This was fricking embarrasing

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

This was fricking embarrasing

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:05 pm

We have to be the poorest losers in the league. I'm done with that POS Michael Bennett. Cut his ass!
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: This was fricking embarrasing

Postby mykc14 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:15 pm

RiverDog wrote:We have to be the poorest losers in the league. I'm done with that POS Michael Bennett. Cut his ass!

You mean our nomination for Walter Payton man of the year?? What a joke.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:48 pm

mykc14 wrote:You mean our nomination for Walter Payton man of the year?? What a joke.

No kidding. You might as well nominate Ndamukong Suh. Bennett is a frigging disgrace, a genuine POS. I'm tired of making excuses for his behavior. Time to call him out for what he is.
Last edited by RiverDog on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:03 pm

I missed it; thankfully. What’d he do?
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:10 pm

He tried to take out a lineman's knees on a kneel down play while Jax was in their victory formation. Then Richardson tried to go into the stands after some fans. Expect some suspensions.

"With Jacksonville in victory formation, three penalties were handed out after a fight broke out on Blake Bortles’ first kneeldown. Leonard Fournette was penalized for the Jaguars, while Sheldon Richardson and Michael Bennett had their own personal foul penalties. Nobody is going to pay attention to Fournette’s call, because Sheldon Richardson got tossed for throwing a punch at the rookie running back, and Bennett rather despicably rolled up on center Brandon Linder’s knees after the play was over, which was what set Fournette off."

Here's the video:

https://247sports.com/nfl/jacksonville- ... -112102609
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:01 pm

Richardson was ejected after the first whistle; then Jefferson was ejected on the next play. That was Jefferson that the fans threw beer on, and then he went towards the stands.

What was just as frustrating to watch was that despite Wilson's usual heroics, he threw three horrible interceptions where the ball seemed to just hang up in the air forever. The last INT was the most frustrating to watch, since we had been moving the ball well, and he forced a throw to a double covered Baldwin who wasn't even open.
I-5
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:04 pm

I-5 wrote:That was Jefferson that the fans threw beer on, and then he went towards the stands.

Thanks for the correction. My bad. At that point, I wasn't even paying attention to names and numbers. I just knew it was our DL.

But he didn't just go towards the stands, he tried to climb up into them. We've descended into the realm of professional wrestling.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby The POPE » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:16 pm

That display at the end of the game was total BS. Tempting to take the hawks sticker off the pope mobile after that disgraceful show of sportsmanship. Pete has lost contr with his boys will be boys shtick. These are grown men so f*cking act like it. Can’t wait to drop Bennett’s contract. He is the best the hawks can come up with for man of the year. That’s pretty damm sad.
The POPE
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:33 pm

I'm starting to question how much control Pete really has over this team.
Whatever he's doing, it's Not working from a discipline standpoint.

I dunno, folks. Even before today's lame ending, I can't help but think that maybe Pete's message has run its course. He refuses to change an offensive staff that clearly doesn't know what they're doing, but I guess will continue to employ those two clowns as long as he's around.

The defense is in tatters but playing hard. But even then I think we could do better than Richard.

Something's been off this entire year with the Seahawks, and it's more than just injuries. Has the feel now of individual star players thrown together than it does true team character.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:51 pm

Sportsmanship either you have it or you don't. I care about the Seahawks but something must be done.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby trents » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:02 pm

I've always been concerned about Pete's having control of the team. I said that a few months ago and all you guys poopooed it. I've seen this issue in the way he coddled M. Lynch when he was a Hawk and Sherman all along.

But the other foot hasn't fallen yet from today's end of game meltdown. I think you will see sanctions being handed down by the league that may have disastrous results for the rest of the season and making the playoffs.

And J. Graham didn't have one catch today, did he? I hope he was at least blocking on the run plays for a change.
trents
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:44 am

RiverDog wrote:We have to be the poorest losers in the league. I'm done with that POS Michael Bennett. Cut his ass!

Wow that's huge for you Riv. He is becoming such a liability, I have to agree. Moreover, he is not the player he was 3 years ago.
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:47 am

Richardson I can see, fans should not throw stuff, but you have to maintain an even strain, you get paid to be level headed.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:30 am

I'd like to hear the provocation first. Sheldon Richardson is known to have a short fuse. Too bad we lost Wagner, he's the leader of the defense. Once he went out, things fell apart.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:10 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:I'd like to hear the provocation first. Sheldon Richardson is known to have a short fuse. Too bad we lost Wagner, he's the leader of the defense. Once he went out, things fell apart.

Oh geez I didn't know that. IF we had no bad luck with injuries we would have no luck at all.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:08 am

2 words. Russ Wilson. He was off, particularly on 3 throws but also a few other misses. He’s won us games his whole career but yesterday he lost us one .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:35 am

Go ahead and be embarrased. I'm not....You have no idea of what was going on during the game, the dirty play that Jax was allowed to get away with and especially in the trenches. It's men bashing against each other with violence, not patty cake.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:54 am

Eff that. I don't want this team to get good at losing.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:28 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:I'd like to hear the provocation first. Sheldon Richardson is known to have a short fuse. Too bad we lost Wagner, he's the leader of the defense. Once he went out, things fell apart.

Did you see it live like I did? Have you seen the replay? The game was over, and all that was left was a couple of kneel downs.

The player that Bennett rolled up on did nothing wrong. He was standing up and facing away from Bennett and had stopped any action when Bennett intentionally rolled up on him. Bennett's actions would have made Ndamukong Suh blush.

I expect suspensions for at least two if not three of our DL's. This single event when the game was over could kill our chances of a division title and a playoff appearance.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:30 am

Sox-n-hawks wrote:Eff that. I don't want this team to get good at losing.

There's a difference between getting good at losing, which is what the Browns have perfected, and being good losers a.k.a. demonstrating good sportsmanship.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:31 am

Largent80 wrote:Go ahead and be embarrased. I'm not....You have no idea of what was going on during the game, the dirty play that Jax was allowed to get away with and especially in the trenches. It's men bashing against each other with violence, not patty cake.

What happened during the game is irrelevant. The game was over.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:33 am

I don’t know about losing control of the team. We are poor losers, but it’s not a unique problem with us or PC. The Patriots also have issues at the end of games sometimes and have players yelling at coaches, etc... It’s a high intensity game played by alpha males. I don’t like the way we lose but it seems like that’s what you get when you have a bunch of guys who play that close to the edge. I certainly don’t feel like it’s PC losing control or anything.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:44 am

mykc14 wrote:I don’t know about losing control of the team. We are poor losers, but it’s not a unique problem with us or PC. The Patriots also have issues at the end of games sometimes and have players yelling at coaches, etc... It’s a high intensity game played by alpha males. I don’t like the way we lose but it seems like that’s what you get when you have a bunch of guys who play that close to the edge. I certainly don’t feel like it’s PC losing control or anything.

It's certainly debatable, and none of us are close enough to the locker room to get a good feel of just how much control Pete has or doesn't have over his players relative to other teams in the league.

But you can't deny that it has been an issue that has dogged Pete going all the way back to his days at USC. You can't say the same thing about Belichek. This has happened before, at the end of SB 49, which was a lot more emotionally charged than this garden variety regular season game. I also don't know of Belichek having players refuse to go into a game like Pete had with Percy Harvin.

IMO it's the atmosphere of permissiveness that is promoted by Pete that provides the environment in which something like this can happen.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:54 am

I would like to hear an explanation of what happened during the game not being relevant.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:02 am

Largent80 wrote:I would like to hear an explanation of what happened during the game not being relevant.

It's like shooting a person that is trying to surrender or throwing a sucker punch. At that point, they were non combatants and all hostilities had ceased, meaning anything that happened before then was irrelevant. Whether or not any Jacksonville player might have deserved it is beside the point.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:05 am

Once again you are focusing on the very end of the game and not addressing what went on for the previous 59 minutes. It's like to you it never happened and it doesn't matter. It DOES matter. Did some players cross a line, perhaps but jaxsonville did it the whole game and got away with it.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:49 am

I don’t know about losing control of the team. We are poor losers, but it’s not a unique problem with us or PC. The Patriots also have issues at the end of games sometimes and have players yelling at coaches, etc... It’s a high intensity game played by alpha males. I don’t like the way we lose but it seems like that’s what you get when you have a bunch of guys who play that close to the edge. I certainly don’t feel like it’s PC losing control or anything.

I generally agree with this.
Football is an emotional game and I think Pete's philosophy is in part to get the best outcome from those emotions.
Sometimes they boil over, but more often they get better results than suppressing them.
Unfortunately in this game we saw the bad part of the alpha males whose emotions got the better of them and I would expect we will be missing at least 1 key player when we go against laRams.
It might mean the difference between winning and losing considering we are pretty thin along the DL.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:38 am

Imo Seattle had every right to try to dislodge the ball in a 1 score game and to do that they have to intercept the snap. It’s legal to keep playing and I’ve heard veteran players saying today that it’s clear to offensive players whether the d is coming or not and they need to protect themselves . I’ve seen Seattle do it before although I’ve never seen them succeed.

Obviously the problem was when the whistle blew and they kept going . The refs stunk and completely lost control of the game.

Jax is a bunch of punks that were lucky Russ had his D- game for 3 quarters . The errors were mostly unforced rookie style panic throws like he morphed into Deshone Kizer. If he plays decent Seattle wins easily .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:01 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Imo Seattle had every right to try to dislodge the ball in a 1 score game and to do that they have to intercept the snap. It’s legal to keep playing and I’ve heard veteran players saying today that it’s clear to offensive players whether the d is coming or not and they need to protect themselves . I’ve seen Seattle do it before although I’ve never seen them succeed.

Obviously the problem was when the whistle blew and they kept going . The refs stunk and completely lost control of the game.

Jax is a bunch of punks that were lucky Russ had his D- game for 3 quarters . The errors were mostly unforced rookie style panic throws like he morphed into Deshone Kizer. If he plays decent Seattle wins easily .

How many teams have you seen recover a fumble or intercept a snap in a kneel down situation? The whistle blows a split second after the snap in a kneel down, so unless the QB fumbles the exchange, something that I've never seen since the Eagles beat the Giants decades ago on a fumbled exchange, the event that led to what is now known as the victory formation, the game was over the instant they lined up.

But I agree with your last paragraph. This game isn't close if Russell plays anywhere near his average play.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:05 pm

RiverDog wrote:
It's certainly debatable, and none of us are close enough to the locker room to get a good feel of just how much control Pete has or doesn't have over his players relative to other teams in the league.

But you can't deny that it has been an issue that has dogged Pete going all the way back to his days at USC. You can't say the same thing about Belichek. This has happened before, at the end of SB 49, which was a lot more emotionally charged than this garden variety regular season game. I also don't know of Belichek having players refuse to go into a game like Pete had with Percy Harvin.

IMO it's the atmosphere of permissiveness that is promoted by Pete that provides the environment in which something like this can happen.

The Patriots had multiple players fined for the end of SB 49 as well. What happened when Harvin refused to go back into the Cowboys game? He was immediately traded. There are other examples of players not falling into Pete's system who have been cut/traded.

I don't disagree with your last statement. That doesn't, however, mean that he has in anyway lost control of anything. It's also Pete's atmosphere of permissiveness that has allowed late rounders and castoff from other teams the perfect atmosphere to excel. It's that fine line that we go over sometimes. Play at the edge. Use all that emotion from every little slight to be the best player you can be. Every week is a championship week. All of those things create a team that plays very hard all the way through, but also is on the edge of control. Sometimes those emotions boil over.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:11 pm

RiverDog wrote:[

How many teams have you seen recover a fumble or intercept a snap in a kneel down situation? The whistle blows a split second after the snap in a kneel down, so unless the QB fumbles the exchange, something that I've never seen since the Eagles beat the Giants decades ago on a fumbled exchange, the event that led to what is now known as the victory formation, the game was over the instant they lined up.

But I agree with your last paragraph. This game isn't close if Russell plays anywhere near his average play.

I don't like that play either. I don't think it has every happened. What Bennett is trying to do is hit the ball before the center actually gets the snaps to the QB. I honestly don't think it is physically possible, but I am not surprised Bennett tries it every time another team is in that formation. He thinks he can get it and he is ultra competitive. He doesn't want to concede anything. Again, I personally don't like it, but it's hard to send the message that you are always in a game... always compete... etc... and then tell your players to concede.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Watch Bennett at the end of SB 49 if you can stomach it. He attempted to time the snap and leap over and tackle Brady in the end zone before he could get in the field of play .Unfortunately he jumped the snap as usual effectively taking Seattle off life support.
He tried to do the same thing to Rivers a couple of years ago in a similar situation .

I agree it’s a one in a million shot but so is the lotto . Someone is gonna win someday and I don’t mind my team doing all they can to win.

It’s the extracurricular stuff that bothers me along with the fact Bennett is making 10 mil
or so and he’s disappeared for the most part since other players are injured.

Obviously our guy can’t go into the stands but I don’t blame him for trying and wish he’d have caught the punk in a way. Someone who will throw beer on a 300 lb football player needs his face smashed.’
I remember something like that in an NBA game in the day.

Im wondering what we will see next week and will guys be suspended.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:11 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Watch Bennett at the end of SB 49 if you can stomach it. He attempted to time the snap and leap over and tackle Brady in the end zone before he could get in the field of play .Unfortunately he jumped the snap as usual effectively taking Seattle off life support.
He tried to do the same thing to Rivers a couple of years ago in a similar situation .

I agree it’s a one in a million shot but so is the lotto . Someone is gonna win someday and I don’t mind my team doing all they can to win.

It’s the extracurricular stuff that bothers me along with the fact Bennett is making 10 mil
or so and he’s disappeared for the most part since other players are injured.

Obviously our guy can’t go into the stands but I don’t blame him for trying and wish he’d have caught the punk in a way. Someone who will throw beer on a 300 lb football player needs his face smashed.’
I remember something like that in an NBA game in the day.

Im wondering what we will see next week and will guys be suspended.

There's a difference between Bennett trying to tackle Brady and what happened in the Jacksonville game in that Brady was virtually on the goal line and there was an extremely remote possibility of a safety. If Bennett could have forced Brady to take a half step back, the game would have continued. In this situation, going low in case there was a fumbled snap seems to have been the tactic with the best chance of success, but even that has zero chance, as defined by the number of successful occasions there's been in the NFL since QB's started to kneel down divided by the number of kneel downs, which has to be in the thousands. I would rather see our guys do what 99.99% of the players do in that situation...extend their hands in a gesture of congratulations.

But l do agree that the after whistle stuff was the most egregious acts, particularly Jefferson attempting to go into the stands after a fan. He's damn lucky that security restrained him. It reminded me of professional wrestling.

Having said that, I hope the Jacksonville authorities find those fans that were throwing objects and ban them for life.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Blah blah blah.

Hahaha
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:38 pm

mykc14 wrote:The Patriots had multiple players fined for the end of SB 49 as well. What happened when Harvin refused to go back into the Cowboys game? He was immediately traded. There are other examples of players not falling into Pete's system who have been cut/traded.

It's not that Pete doesn't take action when something happens. He does, and has made some tough personnel decisions over the years, gotten rid of players that have not bought into his system, taken corrective action when problems arise. His reaction to incidents, such as the Harvin fiasco, isn't the problem. The Harvin incident was a localized symptom of a wider problem.

The problem is that Pete's overall permissive attitude, this "do your own thing" mentality that he has established, coupled with his closeness to his players, creates an atmosphere that leads someone like Harvin to get the impression that his personal feelings and self interests count at least as much as the best interests of the team, and as such lays the ground work for a conflict of interest.

Pete has been very successful with his philosophy and I wouldn't trade him for any other coach in the league, but his style does have its downside, part of which was on display yesterday afternoon.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:38 pm

LOL, a lot of garbage about people that play ball and from people that don't.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:44 pm

RiverDog wrote:
Pete has been very successful with his philosophy and I wouldn't trade him for any other coach in the league, but his style does have its downside, part of which was on display yesterday afternoon.

This I completely agree with. No doubt his style has led to a ton of success, but it also allows for incidents like yesterday to happen.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:19 pm

This is the way I view it. If you are embarassed, the door is right THERE, get your ass out of it and don't look back.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:37 pm

Largent80 wrote:This is the way I view it. If you are embarassed, the door is right THERE, get your ass out of it and don't look back.

I don't think anybody being embarrassed by the end of that game needs to leave the forum or turn their fan card in. In fact, they have every right to be embarrassed by that display. Who are you to say what should or shouldn't embarrass them? We all have a right to expect a certain level of sportsmanship from our team and when somebody feels like our team isn't living up to that standard then it is their right to say they don't like it. I don't see why this bothers you so much.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Largent80 wrote:LOL, a lot of garbage about people that play ball and from people that don't.

Are you new to the idea of sports forums? Almost everything being typed is from people who don't play ball. Is it your view that nobody should question anybody/anything unless we play ball?
mykc14
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum