We had two big chances to win vs Jax

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

We had two big chances to win vs Jax

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:47 pm

We were 6 points down and went for it on 4th down. Their CB grabbed our WR and pulled him down. He was playing right where RW threw the ball. The refs didn't call it and we turned it over on downs .

The next chance came when they were 3rd down and 11 yards to go. Their RB incredibly picked it up and there went the game.

I'm proud of the Seahawks and I hope we go 11 and 5.

Go Seahawks !
politicalfootball
Legacy

Re: We had two big chances to win vs Jax

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:38 am

politicalfootball wrote:We were 6 points down and went for it on 4th down. Their CB grabbed our WR and pulled him down. He was playing right where RW threw the ball. The refs didn't call it and we turned it over on downs .

The next chance came when they were 3rd down and 11 yards to go. Their RB incredibly picked it up and there went the game.

I'm proud of the Seahawks and I hope we go 11 and 5.

Go Seahawks !

\If you watch the play, the ref was looking RIGHT AT the 2 players ands didn't call it. The refs were doing it all game, they ruined this game as they have many others, and it's probably going to be my last year of getting involved. I just don't see fair, unbiased officiating and it isn't worth my time or effort to be invested.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:52 am

Largent80 wrote:\If you watch the play, the ref was looking RIGHT AT the 2 players ands didn't call it. The refs were doing it all game, they ruined this game as they have many others, and it's probably going to be my last year of getting involved. I just don't see fair, unbiased officiating and it isn't worth my time or effort to be invested.

The conspiracy theorist in me has to wonder if it's all part of Goodell scheming to make sure an LA team wins their division...
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:56 am

Although I believe it was a penalty and should have been called, I got the impression that Richardson over exaggerated the contact and went down a little too easily, a.k.a. flopped. If he would have just stayed up the ref probably would have thrown the flag. It's kinda like a batter in baseball with a 3 ball count taking off to first before the umpire has had a chance to make the call. They don't like to be intimidated.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:29 pm

RiverDog wrote:Although I believe it was a penalty and should have been called, I got the impression that Richardson over exaggerated the contact and went down a little too easily, a.k.a. flopped. If he would have just stayed up the ref probably would have thrown the flag. It's kinda like a batter in baseball with a 3 ball count taking off to first before the umpire has had a chance to make the call. They don't like to be intimidated.

I don't know... I thought he flopped a bit when I watched the first replay, but then I watched it a few more times and noticed that the defender falls and grabs him by the inside of the shoulder pads and pulls him down as he is falling. That would be tough to get through as you are also trying to run full speed. As bad of a non-call as you will see.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:46 pm

mykc14 wrote:I don't know... I thought he flopped a bit when I watched the first replay, but then I watched it a few more times and noticed that the defender falls and grabs him by the inside of the shoulder pads and pulls him down as he is falling. That would be tough to get through as you are also trying to run full speed. As bad of a non-call as you will see.

Agreed that it was a bad no-call. Although I don't think the contact was enough to cause him to fall, I do think that it was significant enough to disrupt his route and should have drawn the flag. My sense is that the unnatural part of his fall and failure to regain his balance caused the ref to keep his flag in his pocket.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Yeah, river I believe it was enough because he pulls him down. There wasn't much Richardson can do about it. Bad no call.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:50 pm

It should have been Defensive holding clearly.

Now we have to win the next two so we can out do the Falcons and win the tie breaker with the cowboys. Then we'll have to see what happens with the Cards game. it may or may not matter at that point.
idhawkman
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum