NFC West Representative in this years and a few years playoffs and Superbowl. Get used to it and enjoy as we are on top know and don't plan getting off.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that you never get off.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Remember in 2010-11 when Pete came in and picked up and cut like 300 players. maybe that is about to happen again to prep for another 4 year run until PC retires.

Open that door and herd em out and bring em in, show us what you got
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby EmeraldBullet » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:30 pm

Kam and Sherman have guaranteed contracts for through next year. We can't 'just let the go' cause we will still be hit for the cap. If they retired though, then we would get their cap space. The thing is, pretty sure Kam, Sherman, and Thomas will all retire together, at the same time.
EmeraldBullet
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:07 am

Doesn't matter.
None of what he have this season spells SB.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:25 am

With your best reciever (Robert Woods) of this season on the sidelines for a couple weeks because of a shoulder injury and then playing N.O. and Philly without him, too? I see a 3 game losing streak in your very short future.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:09 am

This team will continue to decline until Scot McGloughan is brought back in the fold to re-tool.....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:25 am

curmudgeon wrote:This team will continue to decline until Scot McGloughan is brought back in the fold to re-tool.....

I have to disagree with this since JS re-tooled the current roster with over 500 moves.

Would like to see a new offense however.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:08 am

I believe Scot McGloughan was here in our best drafts and he put together the 49ers teams when they were good.
He also had a hand in the beginning of the rebuild of Washington.
I think he's just a very good judge of talent who also has a lot of baggage he carries with him.
It would do us well to hire him as a consultant again to look for good OL and value at RB.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum