Warren Moon Shrieks With Horror

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Warren Moon Shrieks With Horror

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:24 am

My goodness. Really? That is not too smart. Had he emailed me I could have given him some dd on this guy and the situation in 3 days. Jesus. I love Warren to death, but "a fool and his money are..." what again?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... icket-scam
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Re: Warren Moon Shrieks With Horror

Postby monkey » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:44 am

So you blame the guy who got scammed?
LOL!

I hope they find this jerkwad scammer and string him up by his balls until every red cent is returned to those he scammed.
monkey
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:06 pm

Clearly there is something more to this story than the investigators have told the media at this point. Do not take this story at face value.

Warren Moon is not stupid. A career spent taking brutal hits to the head notwithstanding, he wouldn't have just forked over $200K to some guy for what even the likes of Beavis and Butthead could have discerned seemed like an obvious scam.

There is very likely some blackmail/ extortion afoot in this story about which we aren't yet privied to know.

It has organized crime written all over it.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:18 am

Maybe there is more to this story. I think maybe there is a little bit more.

I think the guy probably showed him fraudulent documents, or was introduced by someone really close to Moon or mentioned close friends of Moon and had the "confidence" factor.

I don't think that you have to be stupid to get scammed, my previous statement about a fool notwithstanding. As we all know, many smart people get scammed every day. Just look at the Madoff situation.

While there might be a bit more to this story as to what the scammer EXACTLY did to have Moon cough up the money, I think that I am safe to say that Moon or his agent did not make any calls or do any dd or pay a lawyer to do dd on whether this guy's representations were legit. If he did, and a lawyer recommended the move, then this complicates my theory and takes this case to an entirely different level.

Moon himself could have conducted some preliminary dd.
You call the Miami Heat ownership. Moon could have gotten deep inside the organization on the first call. Then they would have asked questions, internally, then in a day or two it would have been apparent that it was a scam. Maybe Moon did, and someone gave Moon the green light? I doubt this.

The fact that it appears to easy on the surface tells some people that something else might have been involved.
Maybe it was extortion, blackmail or something along those lines. It's possible. At this point I can only guess like everyone else.

But maybe it was just what it appears to be. Slick talkers can sell you anything through group think, and are very skilled at manipulating people. They say things so outlandish that it sounds true to some people. If you don't fall for their scam they just move quickly until they find the next sucker.

Lots of politicians, lawyers and accountants and doctors have been swindled out of millions by fraudsters. Being smart(in the sense that they have a certain area of knowledge the general public lacks) means nothing. And of course, on the other end of the scale, just because you are in these professions does not mean you are street savvy, or even "smart" in the general sense.
My point is that regardless of who you are or what you do, people can fall victim to someone's scam.

That is not chump change for Moon. IMO. I hope he gets some or all of it back.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:35 am

monkey wrote:So you blame the guy who got scammed?
LOL!

I hope they find this jerkwad scammer and string him up by his balls until every red cent is returned to those he scammed.

Why are you coming on here Monkey and trying to raise my blood pressure with this? ;)
You know what I meant! :roll: Stop trying to rattle the snake! :shock:
To be clarify my earlier post, I feel sorry for Moon. You obviously place all of the blame on the scammer not the scammed(the true victim). My statement notwithstanding about a fool losing his money. However, if I were scammed I would also take responsibility for any mistakes/oversights I might have made as well.

And of course I do agree with you on the last point. But to most of us here on this forum its a decent chunk of money, so yeah, I hope they get all the money back from this guy, I think they will find him. They have his face on multiple cameras between WA and CA, IMO.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum