Demaryius Thomas hopes Richard Sherman covers him

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Demaryius Thomas hopes Richard Sherman covers him

Postby Distant Relative » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:10 am

Although he says it with respect, I think he better be careful what he wishes for.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... covers-him
Distant Relative
Legacy

Re: Demaryius Thomas hopes Richard Sherman covers him

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:16 am

He repeated it like 25 times(exaggeration):
"I think he's a great player".

Hard for Sherman to latch on to those comments. Like you said, he said it nicely, but knowing Sherman....
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:01 pm

Well, he will get what he wants sometimes, but Sherm won't shadow him, the Broncos have too many other weapons...we just need to play our defense, nothing extra, just do what got us here.

I'll say this about the Broncos receivers, except for Welker, they are pretty big, and so on paper at least, SEEM to be a good match for our big strong secondary.
But the irony is, except for Welker, they are anything but tough. Welker is EASILY the most physical of those receivers.
The Broncos have had, by percentage, (because they throw so much you have to look at the percentage), quite a few more drops than you would expect. Of those drops, many if not most of them came from the receivers shying away from contact, getting alligator arms, and protecting themselves from the big hit.
Enter: Kam Chancellor!

Seriously, go look at the stats, the Broncos receivers are terrific, I am not taking anything away from them, but they drop too many passes, and for their size, they ARE surprisingly contact shy, (except Welker who is clearly bat-shit crazy and OUGHT to be after getting his bell rung so often!).
Demarius, shies away from contact, and develops alligator arms after getting hit. Pop them, get into their heads, and they develop the drops. That's not speculation, it's fact, as has been written about here ---> http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2014/film-room-demaryius-thomas.
monkey
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:26 pm

I'm willing to bet that Sherm will be matched up on Decker almost the entire time. Peyton likes to move his recievers and target the "weak" matchups.

I was talking to a big Bronco's fan on Friday night, a guy I was talking to last year this time about a possible Super Bowl matchup between the two teams and he echoed that he's worried about the physicality and that Decker especially shies from contact and constantly looks for the ref to bail him out instead of fighting for balls.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:37 pm

I personally dont see a weak match in the broncos favor in this game.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:10 pm

Man, I wish Brandon Browner hadn't gotten pinched by Goody-Goody, and was playing in the Smoke-a-Bowl™.

I realize he gets beat sometimes because of his size, but damn, he was such an intimidating presence because of the ferocity of his hits.

Sucks.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:55 am

The more I think about this game, the more I believe that it comes down to Beast Mode vs the Broncos rush D.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:57 am

Distant Relative wrote:Although he says it with respect, I think he better be careful what he wishes for.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... covers-him

I'm not sure how many times those two will be matched up. Quinn doesn't like flip flopping his corners that much. Sherman usually lines up on the offensive right of the formation, so it depends on how the Broncos choose to attack our defense.

One of the things I've noticed about Peyton is that he seems to loft the ball a little more than he used to. He doesn't seem to throw the ball with as much authority as he did prior to his neck injury. If it's a cold or windy day, he could have trouble against a ball hawking secondary like ours. I hope our strategy is to challenge their receivers at the LOS and force Manning to beat us deep. He puts too much air under his passes and Earl's going to eat him alive.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum