Heads up

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Heads up

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:30 pm

If you ain't watching Utah vs Colorado right now be sure to check out Zach Moss' highlights when you can! "A combination of Marshawn Lynch and Earl Campbell" is what the announcers are calling this performance: 196 yards and 2 TD and I'd guess better than half those yards after first contact.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Heads up

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:03 am

This years draft will be deep at RB. Royce Freeman, Saquon Barkley, Derrius Guice are the first three that come to my mind.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:54 am

I was alternating between the Apple Cup and Notre Dame-Stanford.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:10 am

Hope Bevell watched the Huskies game plan yesterday.

The kicker for Auburn looks good too
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:13 am

Uppercut wrote:Hope Bevell watched the Huskies game plan yesterday.

Do you mean have the 9ers rush only three and have multiple sacks?
Largent80
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:50 am

RiverDog wrote:I was alternating between the Apple Cup and Notre Dame-Stanford.

Falk should have been pulled sometime in the 2nd quarter. That was painful to watch.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:38 am

Sox-n-hawks wrote:This years draft will be deep at RB. Royce Freeman, Saquon Barkley, Derrius Guice are the first three that come to my mind.

That Penny kid from San Diego State will be early off the board also. Back to back 2,000+ seasons will turn heads. Pretty sure that's the college that Marshall Faulk came from also.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:17 am

Moss is only a sophomore so he won't be eligible for the draft until 2019, but he does fit the size preference we seem to like in RB's.
If he is that good, he won't be around when we select in that draft unfortunately, but we could use a dominating RB.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:37 am

burrrton wrote:Falk should have been pulled sometime in the 2nd quarter. That was painful to watch.

Naw, he's your QB and they had an excellent record coming in, so you have to stick with the girl that brought you to the dance.

Besides, there's not too many QB's that will play well being under almost constant pressure from a defense that features rushing just 3 and dropping everyone else back into coverage. That one kid for Udub was virtually unblockable.

I did an unscientific research on the Apple Cup by comparing it to other randomly selected, long standing rivalry games. UW beats WSU in the Apple Cup 68% of the time (72-32-6), including the last 5 straight. No other noteworthy rivalry that I looked at comes close to that one sidedness. Think that Alabama has dominated Auburn over the decades? They beat Auburn just 55% of the time. You would think that USC gets the best of UCLA, but the Condomheads win just 61% of the time. Notre Dame beats USC 56% of the time. The series leader in Oregon-Oregon State, Cal-Stanford, Ohio State-Michigan, are all in the mid 50% region, making it an average margin of around 5-6% vs. UW's 18%.

I'm not trash talking as I honestly don't have a horse in the race, but I wonder, at what point do the results get so one sided that you quit calling it a rivalry?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:01 am

I'm not trash talking as I honestly don't have a horse in the race, but I wonder, at what point do the results get so one sided that you quit calling it a rivalry?

When the die hard alumni quit caring about it.

Plus, you're not going to embarrass a Coug pointing to the one-sided record. The underdog status is a badge they wear with pride (I say "they" even though I played there- I can root for UW when they're not playing WSU, and I've never been that invested in the football team).

Yeah, you can say they didn't really have a choice in the matter, but you should know it's something they've come to embrace, at least all that I know (and I know a lot).
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:01 pm

The domination by the Huskies the last 5 years is an outlier. The records of each team going in to the Apple Cup mean NOTHING, the Cougs could be a 2 win team and the Huskies a Rose Bowl lock yet WAZZU will beat the poop out of the U-Dub, in Husky Stadium no less.

My oldest brother is an alumni of WSU yet because his lives in the Puget Sound area he has Husky season tickets. Normally he wears Husky Purple & Gold (NOT BLACK!) except at the Apple Cup, he proudly wears his Crimson and Grey just as he did Saturday night.

My next older brother is an alumni of the U-Dub yet because he lives in Tenn. he roots for the Vols. But, if they were playing the Huskies, even in Tennessee he too would proudly wear his purple & gold.

Then there is my 3rd. oldest brother (RIP) who coached for both the U-Dub AND WAZZU (and several other teams including the NFL) and those that met him and didn't know any better would have thought he was that school's or pro. team he happened to coaching for as THAT particular team's greatest fan. What they learned of course was that he was totally dedicated to the KIDS (anyone younger than him was considered a "kid") and their SAFETY and FUN was very important to him. He would be very interested in what has been found out about brain injuries and CTE's.

So, yeah, there will ALWAYS be a rivalry between WAZZU in the east and UW in the west. Just like the "civil war" between Oregon & Oregon State. Not only do the fans take these rivalries very seriously but so do the players. All you have to do is listen to Drew Bledsoe or Brock Huard talk about their Apple Cup experiences and what it meant to either win or lose that game. To them, winning the Apple Cup was much more important than even winning a bowl game.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:55 pm

burrrton wrote:When the die hard alumni quit caring about it.

Plus, you're not going to embarrass a Coug pointing to the one-sided record. The underdog status is a badge they wear with pride (I say "they" even though I played there- I can root for UW when they're not playing WSU, and I've never been that invested in the football team).

Yeah, you can say they didn't really have a choice in the matter, but you should know it's something they've come to embrace, at least all that I know (and I know a lot).

Good points. I like that way of looking at it.

My boss is a diehard Coug, and the guy responsible for our reader board. On Friday, he put on the board "Cougs rule, Dawgs drool." When I came in this morning, his trash talk was still on the reader board. I told him that I was surprised, that if it were me, I would have made a beeline to that reader board at halftime. I likened his keeping that trash talk on the reader board to strutting around the place with your fly unzipped.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:22 pm

Would Love to draft a RB early next spring.
We need one anyway, and it's wide open in terms of who the next franchise guy will be.
Zorn76
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum