Revisiting the Duane Brown trade

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Revisiting the Duane Brown trade

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:35 pm

As you can see in the above PFF graphic, the difference in our team pass blocking efficiency brfore and after the DB trade is night and day. Many here said they'd wait to see how it worked out before getting too effusive with the praise of the deal but I think kudos may be due to John for making the deal and to our coaching staff for integrating him successfully with our offense, to Brown for showing our youngsters how it's done in this league (including fighting through injuries) and to the rest of our guys up front for taking their cues from a real pro.

I said when we picked him up I couldn't be happier, held my breath when he got rolled up on (friendly fire IIRC) and have been patiently waiting for the payoff. Looks like we're finally seeing evidence of that payoff.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Re: Revisiting the Duane Brown trade

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:04 pm

The guy's paid off for sure. Now if we can get the run game going before the playoffs, we might do some damage.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:11 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:The guy's paid off for sure. Now if we can get the run game going before the playoffs, we might do some damage.

That's just it. We're looking at just half the equation. We still haven't managed a decent running game beyond Russell's scrambling and improvising.

But that shouldn't take anything away from the point you're making. Improved pass protection alone justifies the trade.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:34 am

Re-Signing him is a MUST. It's also helping putting Pocic at RG in spite of growing pains, it will pay off going forward.

Britt bounced around the line for 2 years and is now a solid center. This could be a good line.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:43 am

Definitely worth the draft picks even if I hate not having selections on draft day because of the trades.
However, there are no guarantees any pick will pan out. At least with Brown we know he can play LT at an NFL level.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:09 am

Largent80 wrote:Re-Signing him is a MUST. It's also helping putting Pocic at RG in spite of growing pains, it will pay off going forward.

Britt bounced around the line for 2 years and is now a solid center. This could be a good line.

I think this is being a bit myopic in crediting only Brown for this increase in pressures. As Largent80 points out, Aboushi went out and Joke-L came in at about the same time. So there were more than just a single moving part in this equation.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:48 am

Perhaps, ID, but one cannot deny the impact he has had on the team. Just listen to what the other linemen are saying about learning from him. Pocic at RG, an improved Ifedi, Luke J back have also had an impact as has just more time. Till, Brown's resigning is priority #1 for me this off-season.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Perhaps, ID, but one cannot deny the impact he has had on the team. Just listen to what the other linemen are saying about learning from him. Pocic at RG, an improved Ifedi, Luke J back have also had an impact as has just more time. Till, Brown's resigning is priority #1 for me this off-season.

Yeah, I'd have to say you are right. If this team is going to shift more to the offense, then he is a big priority.
idhawkman
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum