Rams-Seahawks getting flexed to SNF?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Rams-Seahawks getting flexed to SNF?

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Nope.

https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-seaha ... -111711744

In some ways, I can't blame them. The Rams have the second worst fan base in the league, barely beating out the Chargers. The Cowboys and the Raiders both have nation wide fan bases, so they're rolling the dice hoping that at least one of the two rights their ship. Otherwise, their gamble will be a flaming backfire.

Not that I care that much, except that we usually play well in Prime Time.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Rams-Seahawks getting flexed to SNF?

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:40 pm

edit*

NM, now the link says they've decided not to flex the game.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:21 am

I Wish they would flex it.
Maybe if we had lost in LA in September they would have:)
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:06 am

Zorn76 wrote:I Wish they would flex it.
Maybe if we had lost in LA in September they would have:)

I don't think anything would have made a difference. Whether us and the Rams win or lose this weekend, the game is going to have huge implications for the playoffs for both teams. It's a football lover's dream, two arch rivals going head to head in one of the most intimidating environment in football with first place on the line for us, first place and perhaps HFA for the Rams (the Rams play Philly this Sunday, the Vikings have a tough game at Carolina). It's hard to draw it up any better than this game.

The whole key here is ratings, and the Rams have such a meager fan base that even if one of the two teams between the Cowboys and Raiders, two of the larger, nation wide fan bases, are still mathematically alive, it will draw more viewers than Rams-Seahawks. It's sad when you think of it because a big part of the justification for the Rams moving to LA was that it would bring the 2nd largest TV market in the nation back into the fold.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:01 am

For me, night games start at 7:30 and I hate that aspect. Also this game is at home on the West Coast. The Hawks have no advantage if it is at night.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:13 am

Largent80 wrote:For me, night games start at 7:30 and I hate that aspect. Also this game is at home on the West Coast. The Hawks have no advantage if it is at night.

Ok your Christmas present for not losing faith in the Hawks is not to have the game flexed.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:42 am

Haha, Obi. In that last game I just did some handicapping. As a kid growing up in SoCal my family was involved in horse racing so I learned how to handicap races.

After moving to Washington in the 70's I got a job at Yakima Meadows, and then Longacres after moving west. I saw trends in racing that applied to the Eagles games this year.

Namely, they played weak teams when they we're at a weak point except for KC (which was a loss for them). They only beat one team with a current winning record (Carolina). And Carolina isn't that good either which will be proved in December.

Computing all of that and then adding in INTANGIBLES...namely, the Seahawks trends in recent weeks. Those losses at home were a gigantic barometer for me. The factor of human emotion does NOT show up on a stat sheet. And the Hawks were primed for a good performance in my eyes.

When I handicapped it as a horse race, I saw Philly as a claiming horse that was winning, but against easy competition. Taking a step up in class seperates good horses from horses that either got lucky breaks or are just currently in good form. Philly was in good form in the lower ranks, but they ran into California Chrome when Chrome was on point.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:04 am

The whole NFC South should get real interesting the rest of the way with them playing each other. Now Arron Rodgers is practicing again with the Packers which should also throw some doubt into the mix.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:51 pm

LOL, Nothing is going to help the Wittle Wambs in this game.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Largent80 wrote:For me, night games start at 7:30 and I hate that aspect. Also this game is at home on the West Coast. The Hawks have no advantage if it is at night.

5:30pm actually works great for me. I watched both the Colts game and the Eagles game at BWW with some friends, and we had a blast. I can't really do that with the afternoon time slot and certainly not the early time slot, either.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:11 pm

RiverDog wrote:
5:30pm actually works great for me. I watched both the Colts game and the Eagles game at BWW with some friends, and we had a blast. I can't really do that with the afternoon time slot and certainly not the early time slot, either.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere, Riv. :D
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:48 am

I had a turf fertility and chemicals representative I do business with offer me 4 tickets to the Rams game for $150 apiece. Its a tough time of year $ wise but the seats are section 139 row E seats 3 thru 6. 5 rows up on the Seahawks sideline on the 15 and 2 seats from the aisle.
I looked them up on the Century link site and they are $450+ and there are only 3 left in 139 row E at that price. What should I do Shackers?

JK :D :D its mission abort on our normal christmas plans. Mama and I and the boys are gonna go watch the Lambs get a road rash :D :D . C U at sluggers 10:30 AM Dec 17 if I don't keel over first :P
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum