Frank Clark

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Frank Clark

Postby Largent80 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:58 pm

People are ragging on Bennett while this guy gets a pass with no mention??

He hasn't done squat for many games now.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Frank Clark

Postby RiverDog » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:19 am

Largent80 wrote:People are ragging on Bennett while this guy gets a pass with no mention??

He hasn't done squat for many games now.

Bennett is a Pro Bowl player, and over the past couple of years, has been complaining about his contract and has thrust himself into the middle of several non football controversies, so the spotlight is on him more than it is on Clark. Additionally, Clark didn't go about jacking his jaws about running over a rookie guard then fail to get to the quarterback.

Even without his Pro Bowl status having the effect of raising expectations, Bennett himself has raised the bar. He's talking the talk, but not walking the walk. Clark, on the other hand, has been as quiet off the field as he has on, so naturally more people are going to notice Bennett's failures more than they will Clark's.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:05 am

^^^^ All that aside, I am simply talking about Clark's lack of production THIS YEAR. He had 10 or more sacks last year and has fallen of substantially. I really don't care about what players do outside of their production on the field and I feel people blow all of that stuff up way too much. I'm tired of hearing about it.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:58 am

Avril is no longer in the equation , Bennett is hurt and the lob is gone. All these things affect the d line. Clark is getting a lot more attention now and he will need to step up. I think he will. He’s still a solid piece of the puzzle.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:54 am

DT is not a position that can be properly evaluated by looking at a stat line. I see the same effort from Frank recently as I did when he was being touted as our "next dominant player", any perceived drop off in 'production" is likely due to the fact that he's on opposing DC's radar now and they are scheming to account for him. He's no longer catching people by surprise. Part of developing as a player is dealing with that reality. He's still young and still learning, I think he'll be fine.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:29 am

I haven't watched enough of the replays to see for myself, but I understand that Bennett is drawing fewer double teams this season, which if true, could be one of the things that's affecting Clark and the other DL's.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum